Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Weed control experiment
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 17, 2012 10:33PM

Hello everyone,
Just today I read a source that said a certain bottled beverage has so much pesticide residue that some people in the world were using it as pesticide to grow crops! I was just shocked. Its nothing I drink, as I knew that it wasn't good, but had no idea it was that bad.

So, I was thinking what about controling crabgrass and other weeds? Our driveway and parking lot has grass coming up through cracks. I am getting tired of pulling them, and really hate to use pesticides to control them. But I thought I would try this diet beverage to control them. I bought a small bottle at a local drug store. I actually felt sick buying it, even without drinking any at all!

I applied it on the plants, and will see what happens. My partner thinks its a waste. But I will definately be impressed if it it causes the weeds to turn brown and die. In which case it will still be a pesticide if it works. Will it be any better than using conventional official weed killer? I am hoping that its "half life" will be quicker and have less impact on the environment. What do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weed control experiment
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 18, 2012 05:44PM

My partner thinks its a waste.

Of what, LOL?

Let us know how it works; old timers I know use carbonated cola to derust old screws and nails, so . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2012 05:44PM by Tamukha.

Re: Weed control experiment
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 18, 2012 10:36PM

He thinks that the beverage won't kill weeds. I also am going to try sugar substitutes in a few areas. I haven't looked yet, but maybe this time wasn't the best timing. It rained really hard last night, so its probably washed everything away.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables