Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fungus solves mazes? has memory and solves engineering problems!
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 07, 2012 12:33AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fungus solves mazes? has memory and solves engineering problems!
Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: August 07, 2012 03:50AM

Fascinating, especially how the information was kept in the new cutting. Splitting into 2 to try the short cut is mind boggling.

Cool article, Thanks for posting!

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: August 07, 2012 08:52AM

Many times when I think about how Fungus can secrete chemicals to make us crave sugar and alcohol, I wonder who is really in charge. I also find it interesting that Fungus was the first life on land and have been around 217 times longer than we have. Even more intriguing is the prospect that “Mushrooms are alien life forms. The spores are the only life form that can survive in the vacuum of outer space.”

Here is an interesting talk at a Ted Conference with some of my notes.

[www.youtube.com]
Added: May 08, 2008
[www.ted.com] Mycologist Paul Stamets studies the mycelium -- and lists 6 ways that this astonishing fungus can help save the world. [18:17 Minutes Long]

JR’s paraphrase…
Mushrooms breathe carbon dioxide out and oxygen in, just like us…
Mushrooms 1.3 Billion years ago…plants followed several hundred Million years later
Mycelium was the first living organisms on this planet
Mushrooms…first step in the generation of soil.
Mushrooms…eat viruses…big surprise…viruses are only a problem when there are too many of them, just like too much accumulated cell waste matter is also a problem.
End of JR’s paraphrase.

The beginning…
“I love a challenge and I guess saving the earth is probably a good one. We all know the earth is in trouble. We’ve now entered into the 6Xth the 6th major extinction on this planet. I oftened wonder if there was an United Organization of Organisms otherwise known as Uooo and every organism had a right to vote, would we be voted on the planet or off the planet? I think that vote is occurring right now. I want to present to you…6 ways…

2:07 MM
In fact, we are more closely related to fungi than we are to any other kingdom.

5:04 MM
I believe matter begets life…life becomes single cells…single cells become strings…strings become chains…chains network and this is the paradigm that we see throughout the universe. Most of you may NOT know that fungi were the first to come to land. They came to land 1.3 Billion years ago. Plants followed several hundred Million years later.” 5:26 MM
[www.youtube.com]

Now here is an interesting post that really makes you wonder…

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Aliens
Author: Mike (---.blackwell.com)
Date: 08-12-05 11:36

Mushrooms are alien life forms. The spores are the only life form that can survive in the vacuum of outer space. They float around the universe until they land on a suitable planet they can grow on.

I'm not sure on the health benefits of mushrooms. Some people say that certain shrooms like the Reishi and shitake are great for the immune system. Other people say all mushrooms are mycotoxins.

I think some mushrooms are healthy, some are unhealthy. It is a little like algae.

There are billions of different forms of algae. 99% of them are poisonous. 1% are very healthy (spirulina, chlorella, Klamath AFA blue-green, DHA algae.

More info with a quote about mushroom aliens->
[therawdiet.blogspot.com]

~*~*~*~*~*~*
Mike
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Peace and Love..........John

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 07, 2012 03:16PM

These posts are fascinating, and really are making me think whether I can eat mushrooms and still be a vegetarian.

As my high school bio teacher used to say, mysteriously, "There's a fungus among us . . . " grinning smiley

Thanks for posting, everyone!

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: August 07, 2012 07:29PM

The largest living organism on earth is a fungus:

[www.scientificamerican.com]

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 07, 2012 11:40PM

Yes, very very interesting. More too it than I thought.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables