Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

$20 bill
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: October 09, 2011 02:25AM

My partner and I stopped to go eat at a vietnamese resturant today, and as I was getting out of the car, there was a folded twenty on the curb exactly below my hand as I opened the door. That was amazing. I just said "oh wow!" and quickly picked it up. My partner saw that out of the corner of his eye, and as usual was very suspect about what I pick up from the street. I usually will pick up loose change, even pennies that I see on the street. He doesn't like that, because of the germs. I guess he was wondering if a $20 was worth it. I would say so! It looked clean to me also.

He said something like 'lucky duck", and was amazed. I told him I can now buy him something at the resturant. He seemed upset for some reason, then I said "I can't buy you something?"

Well, any ways I remember posting something about doing a ritual to manifest a $100. That was some time ago, And I actually forgot what I titled the post. But I think I found about $31 from my request to the universe for $100 of money. This was completely free without any real work, other than just picking it up from the ground. I think its pretty amazing that my luck did seem to increase. I think its been about 6 mos since the ritual. I think I have luck from time to time, but I have never figured out any statistic on how exactly this sort of thing has increased, and if its really significant.

Well, I did share with my partner, and we had a wonderful vegetarian meal at the resturant. It was a tofu and seaweed salad, tofu and green papaya salad, and some vegetarian spring rolls. I just thought I would share. I also hope that anyone else had similiar results if they tried the ritual. And even if you haven't done the ritual I hope something pleasant and fun happens to you in the near future. Look for it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: $20 bill
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 09, 2011 04:33AM

Woo hoo! What is the ritual? I'll give it a try!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 09, 2011 05:21PM

Mislu,

I remember that post and thought of it instantly when I started reading this one--you are a lucky duck, kiddo! Hope it keeps manifesting for you smiling smiley

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: October 09, 2011 09:34PM

Mislu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, any ways I remember posting something about
> doing a ritual to manifest a $100.
Don't set your sights too low. It's your Faith at work here. You can have more if you Ask and Believe.

Date: October 10, 2011 12:09AM

Coco,
I don't remember exactly, but it involved inviting gods and goddesses from each direction, and asking for assistance. Or angels depending on your point of view, and then visualizing the money manifesting. I read it in a book about magick in general, and the book says the money would somehow manifest via some channel over which you have some control. Say you are employed at a company, and you are given a bonus of $100 which is not expected. Or if you deliver newspapers you might receive a lot of tips for the month that add up to $100.

I think the book recommended that this happen over a month or so, so on that account it didn't qutie happen. I have very few opportunities for money manifestation, so about the only way it could happen is truely free, like finding the bill on the street like I did. I still think its amazing as I usually only find small change like dimes, pennies and quarters etc.... not dollar coins or five or ten or twenties. So its still an increase.

I wish I can remember the name of my original post, I think it gave more details of the ritual and visualization. I remember something else. I forgot that I actually got a very small lottery winning. $5. That was the first time ever! its not much, but its an improvement over just getting another loosing ticket.

A skeptic might see just random events, and I suppose thats possible. If I found a wad of $100 bills that possibly could be statistically possible. However that would be a very unlikely event. That hasn't happened but its possible.

Date: October 10, 2011 12:26AM

Wheatgrass yogi,
I believe the book said one can visualize any amount. The ritual just suggested $100 because that is a nice chunk that is significant for most people, and yet isn't too large to cause a problem in the faith department. One could visualize a million or even a billion or more, But for most people thats too difficult to grasp, but sure you can do the ritual for any amount.

I can just imagine that the ritual could be done as a group effort, and it could actually be more effective. Say I visualize everyone posting here manifest $1,000 extra this month, and everyone else visualizing that for everyone else also. I wouldn't be upset if the actual amount was less, or that not everyone recieved the same amount. But if they all received an extra $200 over the next month that would be something.

The book says that its just a starting exercise, and not really an ending point. It mentioned a lot of practices, and makes the point that perhaps there are better things than money to obtain. But because money is important to most people that is a great place to start.

The mentioned doing special age reversing meditations, being able to transport instantly to any location, bi-locating, tri-location or perhaps more. Levitation, shrinking or enlarging, or being able to see things as small as an atom.

Table turning is supposed to be a great door to increase ones faith in the paranormal. I haven't tried that, but it was supposed to have been popular in the late 1800's in england. You sit in the dark (increases the spook factor) with a group of people, each with a hand on the table. It could be a group of skeptics and disbelievers. But you visualize the table moving. Over the course of hours (it could take that long) people will eventually come to believe that its possible for the table to float or dance by itself. What happens is that people hear odd sounds like the house settling for example, and fake or false alarm events usually get people to think that something paranormal is happening or could. The idea is that mind power can get the physical world to respond to what you think is possible.

Date: October 23, 2011 11:46PM

I found $7 today, all in singles, all scattered in one general area. I was so surprised. Actually my partner pointed out a $1, and when I picked it up that is when I noticed $6 more. There was someone we knew close by, my partner thought that he dropped them, but actually he said it wasn't his.Can you imagine that someone as honest and trusting to ask, and another as honest and trusting to actually say its not his? I think so highly of both of them.

Date: October 24, 2011 12:10AM

Mislu, I am laughing as I type this, because your visualization of monetary luck is actually working out better for you than anything out of The Secret would predict!

Date: October 24, 2011 01:07PM

I dropped (on purpose) a Quarter on a sidewalk a couple of days ago. I try to feel what the person who found it felt. I'm thinking about a Dollar bill next. Perhaps a $20 bill someday......WY

Date: October 24, 2011 01:55PM

When the kids and I find a coin on the ground or floor somewhere we have a little ritual we do... Step on the coin with your right foot and say "Money on the floor, money at the door" then retrieve the coin with your right hand (this is your receiving hand) and put it into your pocket or wallet. If you choose to immediately pass the energy of incoming money on to someone else, pass the coin to them from your left hand into their right hand. winking smiley

Date: October 24, 2011 03:28PM

Neato, coco!

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: October 24, 2011 04:42PM

Finding money is great!

It can also be deceiving, especially if someone like me is around:

I dropped $20 on the floor at a job I had about 20 years ago. I was taking a psychology course at the time, and wanted to see what would happen. I tried the test a couple of times and was sourly disappointed...

It was a small business, the only people allowed in the area were the people who worked there. So, there would be only one logical conclusion when you find money. The money belongs to someone you work with.

On both occasions I saw the money being pocketed, without a word to anyone of the other workers about it. Here's the kicker: The second time, it was my boss, who owned the business...

I started looking for another job the next day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2011 04:45PM by swimmer.

Date: October 24, 2011 04:48PM

coco,

That's a really cool idea about passing it on coco.
The ritual is kinda funny though...

Date: October 24, 2011 05:04PM

What do I find funny about it? Just wondering...

It's actually a wiccan ritual, it focuses the intention of being open to receive money into your life in much the same way as Mislu's experience. I sort of like that earthy intention based practice.

Date: October 24, 2011 07:50PM

Sorry, I said that wrong. I didn't mean to offend any belief system.

The visual thought of someone (especially a child) performing the ritual alone was funny (cute funny) to me.

Date: October 24, 2011 08:33PM

I'm not offended, just curious. It's just different than "normal" whatever that means. Like saying gesundheit when somebody sneezes or tossing salt over a shoulder when it's spilled. That must be weird to another culture! grinning smiley

Date: October 24, 2011 08:53PM

swimmer Wrote:
> I started looking for another job the next day.
Oh, you mean those two guys were so different from everyone else that you could no longer work with them?? I say they exhibited 'normal behavior', and anyone trying to find the owner of a $20 bill is abnormal. The amount must be considered here...$20 is nothing (to most of us), whereas if it was a $100 bill on the floor, maybe both should have tried to find the owner......WY

Date: October 24, 2011 09:36PM

Swimmer,

It pays to be a cynic; I would have walked up to each person, and in my gentlest psych grad student tones asked,"Now, could you tell me why you did what you did with that money?"

Date: October 24, 2011 09:56PM

Tamukha Wrote:
> ....."Now, could you tell me why you did
> what you did with that money?"
Tamara....That's saying you are better. I wouldn't have said anything. As far as I know, Swimmer didn't say anything, he just started looking for another job......WY

Date: October 24, 2011 10:31PM

WheatgrassYogi,

One thing that I should point out. If you "find" something, it should be logical that someone "lost" something.

I do not believe in a dog-eat-dog, your loss is my gain kind of a world.

It wasn't the case for me, but the non-management guys working there had to work for about 1/2 day to take home $20. So the amount was meaningful.

It's about integrity. I could not work for someone who would knowingly take something that must belong to his employees. I set my experiment up very well, and there could be no mistake that the money did not belong to him.

I chose to say nothing, because you cant change people, and embarrassing them helps no one. Before I left, In a completely casual conversation, I told the owner about a great local charity, suggesting he might want to give $20 bucks or so.

Date: October 24, 2011 11:54PM

If I found some money in my work area I probably would assume I dropped it myself. If I found it where someone else generally works, I would assume it was theirs or someone elses.

I when I found the $20, and the $7 the other day I actually wondered if I had dropped it, or my partner dropped it. He looses money now and again, he seems careless about money sometimes, how he puts it away, sometimes it doesn't seem secure.

There was one instance I can remember at work where I was really honest, and I could have gotten away with it, probably. I sold vaccums and a customer made a large purchase and gave me an extra $100 bill. I counted it two or three times to make sure that it really was extra, and gave the extra bill back to him. Maybe it was a test by management, or corporate I don't know. Or secret shoppers, or just a customer that made a mistake. I am actually glad that I gave it back to him, I wouldn't want to have the extra money that I wasn't entitled to. I really believe that there is some type of karma associated with stealing or somehow acquiring things without it being earned, or gifted. Lost money, well, its not really stealing. I told my partner that I would have been nice to have found a stack of $100 bills,but for something like that I would report it, because I would just think it was somehow intercepted accidentally for some crime or the like.

But I remember some weird story about a money stuffed mattress being tossed out. The person moved and there was some miscommunication about what to do with the old mattress. For awhile there were fortune hunters looking for mattresses and opening them hoping to find lots of cash. Something like $100,000. So, would it be stealing to find that?

Date: October 25, 2011 12:28AM

Mislu Wrote:
> If I found some money in my work area I probably
> would assume I dropped it myself.
I can't remember the last time I dropped any money......WY
P.S. Nice story about the $100 bill.

Date: October 25, 2011 01:27AM

I feel the same way Mislu, the momentary pleasure of whatever could be had for that $100 is FAR outweighed by the memory of knowingly doing something unethical. That stays with you forever...

Date: October 25, 2011 01:42AM

Coco,
Yep, so much truth to that. I am still haunted by some bad things I did as a child and as a teenager. Could be worse, but I do have a conscience and memory which lasts. I remember the first time I heard about sociopaths and psychopaths I was like 'no way'. I couldn't believe that some people have no problem with doing unethical things, provided there is personal gain or entertainment.

It wasn't until I roomed with a sociopath that I came to believe it. Its taken me just over 20 years to come to terms with the experience of living with one for just a few months. I would even say that my life took a turn for the worse after that, and I don't know if I ever fully recovered.

I know that former roomate would have had no problem pocketing the money, and chances are he would have completely forgotten having done it within just a few days. But as I understand it, there is still an accounting for actions, even if not consciously recognized.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables