Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Computer/techy people, a question...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 15, 2012 04:48PM

Hey there peeps, I would like to open a new email account but I'd prefer one that does't track everything I do, sell my information, or automatically connect me with other services (google and youtube, yahoo and flickr, etc). Got any suggestions? I'd like to stick with a free email service instead of Bell etc so that I don't lose the address if I am no longer with the internet service provider.
Thanks for any suggestions smiling smiley.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Computer/techy people, a question...
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 15, 2012 06:22PM

What about the one on here? There's also one called privacyharbor.com which has a free version.

Date: April 15, 2012 06:32PM

The other one on here?
I'll check out privacyharbor, never heard of them so thanks smiling smiley.

ETA they are closing their site, financial trouble. Sigh. All that selling of private info is so lucrative.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2012 06:33PM by coco.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 15, 2012 06:43PM

Coco, haven't you ever used raw foods mail? I signed up once, although they do ask a bunch of questions so it made me wonder about privacy.

Date: April 15, 2012 06:46PM

I prefer not to use something connected with a site that crashes and could be deleted at any time. I was thinking hotmail but don't know if they do the same interconnectedness that yahoo and gmail do. Something slightly less nosy would be my preferance :/.

Posted by: brome ()
Date: April 16, 2012 06:29AM

Try [www.care2.com] They're devoted to green living. I've used them for years. Even free e-cards.

Date: April 16, 2012 12:25PM

Thank you so much Brome. Is there an online browser that you recommend? I recently heard of duckduckgo as a search engine that doesn't keep a record of your use and am trying them out. Good so far.

Date: April 16, 2012 02:01PM

Not working at Care2, you have to supply them with an email address, lol.

Posted by: brome ()
Date: April 16, 2012 03:19PM

I'm using Firefox. You can block cookies ( but allow them on your chosen sites) to prevent tracking.

You need 2 email addresses, 1 for your good mail and 1 for junk. Sign up here for a junk email address and give that to Care2. Another good email is to sign up for Juno's free ISP. You get 10 hrs of free access a month (good for an emergency when your regular ISP is down) and an email address (good or junk). I've had a Juno free account for 10+ years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables