Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

the hidden violence of language and thought (video)
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 05, 2012 12:23PM

Here you have a long video of how language affects how people see the world and how violence starts. There are hidden tricks in language and you could be a victim. One of the most evil ones is manipulation by using loaded judgemental words

3 hours video:

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the hidden violence of language and thought (video)
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 06, 2012 02:52AM

Panchito, seeing as how I am at a computer lab and don't have three hours to watch this, could you sum up what it says? Like, what are the "loaded, judgemental words?" I am intrigued by this--not because I think violence tends to be the result but definitely destructive tendencies.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 06, 2012 11:49AM

nanners,
I've skipped around in the video(also don't have three hours to sit and watch--my cable has been on the fritz because of the heat), and it features psychologist Marshall Rosenberg explaining the difference between authoritarian/selfish communication and egalitarian/selfless communication, what each results in, and how to use the latter to communicate more effectively. Rosenberg is the creator of the concept of Nonviolent Communication conflict resolution therapy, if you want to learn more. Caution: He he uses hand puppets in his talks smiling smiley

Thanks for posting, Panchito!

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 06, 2012 02:02PM

thanks Tamukha.

[www.google.com]

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 06, 2012 05:52PM

I checked out his book on NVC. I like the concept however it tends to get too contrived for my liking. You know what I mean? When I communicate, I want to be direct, yet also diplomatic but not psychobabble-esque. It's artificial to say "What I am hearing you say is that you think I'm a b--tch from the pit of hell."

I wish there was a book or method that was both natural and effective at expressing feelings and receiving them as well. Maybe I should write that bookwinking smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 07, 2012 02:49AM

I wish there was a book or method that was both natural and effective at expressing feelings and receiving them as well.

I am sure there is, but the title's just not coming to mind right now. I mean, how could there NOT be one? winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables