Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Flawed. A (gorgeous) short film.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 12, 2011 10:32PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flawed. A (gorgeous) short film.
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 13, 2011 12:54AM

Nice story

Date: November 13, 2011 01:02AM

There are so many videos there, the kids are I had fun tonight playing with some of the interactive ones. Such creativity, truly inspiring.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 13, 2011 03:31PM

That was beautiful, coco, thanks so much for posting smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 03:31PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: November 14, 2011 05:00PM

"Flawed" is a winner. It presents us with a simple, but vital, Lesson.
Coco has done it again......WY

Date: November 14, 2011 05:11PM

I didn't do much, thank the National Film Board of Canada!

You know, after watching this I cried a little and thanked my small man for being in my life. There are things I grew up disliking about my face but seeing them reflected in the lovely adored face of my first born especially reset my brain to appreciate those characteristics. How can I not find him beautiful? And he looks just like me.

Date: November 14, 2011 06:48PM

coco,

I am a big nosed girl, myself, and I could relate to the film maker. I was lucky, though, that I never knew anyone growing up who was allowed to have a nose job and that from an early age I have been complimented on it--"what a lovely profile you have, what a classic Roman nose"--by people I respected and who were sincere in their compliments. That helped me to not develop a hang-up about it. A man I knew once mentioned my nose, in a not entirely complimentary way, but I knew he found me attractive anyhow so it made me smile secretively to myself instead of hurting my fee fees.

Your own self perception is more beneficial or harmful to you than anything someone else can say to you, good or bad. I'm glad you figured this out with the help of your boychild smiling smiley

Date: November 14, 2011 07:31PM

Tam, I had a boyfriend at one time who made a point of complimenting my not tiny nose. He studied that facial stuff, how inadequate nutrition has changed the shape of the human head over time, and appreciated the way my face is structured. It took me a couple of days to get over him saying "big nose" though, that's not typically part of a compliment!

Date: November 14, 2011 10:49PM

Coco,
Great point, I saw a some photos of what someone thought was a most optimially developed human. I was quite envious because of the extremely large mouth and teeth, very bright white teeth also. I showed it to my partner and he wasn't impressed he thought it looked like an animal. I guess its so relative what people are most used to seeing as being normal, and it is if everyone is like that. They were old photos before a lot of pesticides and an area of the world where people were living on wild foods on land that was NEVER agricultural.

None of that exists anymore. The people also had little if no judgement about eating alot or eating what they felt like, as far as I know.

Date: November 15, 2011 01:04AM

I sometimes feel flawed.

Date: November 15, 2011 04:44AM

Well, I try not to think of it as flawed anymore, you know? I try to just think of what I am as improving, having room to change and grow and become smarter, better, etc than I currently am. If we didn't all have that what would the point of living even be? If I were perfect I could just stop right here and not have any reason to go on. I sort of like still having work to do, gives one a reason to get up in the morning and go on with the day.

Date: November 15, 2011 06:13PM

coco,

That was lovely.

Date: November 15, 2011 09:19PM

To some degree I can agree with that. It used to be my mantra, but now I just want to accept how I am, and make the best of what life I have. It might be a month, a year, or gads...another 50-70 years I want to make the best of it. Its difficult right at the moment.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables