Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Again with the bill to regulate "health foods".
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 09, 2011 12:53PM

Our newly elected conservative government is about to heavily regulate vitamins, herbs etc here in Canada. I know this gets talked about all the time and dismissed as alarmist extremism but it's close to happening here. Again. If you live in Canada, please write some letters and pass this along. And if you live in the states (and elsewhere) keep your eyes and ears open, this is about to happen all over the place.
Organic foods; illegal. Supplements; illegal. Growing your own food etc; illegal. They're trying to kill us off, or at least keep us all very sick with no alternative but big pharma drugs. Sigh.

[www.agoracosmopolitan.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Again with the bill to regulate "health foods".
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 09, 2011 08:47PM

coco,

I don't think this info is current--the bill seems to have languished since April of 2008. I just finsihed reading the House version online and there's nothing in it that seems distinctly different regulatory action-wise(your doctor can prolly still give you vitamins). There is some concern about Bill C-36, "This year's C-51," some groups are calling it:

[billc6.com]

Date: May 09, 2011 09:07PM

I think I may be confused about what I think I'm posting, sorry. Running on not enough sleep today. Sort of stoopid in the brainal area...
Anyhow, it's hitting the fan here. Darth Sweater Vest has a majority, he can pretty much ram whatever he wants up our collectives ____...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2011 09:10PM by coco.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 10, 2011 12:54AM

I cannot stop laughing over your nickname for him, I am laughing so hard I can barely type!

Calmer now: I have faith that a majority of Canada's citizens are aware enough to not allow these abuses to occur, or at least to not forget who is responsible and to make them pay, if things do go wrong.

Date: May 10, 2011 02:15AM

I read some good ones today.
Republiscum, Conservatards and teabaggers, Repigs, Repukes, GDumbya.
Man, I was laughing when I came across that bunch.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: May 10, 2011 11:59AM

Breathing:illegal.

I laugh at all of this.
I mean who is going to enforce a law banning a small backyard garden????//
Huh?
Who?
I can see it now.
Being taken away in cuffs because I grew a tomato.
Bwahahahahahah

Vinny

Date: May 10, 2011 02:24PM

Of course we can all still grow our own but we had better already have a stash of viable heirloom seeds because those are slowly disappearing/being taken off the market. And cross pollination from non-organic/GMO sources is rampant.
As for concentrated supplements like the seaweed extract I have been taking to detox heavy metals, the adaptogenic herbs to help realign my system, the whole food multivitamins, D3, B12, Iron etc that we take, those are all on the chopping block.
To be replaced with chemical versions made by guess who? Monsatan strikes again.

So, the solution? Don't ever get unhealthy in any way at all.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 10, 2011 04:32PM

things like this are happening in the EU right now .. mesquite was recently banned in the UK .. to grow and sell .. because UK Trading Standards Institute and UK Food Standards Agency have declared that mesquite is a novel food. (This is according to the Novel Foods Act 1997, whereby any food not proven to be traded or consumed in Europe before May 1997 is not allowed to be sold in the UK or Europe).

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: May 10, 2011 05:30PM

Jo, you'll need a green house for it but I hope that you'll plant some moringa. It's sure to be on the chopping block for a food stuff soon but it's something we should all have access to. Check it out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables