Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
It's getting hot in here...
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 29, 2012 12:15AM

100 degrees! Whew! I didn't use the air conditioner last night or even before leaving this afternoon. It was actually decent in my apt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It's getting hot in here...
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: June 29, 2012 11:50AM

Yup.
The heat is on!
Going to be mid 90's here in Pa this weekend.
I have to use the air.
I hate sitting and feeling the sweat dripping off me.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 29, 2012 09:09PM

The temps were in the upper 90s hereabouts earlier, but are dropping into the 80s as I type. I HATE the sound and sense of the AC going--it's like constant nails on a chalkboard to me--so I hope to be able to open the windows for a breeze later!

I have a suspicion that the Colorado wildfires are causing this heat surge through the Upper Midwest; it's just such a sudden and variable scorcher . . .

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 29, 2012 11:08PM

maybe put your foods outside
and dehydrate them in this weather
and make some veggie patties
or those fruit roll ups that i used to eat as a kid
rolled it around
and ate them
like they were the greatest thing in the world

Date: July 04, 2012 01:10AM

Love the white soothing sound of the AC.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 04, 2012 05:00AM

Wishing I had AC. Haven't had electricity at home for six days!!! Hot. Tired. No electricity for water pump, so bathed in the river! No phone. No TV. No lights. No nuthin'! Finally have electricity at work and connected to the outside world. Another thunder storm and it was off again. Then on again. Fingers crossed it'll be on soon at home. Very tired of camping out in my own house.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: July 04, 2012 11:14AM

Trive, you in the 'Ginnies, these days? Or are they having these problems in NZ as well?

I feel sorry for those people in the cities out there that still don't have power, but rural people may have it easier, what with more trees around shading stuff . . . . our nation's power grid is a shambles, and it's shameful.

Date: July 04, 2012 11:39PM

Still in Virginia and will be here at least a couple of years. MANY trees fell on wires. Electric company repair crews have really been overworked, but I am sooooooo grateful! Our power FINALLY came on today! HOORAY!!!!!! We'll go back to our farm in NZ, but business is keeping us here a while.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: July 05, 2012 11:14PM

Trive,

Anything like these storms and attendant power outages happen where you are in NZ? I assume infrastructure might be newer there.

At least Virginia is pretty, no? smiling smiley

Date: July 06, 2012 12:01AM

Stayed inside all day in the glorious AC.
97 here in Pa

Date: July 06, 2012 12:10AM

Tamukha,

Power outages can happen in New Zealand too. One time the power was out in Auckland for something like three weeks! That was an oddity, though.

There can be high winds in many places in NZ. We lived near the coast and now and then there would be amazingly windy storms off of the ocean. We only had power out briefly, though.

Where I am in Virginia there are LOTS of trees. Power lines and high winds and trees are not a good combo. We're all still relishing having the a/c, water and electricity back on. Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Yes, it is BEAUTIFUL in VA too. smiling smiley

My favorite raw vegan

Date: July 06, 2012 02:49AM

103 today, 102 yesterday. I went downtown to the Art Institute yesterday to see the Roy Lichtenstein exhibit and was blown away by the number of people who decided to go to a museum on the Fourth, not to mention a 100+ degree day! Usually it's cooler on the Lakefront but sometimes it's just the same.

It's gonna be at least 100 tomorrow and Sunday it'll feel positively nippy in the mid-80s smiling smiley

Date: July 06, 2012 11:26AM

Trive,

Every place has its pros and cons, and we must make the best of it.

Por ejemplo: The Weather Channel tells me that it is 80 degrees here, but feels like 84 because of the humidity. But I defiantly have my windows open--it's 7:22 a.m. and I cannot bear to have the air conditioning not conditioning but turning the place into a meat locker at this hour. I want to hear the songbirds chirping and the cicadas buzzing and the rabbits swooshing about in the clover, if only for a quarter hour. Whaaaaa!

banana who,

Yeah, it just goes to show how deeply deluded we all are that we look at a high-80 degree forecast and go, "Oh, thank goodness it'll be cool Sunday!" smiling smiley

Date: July 06, 2012 05:49PM

Last night I slept without the AC on. I really don't like it all that much. I prefer to sleep without even a fan but boy was I glad that we had a working, effective AC! Just knowing it's there makes all the difference.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 06, 2012 11:00PM

Oh good holy Maude, it's breath-stealingly hot right now. The humidity is making it unbearable. I don't know how we managed to grow up without AC and this past 2 summers are the first times I've had it in a place I lived, I can't imagine going through this heat without it. I am beyond happy this farm house has a unit, oh man, what a hot box it would be in here without it. Blah.

Date: July 07, 2012 12:28AM

I was born and raised in New Orleans WITHOUT AC!!! One day we cooked and egg on the street just to watch it cook.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: July 07, 2012 02:50AM

One day we cooked and egg on the street just to watch it cook.

Is this a Bill Cosby routine? grinning smiley

Date: July 07, 2012 09:05PM

OMG, it was like a steam bath...But I felt uncomfortable with the AC last night (too cold, LOL). I was listening to an interview with Victoria Boutenko and she was talking about how the body regulates itself and how people use artificial means to heat and cool their bodies. It shocks the system, in other words. I try to avoid AC as much as possible but I admit it--in the winter, I do like heat.

Date: July 07, 2012 09:58PM

At least outside there is a breeze to cool your skin though. Inside it's just still, hot air. It's intolerable. Fans are like aiming a hair drying on high at yourself once it reaches a certain temperature inside too, it's useless.
Today was unbelievable. Just out of this world hot. Last night at midnight it was as hot and muggy outside as it was mid-day too, no relief.
Please, heat wave, break before we all melt.

Posted by: back2eden ()
Date: July 08, 2012 04:27AM

This year while the rest of the country has been, baking, blowing, burning, flooding, fighting, shaking, freezing, sinking, radiating, oiling, drying, droughting, exploding, rioting, this area has been a perfectly peacfull, mild, bountiful paradise!

Date: July 08, 2012 12:37PM

Threw open all the windows last night after a brief aggressive downpour finally delivered a cold front that stays! Left the bedroom window open and slept like a righteous old vicar smiling smiley

I am sitting next to a wide open west-facing window, luxuriating in the cool dry breezes wafting in just over my head. Luxuriating, I tell you!

Incidentally, back2eden, whereabouts on this planet can you possibly be?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2012 12:38PM by Tamukha.

Date: July 08, 2012 12:48PM

Far north mountains of ID, where moose sleep in my back yard, both water and air are the cleanest I've experienced.

Date: July 08, 2012 12:52PM

back2eden,

Oh, Idaho. Few people and lots of Nature may have something to do with it. smiling smiley

Date: July 08, 2012 03:37PM

Idaho!
I was born there,in Mountain Home.

Temps topped 100 yesterday here in Pa!

Vinny

Date: July 08, 2012 04:02PM

do a search on "Sandpoint,ID the top 10 best USA cities to live,
or Sandpoint Id, the best USA small city to live".

Date: July 08, 2012 06:58PM

Gorgeous weather today! Nice and breezy, I am so happy to have the air off and the windows open!

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: July 09, 2012 06:38PM

We were out of power for five days here in VA and just got our phone and internet back yesterday. I sure did miss going online with only a transistor radio to connect to the cyber world. I did a lot of organizing closets and drawers that hadn't been done in years.

It was so hot and sticky, I went outside in the storm to wash off the sweat even though I knew it was risky, but we didn't want to waste the money on a hotel room. A couple of our neighbors with generators offered to let us take a shower at their house, but it felt like that would be too weird.

I was able to stay 100% raw, but lost a couple pounds that I can't afford. A couple days I went to our neighbors with my blender to make a smoothie, but didn't want to keep bothering them. Most everybody else just ate all their meals out. It was really irritating with the countertop loaded with dirty dishes and no way to wash them, but for some lucky reason, there were no ants all over the place.

I would have gone to the bathroom in the woods, but my husband said it wasn't hygienic so we flushed the toilet with pails of water from the neighbors. It's great how people get together and help each other in such times.

Date: July 09, 2012 08:34PM

I would have gone to the bathroom in the woods, but my husband said it wasn't hygienic so we flushed the toilet with pails of water from the neighbors. It's great how people get together and help each other in such times.

Then you need to create restrooms for all the wild life in your area.

Date: July 09, 2012 09:01PM

Today a freind and long term resident of the area showed me some of the nearby backroads destinations. This was a realy cool rustic log lodge with log cabins that people could stay at. Very remote,quite,views - Western Pleasure Ranch.

Then we went as for north as we could on a dirt road going to Canada. We got into Grizzly bear country and the only place in the USA where Carribu are.

Awesome hiking trails and river water perfectly clean. Snow was still along the road in few places and even on top of the highest peaks.

The is truly a dream land or WOW area.

Date: July 10, 2012 12:49AM

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh.....
It RAINED today. Whew! Finally a break in the heat. smiling smiley

My favorite raw vegan

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables