Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Happy Holiday...meal
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: December 24, 2011 10:21PM

I just came back from a wonderful holiday meal at a vegan resturant. Cooked, but 100% vegan. For a few moments I actually wondered if they hid some items that weren't vegan, but I trust the resturant enough to not do that. Its amazing however, they captured even some negative aspects of some traditional holiday foods that are not vegan.

I feel so blessed. I was just commenting to my partner about how I don't feel the usual distress after eating a traditional holiday meal with animal products. I saw my partners family getting ready to start theirs,and felt happy in a way that I wasn't participating. I commented to my partner about how I usually feel rather awful after eating her holiday food. He was mostly silent, but looked like he agreed. It did however get me a bit upset how they asked me to tear down some boxes and throw out these packing papers after separating them. Sometimes one just has to say whatever. Well, anyways. I am so glad you are here to support, and share. I hope your holidays are going well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Happy Holiday...meal
Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: December 25, 2011 12:29PM

Ugh. I am so not hungry. I so don't want to go over to the inlaws to hafta eat. Hopefully I'll be hungry later. I just want coffee. What can substitute coffee?? Magic beans magic beans I wants me some magic beans. (And some extra calcium, but not so much that it's bad for your heart if that's true.) - I think it might be.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: December 25, 2011 02:30PM

Rawalice,
I think there is a roasted grain substitute for coffee. I think the celestial tea company makes a morning thunder tea which tastes something like coffee. I think it uses roasted chicory.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 25, 2011 02:47PM

Sounds like a nice meal Mislu, glad you had a good time smiling smiley.

Morning Thunder tea is caffeinated but that company make a nice herbal tea called Roastaroma. There are tons of coffee substitutes out there that do a pretty good job of imitating the flavour.

To wake yourself up mint tea is a nice mild stimulant, mint green tea has a bit of caffeine, and I've heard that green apples juiced are surprisingly more of a wake up than anything else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2011 02:48PM by coco.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 25, 2011 07:13PM

Tulsi tea is a nice tasty non-stimulative adaptogenic alternative to coffee.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Date: December 26, 2011 09:59AM

I wouldn't mind trying some. I just drank two days 3x a day of scullcap tea and my bronchitis went away. Pretty potent stuff. No felt side effects unless i maybe got tabbed by some crazy ebayer.

Date: December 28, 2011 04:22PM

There's no golden arches in my heaven, but I sure do remember those great outdoor playgrounds, and Mr. McDonald and his singing trees.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables