Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vanishing Himalayan Glaciers
Posted by: brome ()
Date: October 11, 2011 04:21PM

Here're some excellent links. Great photography.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

[www.guardian.co.uk]

[e360.yale.edu]

[sites.asiasociety.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vanishing Himalayan Glaciers
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: October 11, 2011 07:25PM

Beautiful pics.

It would be interesting to see photos of the Himalayan Glaciers that aren't melting --

Oh, there are some photos in these articles -

Some Himalayan Glaciers are Advancing Rather Than Melting, Study Finds

"Researchers have discovered that contrary to popular belief half of the ice flows in the Karakoram range of the mountains are actually growing rather than shrinking."

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Here's a (partial) List of the
Specific Glaciers that are Growing

[www.iceagenow.com]

12 More Glaciers that Haven’t Heard the News about Global Warming

[www.ihatethemedia.com]

Himalayan Glacier Disappearance Overstated

[theresilientearth.com]

IPCC Officials Admit Mistake Over Melting Himalayan Glaciers

Senior members of the UN's climate science body admit a claim that Himalayan glaciers could melt away by 2035 was unfounded

[www.guardian.co.uk]

World Misled Over Himalayan Glacier Meltdown

[www.timesonline.co.uk]

Himalayan Glaciers Not Melting

[www.theresilientearth.com]

Himalayan Glaciers Stable Since 1992 Despite Large Human CO2 Emissions, Scientists Determine

[www.climatedepot.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 11, 2011 08:46PM

brome,

Thanks for this: it is important to keep in mind that even though certain, mostly illegitimate and outdated, sources suggest that not all glaciers appear to be diminishing, the ones that are diminishing still pose evidence of serious environmental problems about which something must be done.

Wondering sincerely why people who don't apparently understand how glaciers form, insist on writing blog entries about the subject; who are they really working in aid of? . . .

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: October 12, 2011 12:42AM

Some believe the world is flat, some in the hollow earth theory. Some that evolution didn't happen and can't happen...etc...

Date: October 12, 2011 03:14PM

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 12, 2011 03:17PM

Right on.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: October 12, 2011 03:47PM

That's the old false accusation - "If you don't believe in MAN MADE 'Global Warming', You Don't Care About the Planet".

I don't know if we're in Natural Cycle Global Warming or Natural Cycle Global Cooling, but I don't buy that either one is "MAN MADE" and that's what the Global Warming Alarmists are all about -- 'Global Warming is MAN MADE.' (And we will make the Government pass all kinds of legislation (rules and regulations) that will benefit who? because of it)

I don't buy it.

Date: October 12, 2011 03:48PM

There was quite the broohaha over that recent Doonesbury on certain blogs, lordy was there! I dwell in reality, near common sense and courage(neighboring provinces), so it didn't faze me smiling smiley

Date: October 12, 2011 04:07PM

KidRaw,

And I mean this sincerely, and I don't intend for you to feel pressured or anything, but if you wouldn't mind: please explain why anthropogenic climate change is a concept you can't get behind. For my part, I think it is logically insupportible to assume that the presence of 6.5 billion large, waste producing mammals, to say nothing of their agricultural and mechanical products, would have a net neutral impact on the planet. It just doesn't make sense. From a math perspective, if for no other reason.

But I know that there are people that have, for example, a religious or economic reason for declining to validate the evidence. This is not a legitimate counter argument, of course, because a matter of science must be evaluated with science, rather than faith, feelings or financial self interest. Still, I understand that those that deny the data for unscientific reasons are entitled to think whatever they wish. If you would rather not admit that you have a religious or material reason to accept the data, that's OK, I'm not insisting. If you had a religious or financial reason to take the other tack, well, that would explain why these threads get so antic smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 12, 2011 05:55PM

Date: October 12, 2011 06:14PM

First, with higher temperatures more water evaporates from the ocean, leading to more snowfall. Second, the more rugged areas of the Himalaya have glaciers that are covered with debris from surrounding mountains. The debris insulates the glacier from the warming climate. These 2 effects together cause many glaciers in more rugged regions to remain stable or even to advance in spite of higher temperatures.

Here's a good article:

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Date: October 13, 2011 08:38PM

Perry Officials Censored Climate Change Report

Rick Perry takes Texas pride in being a climate change denier—and his administration acts accordingly.

Top environmental officials under Perry have gutted a recent report on sea level rise in Galveston Bay, removing all mentions of climate change. For the past decade, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), which is run by Perry political appointees, including famed global warming denier Bryan Shaw, has contracted with the Houston Advanced Research Center to produce regular reports on the state of the Bay. But when HARC submitted its most recent State of the Bay publication to the commission earlier this year, officials decided they couldn't accept a report that said climate change is caused by human activity and is causing the sea level to rise. Top officials at the commission proceeded to edit the paper to censor its references to human-induced climate change or future projections on how much the bay will rise.

read it all on Mother Jones:

[motherjones.com]

Date: October 13, 2011 11:19PM

brome,

"Liar, liar, state's on fire!"?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables