Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fiercely fearless
Posted by: jono ()
Date: March 27, 2011 11:44AM

dear fear, do you fear yourself?

is it possible to be totally fearless?

is it freeing to be less fearful?

does fear limit oneself? surely, it can.

are fears the bars of the cages of people and societies and worlds?

can ultimate fears be transcended/overcome/sidestepped/conquered?

what are ultimate fears?

- fear of rejection

- fear of losing a loved one

- fear of immortality, having a truly immortal soul, and having no way to be obliterated out of existence for good (if this is true, then it makes sense why we might want to forget past lives upon new incarnations). eternity is a long time.

- fear of becoming a disincarnate voice/consciousness locked inside the mind of a malevolent entity for trillions of years or more

- fear of being beamed into a lifeless (except you) and empty phase of reality where you exist forever alone and unable to die

- fear of being mauled by a bear

- fear of shooting a bear so it doesn't maul you

can you think of some ultimate fears?

by experiencing and imagining the Ultimate Nature and Integrity and Grace of God, can all fears be released and can one be freed to fly through the experience of life?

if imagination is infinite, then is it really possible to release all fears if new and greater fears can forever be freshly imagined?

from what does fear spring from?

- desire for preservation of self and other
- desire for control

i suppose some fears may be biologically driven, for example if a car veers toward you, you might experience fear, and this fear might increase your alertness, increasing heart rate and such, and maybe this elevated alertness is helpful to swiftly navigate the situation.

some fears might dwell deep down in the soul.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fiercely fearless
Date: March 27, 2011 12:00PM

- fear of being a nano-bot slave. imagine if nano-bots run amok and integrate into all life on earth, and maybe they infuse you with the power of rapid-healing so it becomes impossible to die. and you have artificial neurons in your brain that can be programmed by your master, whoever that may be.

what else we gotz?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 27, 2011 12:54PM

I feel fear, it's one of the many emotions I'm graced and blessed to be able to experience in this life. I embrace it but like all emotions am not owned by it.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 27, 2011 09:34PM

I feel fear when I am in actually danger. Otherwise, me amygdala is offline.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 28, 2011 02:29AM

While feeling fear in situations where it is called for, such as when there is a real threat or an obvious danger or even a logically suspected danger, is a good thing! It heightens focus and awareness and enables a person (me) to deal with the situation, like to listen attentively or get away quickly.

However, feeling fear is a problem when the fear is misplaced. Sometimes fears are actually fears associated with prior experiences and are not fears arising from the reality of a current situation. An example of that would be feeling fear of speaking before a class as a child because of a mean teacher that criticizes and threatens you (in which case it would be logical and appropriate to feel fear), but then as an adult feeling fear at having to do any public speaking in front of any audiences would not be rational (in those cases it would stem from unresolved issues from the childhood experiences). Well, that's a theory anyway.

Sometimes people (I) just need to go ahead and feel the fear and get on with what I need or want to do and not let irrational fears dictate my behavior. In situations when I have had enough clarity to override my fears and be successful, I shook like a leaf, but later felt such a sense of pride and accomplishment after getting through it! (I used to be terribly shy and now I can be downright outgoing!)

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 28, 2011 07:23AM

fear IS definitely useful, its there to help not hinder, it can keep you safe, then once yo uare safe you can analyze what caused it, and be able to either 1. Dodge said danger in the future, or 2. figure out what about the situation you where afraid of, and analyze whether or not its worthy of being feared, AND why you feared it... it can teach you a lot about yourself, at least it has done so for me...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 28, 2011 12:40PM

Well, as Byron Katie says, bad feelings are a gift, they show you exactly where to look to find a problem that wants your attention. They are always a gift, a clear indication of what to examine and work on next.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 02, 2011 06:39AM

trive says:

<<Sometimes people (I) just need to go ahead and feel the fear and get on with what I need or want to do and not let irrational fears dictate my behavior. In situations when I have had enough clarity to override my fears and be successful, I shook like a leaf, but later felt such a sense of pride and accomplishment after getting through it! (I used to be terribly shy and now I can be downright outgoing!)>

that's BEAUTIFUL!

hey jono

the way to overcome a lot of the fears of being trapped forever in a malevolent entity as only mind ( from a previous incarnation) is to have a bit of

c
u
r
i
o
s
i
t
y

LOLgrinning smiley

like " geeez... i wonder what this evil fool will do next? what does she/he eat for lunch? does this person like to rollerblade? and just roll with it

as far as fear of immortality

this is the same as fear of mortality

so i just say " hey.. either way i win.. either way i win"

Date: April 02, 2011 08:49AM

good point la veronique ... i could also annoy the feller until it lets me out and puts me in my own body again... or i could guide it to be less of an evil doer...

as God is one with all, and It lives and breathes within our every thought and action, i wonder if God sometimes feels trapped inside the minds of evil beings, and maybe God uses it as an opportunity to spread Love and Wisdom and Divine Guidance within all It encounters

la v, so i guess you are just an absolute winner, period!

c
o
o
l

d
e
a
l

you could write a book with charlie sheen smiling smiley

call it WINNING! by La Veronique and Charlie Sheen... I'd buy it

here's charlie winning: [www.youtube.com]

Date: April 02, 2011 09:05AM

jono says

<<as God is one with all, and It lives and breathes within our every thought and action, i wonder if God sometimes feels trapped inside the minds of evil beings, and maybe God uses it as an opportunity to spread Love and Wisdom and Divine Guidance within all It encounters>>

i have fun annoying God
i'm sure God is highly entertained by me

as far as spreading love and wisdom and all that jazz
i'll leave it all to the Mind inside this entity called self

Date: April 02, 2011 10:08AM

as far as that Charlie Sheen thing

WHAT was he trying to say there in response to WHAT?

I got a little bit lost there

maybe i just needed to pay more attention instead of doing jumping jacks, cartwheels and munching on some broccoli and jumping on a trampoline while trying to pay attention to Mr. Sheen

hey i can have a long attention span if i WANT to grinning smiley

me likes to win grinning smiley

Date: April 02, 2011 10:20AM

oh my gosh

yur on a posting marathon

or is it a rampage?

either way

thanks for keeping things interesting

i dunno what charlie was being asked

i've just seen bits and pieces of the sheen shenanigans

yeah i think God gets a kick out of me sometimes too

and sometimes God kicks back

and then im like dang

God can kick hard

H-A-R-D

hard

and maybe now that ive been kicked pretty hard

maybe im more hardy

Date: April 02, 2011 11:09AM

rampage?

yep, this is true

that's what happens when i get on the Hello Kitty rage

this is what i call a concoction of endives, arugula, celery, raddichio and luscious blackberries combined

when u put it all in a bowl, blended
it looks like a strange feline snarling at you

and when u stare at it again, it looks like a benign cat hiding something from you ... just like hello kitty ( as a matter of fact)

folks.. don't try this at home or else YOU will become hardier than you ever bargained for

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables