Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cosmetics
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: October 12, 2012 01:23AM

So, since I have been getting back to basics in most of my areas in my life. I have realized that makeup and hair take too much of my time.

However, I do use Dr.Hauska which is quite expensive and I wonder if I really need to wear foundation at all?
If so, what is the purest line out there? Mineral?

Hair--- disaster! I need to simplify this as well. Anyone else have some interesting comments on how to eliminate these two energy absorbing concerns?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cosmetics
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 12, 2012 02:34AM

Why would you "need" to wear foundation? I am sincerely asking this question because I don't really understand why anyone would need to use it. I used to wear a hypoallergenic foundation because I was conditioned to believe that women wear makeup. Guess what? I developed adult acne. Then I REALLY felt the need to wear foundation, to cover up the zits! I never had the sort of horrible acne that some people get, but it was visible. I now believe that the makeup CAUSED my acne because when I stopped wearing it, it magically stopped.

You haven't said why your hair is a disaster so I don't know what to tell you.

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: October 12, 2012 02:38AM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why would you "need" to wear foundation? I am
> sincerely asking this question because I don't
> really understand why anyone would need to use it.
> I used to wear a hypoallergenic foundation because
> I was conditioned to believe that women wear
> makeup. Guess what? I developed adult acne. Then I
> REALLY felt the need to wear foundation, to cover
> up the zits! I never had the sort of horrible acne
> that some people get, but it was visible. I now
> believe that the makeup CAUSED my acne because
> when I stopped wearing it, it magically stopped.
>
> You haven't said why your hair is a disaster so I
> don't know what to tell you.

I know I don't need to wear the foundation and actually, I think it is a waste of money, but I do think my skin has more of an even look with it. I might return it though. Today, I had a little mineral makeup on which does not seep into the skin, and I felt so FREE. Sounds crazy, but it was refreshing. I am done with eye makeup and blush is on the way out as well. Do you wear any makeup at all?

Hair is middle of my back, curly style but getting straigher as I age. Dark brown. I feel like all I do is wear it back in a ponytail. I am thinking of going back to short and then I wont have to worry about it. Seriously, it is such a hassle. On the other hand, my friends keep telling me how great it looks being long since I had short hair for most of my life.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 16, 2012 07:36PM

Careful with mineral makeup, something that is not advertised is how damaging it is to inhale powdered minerals. Hold your breath when you're putting that stuff on, then leave the room to let the dust settle!

My hair solution? Elastic band. LOL.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: October 16, 2012 09:39PM

I use Beauty Without Cruelty products for my hair - they are nice, and I have founda lot of conditioners break out my back - my skin is very sensitive. smiling smiley

Also Eco Sevi is a nice line.

beautywithoutcruelty.com (prices not too bad!)

www.ecosevi.com (more expensive)

---
For "makeup" I use Jane Iredale products, I don't use it just for "cover up" as some might think; I use it as a non-irritating sunscreen. I don't knowif you like to use sunscreen on your face or not, but as a runner, I like to do at leats 20% SPF BS every day. I'm not against people foregoing sunscreen or embracing it; it's just my preference. So anyway, as I said, I have sensitive skin, and the Jane Iredale is fine. Depending on season/dryness, I use the Tinted Moisturizer or the Purepressed Base. Both are light coverage.

I use Beauty Without Cruelty's mascara and Eco Sevi's eyeliner as a brow tint (it's made from jasmine tea) because I have bald spots in my brows (hehehe). I wouldn't say I "need" those things; I just like them.

I also like lip products. I have used 100% Pure's lip tints (which are made from avocado butter and fruit oils, etc.) and other vegan /organic products.

Your hair sounds pretty to me! hehehehe

Date: October 16, 2012 09:41PM

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 16, 2012 11:28PM

Be aware that some of these brands contain that crushed beetle crap (cochicenea extract or whatever it's called). It's 100% natural though eye rolling smiley

Date: October 17, 2012 12:39AM

Yeah. 100% Pure isn't all vegan, but they don't use carmine. They use bee products in some of the items. Eco Sevi is all vegan company. Beauty Without Cruelty (commonly "BWC" on the label) isn't all vegan; I used to think it was until I found lanolin extract in one of the products. :/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables