Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Free stuff??? (not spam, I swear,lol)
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 15, 2011 11:05PM

Found this site that sells "groupons" basically you join up, then check for deals in your area, different business's have like coupons or gift certificates on there for 50% off, but they only sell if a certain amount of people purchase them, if they dont reach the minimum then nobody is charged a dime, they dont cover everywhere, and I dont get anything for you joining up, but I do get some free stuff I think if you end up actually finding something you want on there after joining, so please join up, and hopefully you find something you like! grinning smiley

I bought an thing from the penny Ice creamery in santa cruz for $4 that is worth $8 and sent it to my friend for her birthday present, its her favoritegrinning smiley oh, and a link is emailed to yuo, which leads you to a thing where you print out your coupon!!!

[www.groupon.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Free stuff??? (not spam, I swear,lol)
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 18, 2011 07:20AM

oh wait
i thought u said it was free but then i'm hearing that its not free, its just 50% off if enough people sign up fo\r it to want it to be half off?
i'm confused
maybe i should actually use my finger to click on the site and

READ

lolsmiling smiley

yeah, i know
i am so lazy sometimes
i just don't get it

Date: January 18, 2011 07:50AM

its free stuff , basically gift certificates for twice the value of what you pay for them, so if there is like a restaurant or something somewhere that you like to go to you get half off gift certificates (if they have businesses using them in your area) If enough people buy the groupon, then you get the double value gift certificate thing, If enough people dont buy it, then nobody gets it.. .its like getting a huge group discount...

www.freesampleforager.com has posting for free stuff often, I get lots of free samples from there from time to time, although there haven't been very many free samples lately, but it should pick up soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: January 18, 2011 01:25PM

Thanks! I just got a free Toilet Paper Extender - whatever that is. More stuff to store.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 18, 2011 05:53PM

OMG Curator, that sounds like someone I got mixed up with in Chicago. I went to this raw food restaurant with a $50 coupon (it was another Internet company, though, not Groupon) and me and my guy ordered all this food thinking that we had it coming to us and the restaurant refused the coupon! I had paid $25 for it and I would never have gone and ordered food that expensive had I known! So we ended up giving these people another ten bucks but I will never go back there!

Date: January 18, 2011 08:26PM

hmmm banana who, my friends have used the ones for the penny ice creamery in santa cruz and theres worked, in fact it was the penny ice creamery that told me about this, im friends with one of the owners on facebook and she sent me to this site, I bought it for my friend, my friend printed it out, and used it... Id suggest if you see something you like on here but are afraid to buy it, to call the business and ask a manager about whether or not their business will accept them... I only trusted it cause one of the business owners sent me the link... otherwise I never would have,lol

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 18, 2011 08:27PM

oh and kidraw, that toilet paper extender, is actually pretty cool, it basically makes it to where the larger rolls of tp can fit in smaller tp holders... where im living right now its so old the tp holder in there is like from be4 rolls where so huge, so a normal roll never fit right in it,lol... now it does...grinning smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 19, 2011 03:30AM

Yeah that's a good piece of advice...I just ASSumed they would honor the coupon. Honestly though, they were a-holes about it. I mean, we didn't go there to scam them and it's like in this economy, are you SURE you want to be hard asses about a few bucks? I didn't feel respected a bit; the waitress even called the owner and he argued with us on the phone. Maybe the customer's not always right but come on! We traveled quite a ways to get to this place. They suck.

Date: January 19, 2011 05:28AM

I agree, that was a fairly ridiculous way for them to treat you sad smiley *hugs*

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 20, 2011 12:30AM

Ah it's okay, thanks...We just happened to be in the city the other day and drove by there and relived the experience. The weird thing is that you'd think owners of a RAW place would be more conscious but no...the Almighty Dollar won out. Irony is that when you strive to give the customer more than expected, I think it works out even better...

Date: January 20, 2011 01:50AM

well, yeah! imagine how many more times you probably would have gone there if they had been like "well, this place ripped you off, this coupon isnt valid, but we will honor it JUST this once cause your health and repeated business matters to us."

Chances are they would have made more money off you in the future than they did on that one meal... even if you only went there once a year, it would have payed off.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 20, 2011 08:29PM

hey banana who

u might also want to check out that internet coupon company place and see if they are legit

also, it would probably be better to actually call and ask for the owner/manager first prior to going there or even.... better yet, prior to even THINKING about plunking down money to get that coupon

25 bucks is a lot of money to spend on nothing

also, its weird, i sometimes think that all these internet things are just making up stuff and surprising the owners of the actual business

sometimes, they just do stuff like that

its called

a

scam
and they are pretty prevalent

in case u ever think of going to a stuff like that

ask around ( not just on the internet because those sites could be rigged by the company itself)

to see if anyone else has been successful in successfully attaining that company's product

too bad that happened to you

the owner, as i see it, has every right to refuse a coupon that they had absolutely zero intent or say in producing

this is obviously what happened otherwise if it was a valid coupon, most places will automatically take them

of course that doesn't make you feel good

but just saying that even if a restaurant is raw

they don't have to take a coupon that rips them off and is invalid

i wouldn't

its like ... say if you owned a business

and someone gave you a fake one hundred dollar bill

and started to buy a bunch of stuff at your store

say the customer didn't know that the bill that was given to him/her was fake

you probably wouldn't honor that 100 dollar bill

no

matter

WHAT

i still commiserate with you

but just saying that i can definitely see why the raw store owner would say

no

still stinks though grinning smiley

Date: January 20, 2011 09:05PM

Yeah LV, I guess I thought since it had all these companies listed that they were in on it. Actually though, I don't know if you ever go on Yelp, but that's where I first found out about the coupons and that this place accepted them. My sense is that the owners are in on it and then they claim all these little exceptions to the rules, which is the "fine print." I looked high and low for it and couldn't see any tricky language but when I went back I saw that it was a bit nebulous. In any case, I totally get why businesses may not want to accept something that is not kosher to them. But it's all about intent and I just feel that raw food owners should be less suspicious and more trusting of their clientele. But then again, I am very idealistic...smiling smiley

Date: January 20, 2011 09:08PM

Actually, fake $100 bills are still worth $100... cause you can trade them in at the bank for a real onesmiling smiley I found this out the hard way while selling most of my belongings at a garage sale, and somebody only had 100's and wanted to buy $20 worth of stuff... they where gone by the time I realized it was a fake, A really well done fake too, I could only tell cause the paper was not quite right, and the security band was obviously drawn on after closer examination...

But yes, I fully support researching any company that has stuff as awesome as this being offered,lol, my friend has already used the ice cream coupon from the site I posted, and it worked, plus I had been sent to this website by one of the owners of the ice cream shop to begin with...so I think its pretty legitimate.smiling smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2011 09:09PM by Curator.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables