Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Was 12-21-2012 a letdown for you?
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 30, 2013 06:40AM

Given that either the dire predictions of doom based on the end of the Mayan calendar on Dec 21, 2012, or the new-age-ish talks of ascension or new global consciousness did not happen on this "special day", I feel a bit cheated and disappointed. I was looking forward to the fire-and-brimstone apocalypse, as well as looking forward at the same time to the new consciousness that was supposed to come.

The Y2K bug was another such similar let down.

Ya think people would learn.

Did any one get the 12-21-2012 event they had hoped for or thought they were going to get?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Was 12-21-2012 a letdown for you?
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: January 30, 2013 01:07PM

Good ole boy Alex Jones talks about both the “dire predictions of doom” and the “new-age-ish talks of ascension or new global consciousness” in this 8 minute video 2 weeks before this great event…

[www.infowars.com]
2012 Doomsday Secrets Revealed: Special Report
Infowars.com
December 14, 2012
Who is behind the End of the World rumors and why, for decades, has the mainstream media been peddling the 2012 End of the World myth alongside the Mayan calendar’s end?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 30, 2013 04:42PM

Hmmm...I cannot decide whether this is tongue in cheek or what? Okay, I'll bite.

I was apprehensive because I watched Little Grandmother and all of these phophets (not profits winking smiley) and thought there could be a literal pole shift and another Great Flood deal.

The ascension thing is a bit nebulous and space-case-y to me. I am reading "First Thunder," which came out long ago (almost 20 years at least). It talks about ascension. Somehow it doesn't resonate but I try and keep an open mind.

In any case, any disappointment has gone away by now! I think as much of a let-down as it was, it was reassuring to know that everything was still in place and the world wasn't turned upside down (literally).

Posted by: HH ()
Date: January 30, 2013 09:41PM

I'll finally be happy when I get that new speed boat!

I'll finally be happy when I lose 100 lbs!

I'll be really super happy when I finish my degree!

I'll feel like a much more complete human being once I have sex with that sweaty hunk of love on the tread-mill!

I'll no longer be depressed when the political candidate who I think most represents my values has taken office!

I'll be whistlin' Dixie when my team wins the Super Bowl!

We'll all be enlightened when 12/21/12 finally comes!

Hey! All those things happened and I'm still a miserable person living in a miserable world! Maybe it's time for me stop waiting around to be happy and start getting happy right now! Maybe if I open my eyes, I'll see that everything is fan-fuckin-tastic as is! Is it possible?

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 01, 2013 02:07AM

I remember about six years ago thinking that the world was going to end in December of 2012 and figuring it was so far in the future, I don't have to worry about it for a long time. Time seemed to go so fast that it was here before I knew it, but I didn't really think the world would end and I read that it really meant a new Age of Aquarius, a new spiritual beginning, so I was looking forward to that. But I feel the same as I ever did, so it's been a total non-event. I wish I would have gotten some new energy out of it, but I'm thankful for what I have. For me the year 1999 was a very 'spiritual' year, and years later I read that the earth's frequency had sped up and other people had interesting experiences that year, too. Maybe this year 2013 will bring some good energy to us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables