Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Biofeedback Devices
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: July 17, 2012 12:37PM

I've been wanting to buy a small, inexpensive biofeedback device for years. I'm looking it up, but it's complicated. Different ones measure body temperature, pulse, breathing -- I want one that measures brainwaves, so I could train my mind to always be at ease, instead of jumping around all over the place. I want one that you can just put on you and wear it all day and when you go out.

So maybe I want a 'neurofeedback' device -

[www.squidoo.com]

[en.wikipedia.org]

Sounds expensive - or like you have to go to some therapy-kind of person.....

I'm not asking anybody to do my research for me, but if anyone has any knowledge or experience about using biofeedback to relax, I'd appreciate it.

Just looked it up and there is a Neurofeedback Practitioner in my area.

This is what I'm looking for -- a do-it-yourself device.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2012 12:51PM by KidRaw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Biofeedback Devices
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 17, 2012 01:17PM

Don't know about biofeedback machines, KidRaw, but have you heard of guided imagery practice? Natural practitioners have repeatedly mentioned Belleruth Naparstek's CDs to me; they look like a really economical way to train your brain waves to be more regular. When my mom, a high anxiety person, was dealing with cancer, BN's CDs seemed to help.

Posted by: back2eden ()
Date: July 17, 2012 02:38PM

I am one of the most relaxed laid back persons in the world and don't use any devices to be that way. With that said I am an ENFP type maybe you are too. It takes a constant focus to stay single tracked at times.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: July 18, 2012 02:51AM

Try the emwave desktop.

Posted by: back2eden ()
Date: July 18, 2012 04:25PM

Try setting of a priortiy list and only think about and work on one thing at a time untill it is done right

And you might try these esential oils, lavender, spearmint, peppermint and frankinsense.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: July 19, 2012 04:25PM

Ive been interested in biofeedback devices for a while but never taken the plunge despite having an electro acupuncture device here that doubles up as a biofeedback device.

They are meant to be good for helping you shut off your sympathetic nervous system, but really this can be achieved simply by deep breathing exercises.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables