Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what browser do you use?
Posted by: back2eden ()
Date: October 19, 2012 02:08AM

I am using IE for a browser, does any one think there is a better one and why?
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what browser do you use?
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: October 19, 2012 03:24AM

chrome and firefox

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: October 19, 2012 12:24PM

I also use Firefox and Chrome. I like Firefox the best, because I can't figure out where everything is located on Chrome. With IE, if I have more than a couple windows open, the speed slows down and eventually IE will freeze. I like to have two options for browsers because for some reason something won't work in one - like Comments on an article or videos. I read you're not supposed to use more than two or you're not supposed to have more than two browsers installed - not sure which.

Just found this info saying Firefox is better than Chrome; uses less resources. I've also tried Opera, but couldn't figure out where everything was located.

Chrome uses way more memory than Firefox, Opera or Internet Explorer

[www.ghacks.net]

I just ran across this article that says IE crashes more, but if you update to IE 9, it won't, so I'm going to do that now.

[www.smashingmagazine.com]

Also, interesting that it says IE cannot be updated past IE 8 in Windows XP. I find IE really slows down our older laptops. Try Firefox.

Here's one of my favorite website for downloads to fix your computer, but be careful if you do too many, or you could slow it down --

[majorgeeks.com]

Posted by: brome ()
Date: October 23, 2012 03:40AM

"Browsing animals (browsers) eat the shoots, branches and leaves of trees and shrubs as opposed to grazing animals that primarily eat different grasses."

"Browsing

Terrestrial browsers nip foliage from trees and shrubs. They include caterpillars, tortoises, grouse, giraffes, goats, antelopes, deer, pandas, koalas, and monkeys. In aquatic habitats, browsers feed on algae, aquatic plants, and corals, and include sea slugs, sea urchins, parrot fish, ducks, and manatees. Browsers depend on food that is less abundant and widespread than grass, so they tend to form smaller groups or to be solitary and secretive."

Read more: Feeding Strategies - Biology Encyclopedia - [www.biologyreference.com]

But in the virtual world I use Firefox. Seems better than Explorer or Chrome.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: October 25, 2012 05:02AM

I use Chrome. I like the fact that I can sync my bookmarks between any computer or tablet/ipod running chrome. Chrome is very fast, and I like the merged location and search field.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: October 25, 2012 11:08AM

firefox with adblock-plus plugin

u can use adblock-plus on chrome now too

i don't use chrome because i don't like giving google too much of my patronage... that company weirds me out

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: October 25, 2012 10:44PM

Other great Firefox Add-Ons are Ghostery, Add This and Craigslist Fusion.

[addons.mozilla.org]

[addons.mozilla.org]

[addons.mozilla.org]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 26, 2012 05:25PM

I am not fond of any of them so really don't care which I use. They all sign you in to everything as soon as you sign in to anything and that drives me crazy. I just want to read email, not be signed into youtube etc every single time I do. Invasive and irritating. I am spending much less time on the computer since everything became about quantifying me as a potential consumer. PFT tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: HH ()
Date: October 26, 2012 05:59PM

Funny you mention this. The other day I experienced gas pump tv for the first time. There was a tv embedded in the pump and I was forced to have commercials beamed into my head as I filled my tank. Unreal. There will soon be no escape.

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am not fond of any of them so really don't care
> which I use. They all sign you in to everything as
> soon as you sign in to anything and that drives me
> crazy. I just want to read email, not be signed
> into youtube etc every single time I do. Invasive
> and irritating. I am spending much less time on
> the computer since everything became about
> quantifying me as a potential consumer. PFT tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: brome ()
Date: October 26, 2012 08:35PM

To prevent websites from signing you in automatically change your cookie settings. Go to Tools - Options - Privacy - There you can turn off all cookies and tracking. You can also specify trusted sites that you may want to allow cookies on.

California Brome Grass

Date: October 27, 2012 01:25AM

Brome, could you come on over to my house and teach me more about this stuff? I seriously feel like you need a degree in computer sciences to just surf the net these days. It's too much...

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 27, 2012 01:29AM

Coco, do you have a smart phone? (I don't have a cell phone, by the way!). I just saw the Boutenkos have an app for foraging. It looks very handy but it would be a bit of a bummer to me to be in Nature staring into a small screen sad smiley

Date: October 27, 2012 01:37AM

No smart phone, thank goodness! I see the way people are literally attached to their tiny computer phones, it's awful! So sad that. Posting pictures of everything they do, experiencing it all through the filter of technology instead of just living it, sheesh. Avoid! Avoid!

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: October 30, 2012 05:29PM

I've been using Firefox for a long time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables