Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Perfectly Imperfect.
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 19, 2011 05:39AM

Sooo, I haven't written any poetry or songs since My girlfriend Julia died except just one, and well, lets just say it was about as far from happy as a poem can be... But I was talking to my two best friends in the whole world today, we had this just absolutely amazing 3 way heart to heart...there was a big issue between them, allot of hurt feelings on both sides, and both of them kept telling me about how much they loved each other, pouring out all their feelings and fears and anger about each other to me... but wouldn't talk to each other... So I did something I have never done be4, I just saw how things where spiraling out of control, how two people who really loved each other where going to lose each other over a misunderstanding... I told them each everything the other told me, then told them not to say a word, but to sit there and think over what the other has been feeling for awhile, then to give each other one really big hug, then talk about things... And I am just so happy, they have worked through things. ^_^ Anyway, they said allot of wonderful things to me about how much they love me, and all this other nice stuff... and I just felt inspired, and I wrote this... its not perfect, its just what I felt... and it feels nice to finally write something again...

Perfectly Imperfect.

Life isn't perfect
I may not be perfect
you may not be perfect
But I love,not in spite of,but because of
All these imperfections that make us so perfect.

I want to know you
I want to grow with you
I want to share all my love.

Holding my heart
I give to you freely
All of these pieces
Every thing I am
To help you see how beautiful you are.

I want to know you
I want to grow with you
I want to share all my love.

You where the glue
That held me together
Made my life brighter
I may not be perfect
But I want to be the same for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Perfectly Imperfect.
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 19, 2011 09:58PM

This was very touching; what a lovely gensis for this poem, too. You really are a brick smiling smiley

Date: January 19, 2011 10:04PM

hehe, thanks tamsmiling smiley a brick? lol... that song from the 70's popped into my head "she's a brick, hooooouse, she's mighty mighty, lettin it all hang out." hehehe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 19, 2011 11:53PM

No, honey, go back a few decades fruther and it means something like, "Decent, stand-up kind of guy" smiling smiley

Date: January 19, 2011 11:56PM

ohhhh, wow, thankyou tamgrinning smiley *blushes* er, I appreciate the compliment ^_^... I should have known that, allot of my favorite movies are over 50 years old,LOL

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 22, 2011 12:46AM

perfectly imperfect

that is beautiffffullll

thanks curator

Date: January 22, 2011 01:40AM

than you LV, im glad you enjoyed it ^_^

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables