Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I'm fine, thanks. A film about complacency.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 15, 2012 02:45PM

Hey, this seems like a great project to back, watch the clip and see what you think. I'm going to make a pledge and I hope that you will consider doing so as well. You can donate as little as $1. At the very least, please share this link with your social networks to get the word out there. They've got 7 days left to raise the funds they'll need to make their project a reality. It looks like a great watch, I'm looking forward to getting a DVD of the finished film.

[www.kickstarter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2012 02:46PM by coco.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm fine, thanks. A film about complacency.
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 16, 2012 05:23AM

i would be interested
except that no documentary
is going to make the people IN the documentary
all of a sudden change their lives around
blippety boop

if so, its just a token gesture

true and significant change is inner motivated
not done to appease some external pop art provocateur telling the people
that they need to be more, do more, have more , run more, laugh more, smile more

you either do it or you don't

being in the field of someone's documentary lense
will not all of a sudden make a person think

"WOW! i lead such a boring, insignificant and complacent life. i better get my act together or else i'll end up becoming the wallpaper at the DMV. Whoahh. i better change TODAY! and also, i'll keep up my new and improved habits FOREVER! World, HERE I COME!!"

they're coming at it from a wrong angle

maybe having a documentary about the unique gifts that an individual possesses
may wake them out of their own complacency in believing that most people are complacent

complacency is a point of view

if you are alive

you gots some cajones

in my opinion

just my three cents

Date: June 16, 2012 05:02PM

Did you... watch the clip? The people in the interviews... well, never mind. If you watch the clip you'll get it and if you want to support the project you will. I made a donation and if the project is funded, I'll get a copy of the DVD to watch. I'm looking forward to that. Seems like the film makers are aiming to tell a tale of confusion and hope. Sounds like a nice watch.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 16, 2012 08:14PM

i didn't watch the clip
til u asked
then i watched the clip
it does sound like" confusion and hope"

hope is confusing
confusion can lead to hope

Date: June 16, 2012 11:24PM

I think so. I think when people get to a certain point of confusion, where they've been doing all the "right" things and not finding satisfaction, it can lead to taking a good, clear look at what is actually happening in life. When you've invested years into a system that doesn't give back to you, you either become complacent in that nothingness or you look for change, see things in a different light, rekindle hope. I know I have personally given up a lot of preconceived notions about life, how it's supposed to go and what it's supposed to be all about. What is shown in popular media is ridiculous when it comes to real happiness. All that fluff that takes so much energy to maintain and just amounts to a whole lotta nothing in the end.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables