Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A list of popular misconceptions from health to evolution and more!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 25, 2011 08:25PM

Pretty interesting list!

[en.wikipedia.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A list of popular misconceptions from health to evolution and more!
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: October 25, 2011 11:15PM

Thank you coco!
I love those types of lists, especially if its well researched and addresses commonly held ideas that just aren't true. I found the one about 'Fan death' in Korea pretty funny. I have been to korea and never noticed anyone having over concern about getting hypothermia from a ceiling fan. I suppose it could happen if its pretty cold to begin with, but not likely in the hot summer air which is the norm. I am sure that there is some cultural things that lead up to that belief. I did notice some other particular things I found odd.

Koreans drive through tunnels with the main lights off, and use the hazard lights instead. I guess thats because the actual road space in tunnels tends to be much more narrow. I think its actually nicer in a lot of ways, no blinding lights coming toward you. They also go about 10-15 miles per hour.

They also will not turn on car lights until its completely dark, and will signal that you have your lights on if there is a little bit of sunlight left.

Some waiters in many resturants will run after you if you left money on the table near your bill. (if you left a tip) I was there in the 1980's so maybe things are different now, but I think tips for waiters was not a common custom at the time.

I could spend hours reading through the list. I happened to also notice the section under religion. I have mentioned the immaculate conception thing to some catholics. I am surprised at how one person just got into a really heated arguement, thinking that its the same as the virgin birth. Its a very common misunderstanding.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables