Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Homecoming Dance Dress?
Posted by: qazw ()
Date: August 31, 2011 06:25AM

My dd is going to her first big dance, the upcoming Homecoming Dance!

We want to get her the nicest dress we can afford, but I simply can't believe the styles! We just started shopping, online and a few stores. they look ridiculous to me--mostly that baby-doll style! It looks like a way to keep the price down, just cut out half the material!

I suppose if that's the style, but surely they wear something else? My homecoming dress (way back last century) was a floor length ice blue dress, with matching long sleeve gloves. Now I realize that was a centrury ago (iol) and styles have changed, but its all so absurd the dresses they have now!

So what is the style for homecoming this century At least something that covers her butt.I am kind of set on this purple one
[www.giftmadesimple.com]

but not sure is it a fashion style,I wanna your ideas.I am trying to be a good mom, so please give your opinnons, thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Homecoming Dance Dress?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 31, 2011 01:39PM

Aren't homecoming dresses supposed to be floor or at least tea length? The bodice cut of that one is nice--pretty but demure--but it's a tad short for an event that isn't a cocktail party. And teens ought not to go to those! Caveat: I am not a parent, but also not a prude. However, I have seen the stuff in a few dress salons for homecoming lately and it's all been pretty slut-tastick. Who comes up with fashion for under 18s these days? Pervs? IMO, that same dress, with a hem about 5 inches longer, to the knee or a skosh above it, would be appropriate and still stylish. Nice heels and modern jewelry, with feminine hairdo to contrast, and she should look great smiling smiley

Re: Homecoming Dance Dress?
Posted by: qazw ()
Date: September 01, 2011 09:57AM

thanks so much for your opinions,i will buy her some modern jewelry

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables