Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Best place to live for a raw vegan?
Posted by: Jonathan Barlow ()
Date: March 04, 2011 05:19PM

What do raw vegans think are some good areas to reside in? I'm in the northeast US. I think it's expensive, loud, polluted, crowded, cold, and mostly closed-minded. sad smiley I'd like to live somewhere warmer, where year round I could grow my own food, ride a bicycle everywhere, sleep outside, and otherwise live on the cheap and eco-friendly. smiling smiley

I used to think I wanted to move farther north, to a sparcely populated area like maine or even Alaska, but now that seems kind of depressing. Would be hard to survive without animal products and fossil fuels. The silence, solitude, and independence was what appealed to me about the potential of that lifestyle. But maybe I don't really need to distance myself from everybody, just the kind of people I tend to run into around here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best place to live for a raw vegan?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 04, 2011 09:14PM

Farthest Argentina. Or California, but it's getting so crowded, it's liable to break off and float away. Hawaii, of course, and the Carolinas(but only pockets of them). New Zealand is supposed to be nice. They are doing more permaculture farming in western Australia these days. Don't forget that as the planet warms, some of maritime Canada may be balmy all year around, and they have good soil--perhaps you should wait? smiling smiley

I'm in SE Michigan, and am seriously debating moving up to the northern part of the lower peninsula of MI to where they have microclimate farming(vinyards and organic produce), if I don't end up moving to Canada for other reasons.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 04, 2011 09:58PM

Tam, there is amazing land at affordable prices on Manitoulin Island... I need a crew of farmers and builders to make something happen for real, come on girl!

Either that or we're going to camp out on my friend's land in Costa Rica. I'm getting a bit freaked out about the state of things lately. Where is the best place to LIVE in general has been in my mind a lot!

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 05, 2011 02:02AM

its been on mine as well coco... I wish I could get just a giant place out in the middle of nowhere in a good temperate climate with rich soil, and let all the awesome people that want to, to come and visit, then stay and set up a home if they want to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2011 02:02AM by Curator.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 11, 2011 04:43PM

Tam, I have been meaning to ask you about the microclimates in Michigan. Being from IL, I was wondering about trying to acquire land in either WI or MI but knowing how the winters are here in the Chicago area, I am not sure the growing season is long enough...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables