Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does anyone want to have a random news thread?
Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: December 26, 2011 02:57PM

I don't get it. How can there be an amazon warehouse if people mail out their stuff that they're selling themselves? -Yahoo news homepage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does anyone want to have a random news thread?
Date: December 26, 2011 09:37PM

What the hell is going on? I tried to mail my Amazon packages today. (media mail) and both post offices were closed. Is it still Christmas?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 27, 2011 02:02AM

rawalice,

Boxing Day is a postal holiday, too smiling smiley

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: December 27, 2011 06:13PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> rawalice,
>
> Boxing Day is a postal holiday, too smiling smiley

Um, Tam...I am assuming Raw Alice is American. Yesterday was a federal holiday because Christmas fell on a Sunday...We don't celebrate Boxing Day! LOL--I am sure you know this but I didn't understand why you brought it up.

Date: December 27, 2011 07:48PM

banana who,

Yeah, I should have said "the Monday after Christmas this year." A lot of us southeast Michiganders call it Boxing Day on account of our proximity to Canada. And also because Americans have no word for the day after Christmas. Because we're all too busy returning stuff people kindly bought us at the mall to visit with other people we didn't see on Christmas. [sigh]

Date: December 27, 2011 10:41PM

oh, thanks. I was wondering. i got to go to kohl's.

Date: December 28, 2011 07:17PM

we returned a gift and i mostly charged two 100% long sleeve cotton shirts for my kids 60% off + I had a kohl's cash rewards ticket Chaps. dang. and my boyfriend got a t-shirt. not that hungry.

Date: December 28, 2011 07:49PM

Tam, I didn't know some Americans called it Boxing Day! All I know is I forgot to go to the bank and my debit card has a demagnitized strip so I couldn't take out any moola OR buy at the store! So at Whole Foods I put down my groceries and told the checkout girl that I'd be right back from the BANK ( eye rolling smiley). She called me back and asked for the organic carrots I had already put in my purse...all .43 worth eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2011 07:50PM by banana who.

Date: December 28, 2011 08:34PM

banana who,

Yeah, that sucks when that happens. I am becoming very lo-fi and keeping enough cash in the house at all times to buy gorceries with cash whenever possible.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 28, 2011 08:46PM

Do you have a book safe? Easy way to keep money in the house winking smiley. I often forget what's in there, I only check when I need to buy something quickly, don't have any cash and don't want to go to the bank for a small amount of money. Once when moving house I found $300 I'd stashed and forgot! That rocked.

[artofmanliness.com]

Date: December 28, 2011 08:52PM

LOL! Yeah, that's what finally happened! I had to go all the way home and ask my boyfriend to gimme some dough from whatever book he'd put it in!

The thing was that I told the girl at Whole Foods I just had to go to the bank, not thinking that it was gonna be closed. I can't stand when holidays fall on the weekend. It screws things up for half the month, it seems.

Date: December 30, 2011 06:35AM

Dead and posered. Truth or lie? How many?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables