Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

This is why hemp is illegal.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 15, 2012 06:53PM

DuPont was integral to criminalizing industrial hemp to clear the market for nylon. We live in the aftermath of that detrimental fiber policy. Today DuPont is spearheading the synthetic biology movement - whereby you get stretchy clothes via their biologically engineered yeast that ferments corn sugar into plastics (called bio-propanadeiol) that are then spun into yarn for garments. This fabric is being promoted as a climate change solution - watch out that you don't end up wearing synthetic bio yoga pants!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is why hemp is illegal.
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 15, 2012 11:31PM

Hey don't forget about them spider goats they came up with!!!'

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 16, 2012 01:05PM

[sigh] It is so strange to me how so much "innovation" in science is actually a series of steps backward toward The Swamp. I mean, plastics? Regress much, Dupont?

Date: April 16, 2012 01:35PM

We are in so much trouble on this planet. We really are. Thankfully you can still find 100% cotton garments at the thrift store. I've recently culled our closets of all but natural fibers and I simply refuse to buy anything new. we will make do with what we have until it is all completely worn out, being seasonally fashionable at this point is a choice that rubs me completely the wrong way.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 17, 2012 07:59AM

I read some awful thing the other week about GM cotton and its massive propensity for skin irritation. =\

Date: April 17, 2012 12:58PM

Not shocking at all. I figure though that the very old and much worn and washed stuff we buy from the thrift store is going to be inert by the time it gets to us. I take care not to inhale the dust when chopping those clothes up to reuse the fabric though tongue sticking out smiley.
I have read about sythetics being disruptive to hormones etc when worn. No more, I am reading labels very carefully these days.

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: April 17, 2012 01:57PM

Just have to write today. I am quite upset. Coco says she read labels. Most of us probably do. Here in Vermont we are trying to pass a GMO labeling bill for plant based products. Monsanto threatening to sue. And the head of the ag committee and the governor here are caving in!

Date: April 17, 2012 02:04PM

This is when you get on the horn and get your community to make some NOISE! It is ridiculous that we should be subjected to this lunacy, we are adults who want to be able to make informed choices for ourselves. NO ONE gets to get away with this lack of transparency when it comes to consumer goods. No Way No How. Grrrr...

Date: April 17, 2012 05:24PM

If Vermont cannot get this done, the rest of us are doomed. We support you in spirit here in the Land of the Hand, vermontnl! Be brave of heart!

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 17, 2012 06:38PM

I was reading on the Sunrise Tofu website that major retailers refuse to carry their products if they label it non-GMO.

The call for labeling is gaining momentum. Don't give up! And until then... read... labels... always.

Date: April 22, 2012 03:16PM

vermontnl,

Baby steps to success!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables