Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ack! Skunk!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 28, 2011 09:53AM

I was having a nightmare that the house reeked of skunk, it made me toss and turn this morning until I woke up at 3:50 and realized that IT WASN'T A DREAM!!! The house actually does reek of skunk. Maybe because my neighbour has started feeding her cat outside on the porch tongue sticking out smiley. Hopefully I can convince her to stop doing that but in the meantime any suggestions? This is an odour I can't sleep through, it's eye wateringly powerful. I am burning candles and incense and will buy some roasted coffee beans to set out in little dishes but... anything else I can do, anything outside to get rid of it there? Anything to keep them from coming back? Gah, it's so gross...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ack! Skunk!
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 28, 2011 05:31PM

10% BLEACH TO 90% WATER is supposed to get rid of skunk smell if it say sprayed on her house or sidewalk or something ..

i always heard about tomato juice but thats more ifyou personally get sprayed ..

if its on the grass im not sure if the bleach wouldnt kill the grass sad smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 28, 2011 05:43PM

•Wash colorfast objects such as patios, decks, building walls and fences with a solution made of 1 cup of liquid laundry bleach to every gallon of warm water. Test the surface in an inconspicuous area to make sure the bleach doesn't discolor it. Spray or douse every surface that has been in contact with the skunk's secretions. It can take several applications to dispel the scent entirely.

Mix 1 gallon of clear vinegar with 1 cup of liquid dishwashing soap in a backpack-type garden sprayer, and spray down the grass to nullify the lingering skunk scent on your lawn.

Place 25 lbs. of charcoal on a plastic tarpaulin and put it in the crawl space to neutralize the scent from a skunk that has sprayed under a house. If too much of the odor has come inside the house, only time and ventilation will effect an ultimate cure.

Light scented candles--particularly citronella--and burn incense on a deck or patio to impart a more pleasant scent to the air. It will not neutralize the skunk odor, but can help to temporarily mask it.

Read more: How to Get Rid of a Skunk Odor Outside | eHow.com [www.ehow.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 28, 2011 06:01PM

I get skunk smell around here, oh, about four or five times a year. I just wait for it to dissipate, but you might try Jodi's suggestions. As for tomato juice, I can tell you from bitter experience that it works great for washing oneself or one's pets, but you do need gallons of it. The kind that comes bulk in a can from the restuarant supply place is handy to have, as it can be kep in a store room out of the way. Good luck.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 28, 2011 06:11PM

Thanks guys. It's either dissipated or I've gotten used to the lingering aroma in the house. Pretty nasty. So long as it doesn't come back tonight we should be good. I can hose down the porch and side walk way with bleach solution but it will probably freeze, it's so cold here today!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables