Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Former marine picked up after Facebook posts about 9/11
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 19, 2012 04:15PM

[www.infowars.com]

I concur with one of the comments on the story:

"There’s a reason why Facebook is free and it’s not only because it’s funding by its own advertising dollars. It’s a huge data mining operation used by the government. It eliminates their needs for HUMINT within the intelligence community, because they are getting all of the information they need from people posting it themselves! I don’t have a Facebook account for that reason, and we can see that Big Sis is watching. Rule #1, if you have social networking accounts, be extremely careful how much information you’re handing out to others. Honestly, it’d be better to write your geographically distant relatives an email (on a paid service) or just call them instead of using Facebook"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2012 04:15PM by banana who.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Former marine picked up after Facebook posts about 9/11
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: August 19, 2012 06:29PM

Banana who - Lightform also posted the story on the other thread.

It looks like the government doesn't like anyone questioning the official 911 story. Pretty soon being a "911 Denier" will be illegal here.

It's interesting that the video Lightform posted said the guy was picked up for posting "Patriotic Posts". That's mis-titled because what the right considers "patriotic posts" would definitely not be a questioning of the official 911 story. The right considers themselves 'patriotic' because they're warmongers, and hates 'truthers', who are anti-war.

I don't do Facebook, but do Twitter. I'm into information sharing, not sharing my mundane comings and goings and inane comments.

Date: August 19, 2012 06:34PM

Did you hear the story about the Social Security Admin. requesting thousands of hollow point bullets?!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 19, 2012 07:22PM

If you actually read Mr. Brandon's Facebook messages, especially the last few, it is clear that he is at best a "Truther," and at worst, psychotic. I am going with psychotic, and wishing he gets the help he needs now that he is in custody. Our soldiers go through hell over there, and so many don't get the mental health aid they need when they come home. Further, there is this thing called the Uniform Code of Military Justice, and Brandon appears, according to accounts of his fellow soldiers, to have forgotten his agreement to adhere to its dictates some time ago. This seems to be a bug that's going around, lately. Sedition, I mean. The following is the closest I come to CTing, myself, but it is strange to me that this incident comes so fast on the heels of the OSPEC monkeyshines, and just a hop away from a very contentious election. They could be totally unrelated, but . . .

As for this nonsense about the SSA requisitioning 46K rounds of hollow point bullets, which made me LOL when I first encountered it, you've got your CTs mixed up, nanners! According to Alex Jones, it was the National Weather Service that requested them thar bullets. Ha! In Reality Land, it was actually the Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration that requested this ammunition. The coastal division alone has millions of miles to patrol, and hollow point bullets are short range penetrating. Exactly the sort of ammunition one needs if one must shoot at, say, a poacher on a boat that one is also aboard. Here's my perspective: If Alex Jones says it, it is likely untrue. No one that has expressed a belief that alien lizard people disguised as humans are taking over politics has any credibility. At all.

I once again express bafflement at how easily disinformation spreads these days. [sigh]

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: August 19, 2012 07:46PM

<<<According to Alex Jones, it was the National Weather Service that requested them thar bullets. Ha! In Reality Land, it was actually the Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration that requested this ammunition.>>>

Hey Tam, you got Fooled again...

Despite initially asking the bullets to be delivered to the National Weather Service, NOAA claimed this was a “clerical error” and insisted the ammunition was being sent to the Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement.
[www.infowars.com]

<<<If Alex Jones says it, it is likely untrue. No one that has expressed a belief that alien lizard people disguised as humans are taking over politics has any credibility.>>>

The one thing I like the most about Alex is that he backs up almost everything he says and he does not agree with David Icke about the alien lizard people. I think you got your CTs confused.

Peace and Love..........John

Date: August 19, 2012 08:56PM

Tam, this is from just the other day: [oig.ssa.gov]

Note the headline: Social Security's OIG Responds to Concerns over Ammunition Procurement eye rolling smiley

Now this is how the role of those agents is described:

<<The Office of Investigations (OI) OI conducts and coordinates investigative activity related to fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement in Social Security Administration programs and operations. This office serves as OIG's liaison to the Department of Justice on all matters relating to the investigation of SSA programs and personnel. OI also conducts joint investigations with other Federal, State and local law enforcement agencies.>>

Again, I must eye rolling smiley

If a bank overcharges you, do you think some agents are gonna come into THEIR offices with guns blazing? Even in the case of citizens who commit fraud such as embezzlement or forgery, it is unthinkable to see a day when bullets would come into the picture.

And this is just what is being TOLD to us. Does it make it the whole truth?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2012 09:00PM by banana who.

Date: August 20, 2012 12:25AM

John,

Someone at Infowars somehow came across erroneous clerical data indicating that the National Weather Service had requisitioned these munitions and instead of recognizing this as a clerical error, or simply double checking it, or perhaps to deliberately misinform, Alex Jones ran with it. Rand Paul then Tweeted about it and the CT blogosphere went mad. As a result, several administrations are now fielding questions about this magically menacing 46 K rounds of hollow points, as though it's an immminent threat to our FREEDMO!. I stopped reading Alex Jones because Alex Jones frequently posts information without legitimate citation and for deliberate provocation. I think at one time he did advocate the lizard people meme, and in any case, he legitimizes people with this crazy sort of ideas. He is not a valid source of real information, because a real truthsayer would be delivering good news as well as bad. Alex Jones just yells "Boo!" and then "Gotcha!" over and over and over. IMO, he's a borderline anarchist, but without the higher cause.

banana who,

I'm sorry, I had not heard that the SSA was reordering ammunition, only about the NWS foofaraw! Apparently, several agencies with law enforcement arms are reordering their standard ammunition.

The point is, this is not a big deal until some blogger with a panic-inducing agenda makes it into one.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: August 20, 2012 12:32AM

The short story is the Social Security Administration (SSA) has 295 special agents working in 66 offices throughout the U.S. They have full authority to be armed. Standard issue is “.357 Sig 125 grain bonded jacked hollow point pistol ammunition.” These agents investigate allegations of Social Security fraud and respond to threats against Social Security offices, employees and customers…but they cannot stop sending checks to dead people or other unworthy recipients. Hollow points won’t stop the theft of my Social Security. We can feel safe though, as each agent now has almost 600 rounds of his very own.

Iron penis complex? half of those rounds will end up in their feet I would bet.
lapaz
Hollow Point, again Amerika

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2012 12:34AM by riverhousebill.

Date: August 20, 2012 12:36AM

Bill,

Presumably, agents are spending some of this ammunition in trying to prevent your SS checks from being stolen!

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: August 20, 2012 01:09AM

Tamukha, My check comes from the U.S. Department of Defense, being disabled in the line of duty. Now they are for sure using the bullets world wide to pay for my check and secure the moneys for the cost of imperlist wars and our 700 bases and camps world wide.

Date: August 20, 2012 02:55AM

Tam,

You’ve been Duped - you’ve been Conned - you’ve been Tricked - you’ve been Fooled!!!

Wake Up my dear and consider the sources…

[www.infowars.com]
Soros Propaganda Front Slanders Rand Paul and Alex Jones
Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
August 17, 2012

George Soros’ attack dog, ThinkProgress, has exploited a supposed clerical error on an ammo purchase by the National Weather Service that was actually ordered by NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement as an excuse to attack Rand Paul, Alex Jones and Infowars.com.

More lies and distortion from Soros’ ThinkProgress propaganda front.

Reporting the clerical error as fact prior to the about face by the government has provided the Soros funded operation with an excuse to slam both Kentucky senator Rand Paul, who mentioned it before the clarification, and Alex Jones, who posted a story about the original bid offer posted on the FedBizOpps website.

“That a United States Senator would lend even a smidgen of credence to this conspiratorial nonsense is disgraceful,” ThinkProgress writes. “But perhaps we shouldn’t be a surprise: InfoWars’ biggest mainstream booster is Matt Drudge, one of the most influential news sources on the American right. Naturally, InfoWars’ story on the NWS ammunition order was Drudge’s top link yesterday.”

ThinkProgress characterizes the story by Paul Joseph Watson as “fictitious” when at the time it was truthful reporting based on a posted government bid that was later characterized as a clerical error.

Here is the government correction reported by the Washington Post:

Due to a clerical error in the federal business vendor process, a solicitation for ammunition and targets for the NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement mistakenly identified NOAA’s National Weather Service as the requesting office. The error is being fixed and will soon appear correctly in the electronic federal bidding system. The ammunition is standard issue for many law enforcement agencies and it will be used by 63 NOAA enforcement agents in their twice annual target qualifications and training.

In other words, the original post – again, if we can believe demonstrably pathological liars in the federal government – is an error and Watson’s story is not fiction, but truthful reporting based on the government’s own information.

But then George Soros’ scriveners make a living – or collect grant money – twisting the truth and using mischaracterization as ammo in a sustained effort to attack legitimate alternative media not sucking off the teat of a one-world globalist frontman who is a predatory financier exploiting naïve “progressives” no different from the so-called capitalists (in fact, they are modern mercantilists and monopoly men) they self-righteously claim to oppose.
[www.infowars.com]

Date: August 20, 2012 09:59PM

Tam, I am a bit curious: is your hubby an FBI or CIA agent? What about a military man? Because you have quite a rosy view of the government. How many times do we need to be lied to (do WMDs ring a bell? What about the Gulf of Tonkin?)?

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: August 21, 2012 03:26AM

I have seen so much corollary evidence about governmental corruption, media propaganda, rigged elections, wars for greed and other conspiracies, that when something like this latest assault on civil rights appears ( as in the Brandon Raub case ), it fits so well that I don't spend a lot of time nit picking the details.

I have seen the evidence for these things through many sources over time, and although I am sure that some of these will have ulterior motives to those of straight investigative journalism etc, there are enough that are backed by people of integrity and facts that I have verified for myself, that I don't doubt the validity of the key issues.

I will be very surprised if it turns out that the unlawful detention of this man can be justified as a constitutional action. I think it far more likely that he is a victim of extreme procedural paranoia, made possible only by the systematic removal and erosion of the bill of rights and other civil standards.

And although I'd rather not say it because it upsets me to think it might be true, he could have been targeted specifically because he is saying too much.

Date: August 23, 2012 06:02PM

Brandon Raub just got released and the case dismissed --

VICTORY: Circuit Court Orders Brandon Raub Released, Dismisses Case Against Marine Arrested, Detained in Veterans Admin. Psych Ward over Political Views, Song Lyrics Posted on Facebook

[www.rutherford.org]

[wtvr.com]

[www2.timesdispatch.com]

Date: August 23, 2012 09:20PM

KidRaw, just because you agree with what he's writing--and he seems to be a serious Goldbug--doesn't mean that he is allowed to write things on social media without consequences. He is a military person, and his later posts, which you conveniently elide, call for treasonous acts, according to the military's own definition. Look it up. He talks about how he's gonna be at the vanguard of a revolt, and who, oh who, will join him. He also talks, curiously, how he's going to be hauled off by the military any second now. So confused was the original information about this man, that the intitial online posts I encounterered couldn't get his first and surnames straight; I still don't know whether he's Raub Brandon or Brandon Raub. That he has strict guidelines of communication because he is not a civilian matters not to the Hysterosphere--it only matters that he talks radical, forcible change to government and got punished for it. We have a civilian-run military so soldiers can't overthrow our government, and if one starts talking like he's gonna, I want someone to do something about it. It's supposed to prevent bloody coups. Now, our military is almost wholly a merchant of certain special interests, and this is terrible, terrible, I concur. But I can write what I just wrote precisely because I am a civilian. See the difference?

banana who,

Nope, but my dad was Army, and were he alive today, he'd be disgusted by what's happened to our military and its purpose, but that wouldn't make him any less disgusted with this soldier's lack of discipline.

P.S. There have been Iraq and Afghanistan war vets talking about these things for years, building support among our politicians and doing convincing media work. You know, being legit agents of change. Soldiers that are upset with what's happening can join them. They must be temperate, however.

Lastly, I am wondering if anyone remembers Bradley Manning. Because to the Hysterosphere, he don't exist.

Date: August 24, 2012 03:30PM

Attorney: Psychiatrist Threatened to Use Forced Meds to “Brainwash” Brandon Raub
Jason Howerton
The Blaze
Thursday, August 23rd, 2012
[www.infowars.com]

Date: August 24, 2012 09:02PM

Lawyer: 20 More Cases Similar to Brendon Raub Ongoing
Veterans are being targeted in aftermath of Homeland Security smear campaign
Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
Friday, August 24, 2012
[www.infowars.com]

Date: August 26, 2012 12:08PM

I once again politely point out that Alex Jones's site is not legit; none of the statements is corroborated with anything except hearsay. Though Raub could sue for wrongful arrest--success not guaranteed according to what I understand of the Virginia law on this--his lawyer cannot prove anything else. As in most states, someone deemed psychotic(the authorities were notified by Raub's friends, mind you) has to be offered medication initially. A psychotic person would think this is brainwashing. The saddest thing about this to me is that Raub is so unwell that he thinks he's important enough for psy ops but he's not important enough for a judge to allow the authorities to keep holding him. He was probably released to his family with the recommendation that he seek mental health aid through the VA, just like so many of our ME vets. This only got taken up by AJ, et al, because Raub was raving about the Fed on Facebook. They wouldn't care otherwise.

Bradley Manning? Anyone? Anyone? . . .

Pyramid – “Need to Know” Basis...
Date: August 26, 2012 12:43PM

Tam wrote,

<<<I once again politely point out that Alex Jones's site is not legit; none of the statements is corroborated with anything except hearsay.>>>

P-O-P-P-Y----C-O-C-K!!!

Where do you get your info?

Every article they write has an average of 15 links that back up their sources, so your sources are WRONG!!!

One thing I’ve noticed about you Tam is that you consistently Tow the Status Quo. Every time the Prestitute Media puts out Propaganda, you are one of the first to promote it and this topic is a perfect example. BW nailed you on the head when she said that you have “quite a rosy view of the Government”!

Remember, the Government, like every other Human Endeavor that is Controlled by the same small group of people, is Compartmentalized, so most people who work for the Government are just like everyone else and since it is Compartmentalized, most people have no idea what’s really going on. “Just such a Compartmentalized apparatus was what allowed the US’s Manhattan Project to develop the atomic bomb in secret despite having 130,000 people working on it.”

[thrivemovement.com]
The Problem / Global Domination Agenda

Common Objections to the Notion of Conspiracy

Government is too incompetent to pull off such a vast conspiracy and keep it secret.

Pyramid – “need to know” basis

As portrayed in THRIVE, the key to keeping secret an agenda as massive as what I am describing is a “pyramid” structure, a “need to know” system, where people only understand as much as they need to do accomplish their tasks, but no more. That way only the individuals at the top of each pyramid know the full plan. This is the way it works in the secret societies, the CIA, the banks, the major corporations, the military, the media and on and on. Most people involved in fulfilling the Global Domination Agenda would be horrified if they actually understood what they are inadvertently contributing to. Just such a compartmentalized apparatus was what allowed the US’s Manhattan Project to develop the atomic bomb in secret despite having 130,000 people working on it.

Tam, you are either momumentally naïve or extremely EVIL - take your pick!

Date: August 26, 2012 05:30PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I once again politely point out that Alex Jones's
> site is not legit; none of the statements is
> corroborated with anything except hearsay.

I think you're referring to the "Brainwashing" story link that John Rose posted, Tamukha.

[www.infowars.com]

If you follow John's link to the Alex Jones Website story, you'll see that the story actually Originated from the Website - The Blaze. (There's a Live Link saying "Full Story Here" at the bottom of the Alex Jones Article and at the top of the Alex Jones Article there is a Live Link that says "The Blaze".)

[www.theblaze.com]

So that means The Blaze Website wrote the story, not Alex Jones.

That's like - if I had a blog and posted the link to The Blaze News Story, you're saying my blog is not legit, so therefore the Original The Blaze News Story itself is not legit.

And so I assume now you're saying The Blaze Website is not legit?

I wonder if the exact same News Story was posted on Alternet or Huffington Post or Truthout or Salon, would it then be 'legit'?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2012 05:38PM by KidRaw.

Date: August 26, 2012 05:42PM

John Rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lawyer: 20 More Cases Similar to Brendon Raub
> Ongoing
> Veterans are being targeted in aftermath of
> Homeland Security smear campaign
> Paul Joseph Watson
> Infowars.com
> Friday, August 24, 2012
> [www.infowars.com]
> ar-to-brendon-raub-ongoing/

And here's a link to another News Story on the same subject - Veterans are being targeted in aftermath of Homeland Security smear campaign - posted on The Blaze Website -

‘Orwellian’: Lawyer of Former Marine Detained Over Facebook Posts Says 20K ‘Civil Commitments’ in VA Each Year Part of Bigger Problem

[www.theblaze.com]

Date: August 26, 2012 07:21PM

History has shown me that those in power abuse it. When it comes to conspiracies, many people scoff at the idea of them because they claim it would take too many people keeping some secret. But as David Icke and others point out, only a few at the very top know EVERYTHING. And humanity being the sheep-like herd that it is, people can simply be "following orders;" not knowing that they are participating in something nefarious. If a clinic is giving free shots which purport to be against the flu, they might not know what's really in the shots. They are just promoting what they think will help people.

Date: August 27, 2012 01:07PM

Tam wrote,

<<<Bradley Manning? Anyone? Anyone? . . .>>>

I just now listened to this…

FULL UNEDITED Ron Paul Speech @ We Are the Future Rally - Tamp Sun Dome - Aug 26 2012
1:19:27 Minute Video
[www.youtube.com]#!
Full article here
[www.businessinsider.com]

JR’s Notes:

56:22 MM
The whistleblower serves a very good function, but quite frequently, what are they accused of? Treason! Why are they doing this? Why are they releasing this information?

So Bradley Manning, you know, now he’s in the military and there are probably some, you know, debate on exactly how and what to do, but let me tell you, Bradley Manning didn’t kill anybody, Bradley Manning hasn’t caused the death of anybody and what he has exposed - he is equivalent to Daniel Ellsberg who told us the truth about Vietnam. And when Daniel Ellsberg was under the gun, they also, the Government wanted to crack down on the exposure on the New York Times and the New York Times printed the material that Ellsberg released and that went to the Supreme Court and Ellsberg did not go to prison. It was upheld and the New York Times did not suffer either the consequence of this. 57:31 MM

And here’s another article on Whistleblowers…

[www.infowars.com]
Ron Paul Says He’d Protect Bradley Manning and Other Whistleblowers
RT
April 18, 2012

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: August 27, 2012 08:00PM

A tutor at uni (university), spent almost three hours discussing various conspiracy theories around the events of 9/11. The course was about critical thinking, and it really made you think twice about just accepting the official story as truth, no matter what it's about.

jalan

Date: August 27, 2012 11:01PM

LOL--good idea, Kid, using FDL as a source since it's liberal and therefore an impeccable sourcewinking smiley

Another area where Ron Paul started losing me was regarding healthcare. As an OB/GYN he knows exactly what the score is (I am not sure if he still has his practice or is just out of touch). I watched the debates religiously and he was asked about health care and he said that when he first started his practice (early '60s!), those who could not pay would be taken care of by religious organizations. Now that is just plain foolish in today's world. The cost of healthcare has skyrocketed, in the first place. Operations and other procedures are so overpriced that the bills are exorbitant and I doubt seriously a church (except megachurches) would be able to foot the bill.

We have to be able to bring down healthcare costs as well as create a single-payer system or Medicare for all.

Date: August 27, 2012 11:33PM

Or...for those who disdain any links to Alex Jones' site, will the HuffPo suffice? sad smiley

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Date: August 31, 2012 02:17PM

So every posting on Facebook is scrutinized...

Mom Banned from Facebook after Controversial Breastfeeding Photo

[itsybitsysteps.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables