Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cannabinoid receptors in the brain.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 25, 2012 02:11PM

A friend keeps posting info on cannabis and I find it interesting and would like to know more. I don't use it myself, when I tried it in highschool it made me very sick so it's not for me. But it's got medical applications that I wouldn't say no to if I needed them.
Anyhow, would some of you sciencey types take a look at this stuff and write what you think? Thanks bunches smarty pants smiling smiley.

"Cannabis is the Only plant on this Green Earth that produces Cannabinoids, and the human body is hard wired with Thousands of Cannabinoid receptors."

[www.youtube.com]

[en.wikipedia.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cannabinoid receptors in the brain.
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: March 26, 2012 04:45AM

Coco thanks for posting, its not talked of at all on this site,I posted before and it went right off topic into pot prices last time ect. any way we may be talking of the missing link here with cannabinoids Dr William Courtney has done a lot of research into Cannabinoids. he also has a great slide show on this.

By Dr. William Courtney
My childhood fascination with the microbiologic world was latter supported by my studies of organic and biochemistries which came together in my undergraduate degree in microbiology. With the 2004 Scientific American article on the “Brains Own Marijuana”, my scientific interests of a lifetime joined forces. I have been immersed in the experiences of thousands of my patients who use raw cannabis daily. First introduced to dry green leaf, then fresh green leaf and now with the addition of raw fully mature flowers, the whole plant is restored.

The central therapeutic paradigm of western medicine is the silver bullet, penicillin. Its single action is to block the synthesis of cell walls, which are unique to bacteria and therefore not directly harm the individual with pneumonia. The western medical mind has a very hard if not impossible time trying to understand the diverse actions of Cannabidiol.

While 10,000 year old cultural practices involve drying then heating cannabis to effect a nearly complete decarboxylation of THC-Acid into THC. The creation of massive amounts of THC is compounded by the introduction of a psychoactive side effect that has a 10 mg dose limitation secondary to CB1 receptor stimulation. Research conducted in Bethesda Maryland led to Patent 6,630,507 held by the United States of America since 2003 that teaches that the lack of psycho-activity in CBD allows doses that are 100-200 times greater than the tolerable dose of THC. The articulated “Effective oral human dosage schedule is 20 mg / kg body weight” requires a considerable amount of cannabis. The simplest approach is to consume the trichrome laden fully mature flower along with the 80-day leaf. Patient responses have exceeded any expectations.

Historically, dietary use of the entire raw cannabis plant brings us back in line with 34 million years of cannabis evolution. Lipid messenger molecules preceded cannabis by billions of years. The 4 billion year old development of lipid messenger molecules not only regulated resource management in the most primitive life forms, but were central in the earliest autocrine and paracrine modulation of cellular function. I believe autocrine cross talk was the necessary precedent to symbiotic, then multi-cellular life forms. Tissue specific or paracrine cluster regulation is the domain of the lipid messenger molecules and is the path to comprehending the incredible diversity of function that are only now beginning to be understood. While our perception / publication of these physiologic properties are new, the phenomenal beneficial affects were there yesterday, last year, if not hundreds of millions to billions of years ago.

I seek to consolidate the science regarding the essential nature of the phyto- cannabinoid contributions to health maintenance and restoration. That akin to Essential Fatty Acids and Essential Amino Acids, there needs to be Minimum Daily Requirements established to guide worldwide adoption of raw cannabis as the single most important dietary element.

About William Courtney, MD
Dr. William L. Courtney has an extensive medical education that began with a Bachelor of Science in Microbiology from the University of Michigan. He also received his Doctor of Medicine from Wayne State University, and Interned for Residency in Psychiatry at California Pacific Medical Center and went on to earned his Post Doctorate in Forensic Examination and Forensic Medicine. Dr. Courtney is currently a member of American Academy of Cannabinoid Medicine, the International Cannabinoid Research Society, the International Association of Cannabis as Medicine, and the Society of Clinical Cannabis. Dr. Courtney has also been teaching Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses in clinical cannabis.

His area of special interest is in the dietary uses of cannabis to achieve 250 to 500 mg of cannabinoid acids, which he considers as a conditionally essential nutrient in the diet of individuals from the 4th decade on. He has presented on high dose non-psychoactive dietary uses at Cannabis Therapeutics in Rhode Island April 2010, the Institute of Molecular Psychiatry at the University of Bonn in June 2010, the Institute for Advanced Studies at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem in November 2010, and the International Cannabinoid Research Society conference in Chicago in July 2011.

Dr. Courtney is Vice President of the Association Luxembourgeoise des Methodes Preventives, an ambulatory care facility in Luxembourg utilizing dietary unheated cannabis. He is working with dispensaries interested in providing high dose raw / juiced cannabis to seriously ill medical marijuana patients, and is also working to establish analytic / medical laboratories in Mendocino and Humboldt Counties, California.

About Kristen Peskuski
Kristen Peskuski is a patient and researcher, who has used fresh cannabis leaf to put her Systemic Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Endometriosis and numerous other conditions into a sustained remission. She has a background in experimental research design and statistics, which helps her bridge the gap between patients, physicians, and researchers.

Kristen has presented her case study at the International Cannabinoid Research Society (ICRS), the International Cannabis As Medicine Society, Patient’s Out of Time, 420 University, in Bonn, Germany at The Endocannabinoid System: From Physiology to Pathophysiology, and in Israel this November at a conference held jointly by The Institute for Advanced Studies and the Israel Science Foundation. Her paper on the non-psychoactive effects of fresh, juiced cannabis flower and leaf was part of the ICRS symposium in Sweden last summer. This summer, she will be presenting a paper on cannabis use in pregnancy at the ICRS symposium in Illinois and at the International Cannabis As Medicine conference in Germany.

Kristen is the co-founder of Cannabis International, which is working to reverse the United Nation’s Convention One Treaty, in order to allow people access to cannabis worldwide. She is heading up the experimental research design department in Ettelbruck, Luxembourg, working with the Association Luxembourgeoise des Methodes Preventives. In addition, Kristen is reporting for O’Shaughnessy’s: The Journal of Cannabis In Clinical Practice. She is currently working on an extensive study of heavy cannabis usage and mother’s experiences with pregnancy, breastfeeding, and motherhood.
Cannabis International
A Resource For The Dietary And Medicinal
Study And Use Of Cannabis

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 04:49AM by riverhousebill.

Date: March 26, 2012 02:16PM

I just find it interesting that humans have built in receptors in the brain specifically for something that is only found from a single source. That it's a plant that can and will thrive in nearly every climate on earth (ok, not where it's too cold for anything else to grow but all over the rest of the world) only adds to the interest.
I personally can't handle ingesting any amount of it in any way, it makes me very sick, but I'm still fascinated by the applications and implications.
Not to mention baffled by it's continued demonization by hugh chunks of society. That's the part that puzzles me most, how something that can be used to such benefit is so persecuted while other substances, tobacco, alcohol etc, that are so incredibly detrimental to health are so widely accepted. Weird.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 02:18PM by coco.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 26, 2012 02:54PM

Coco, don't we also have opioid receptors in the brain? And ones that are perfect fits for cocaine/caffeine. I don't know that we are supposed to consume these substances simply because of receptors.

I used marijuana extensively in my late teens and it was very harmful. I was stoned every waking hour for 1.5 years, save for a few times when it was unavailable. It really was the strong, hybridized stuff and I felt totally GONE. Like my mind had taken a vacation. It did not end well, either and has affected my entire life. I would never encourage people to use a mind-altering substance regularly, even if at first it seems to be beneficial. What tastes like honey, often turns into poison and that which at first seems like poison becomes honey...Bhagavad-Gita?

Edit: Oh and just to clarify: I think that it should not be against the law at all. But the problem is that if (when) it gets legalized, who will control it? Already the FDA is raiding these marijuana farms and centers in CA and I think they're positioning themselves to take over the growing of pot. Remember that there's an underground economy, particularly in communities of color. Without monetary injections from this type of business, they will really be in the soup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 02:57PM by banana who.

Date: March 26, 2012 03:04PM

I think using any medicine like that is dangerous though. It sure isn't something I think people should use recreationally, not if their intention is to live a healthy life anyhow. I have certainly seen the negative impact on people, non-addictive does not mean it isn't habit forming or that it doesn't affect behavior.
As for the opioid receptors, that's a different thing in my opinion as they are there to received chemicals the brain itself produces (dopamine, etc). Cannaboid receptors built into the brain, well, there is only one source for that so... the connection is worth examining.

Date: March 26, 2012 04:02PM

When people consume leaf for cannabinoids they are not getting loaded. this really has nothing to do with getting stoned on pot.
Coco you said the connection is worth examining.
You are right on that more than you might know right now.
Ive heard Dr Courtney speak and have seen his slide shows on subject.
US research has just focused on the THC part of the plant, they are lost as Uk Guy pharmcuticles has stated
I would listen to your friend who talks of cannabinoids because he is onto somthing

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 04:06PM by riverhousebill.

Date: March 26, 2012 04:17PM

He self-medicates for depression and pain and is involved with groups of others who also do so. Many of them have had such severe negative side effects with pharmeceuticals that they are struggling to recover as well as deal with their illnesses. Some of the stories are heartbreaking. I'm MUCH rather see people try a natural remedy first, drugs should be the very last resort instead of the default.

I can't see eating the leaf, it's so fiberous. Interested to hear more though.

Date: March 26, 2012 04:44PM

I would much rather see people use plants for pain but I also wonder about what sort of diet people who are depressed or have some chronic dis-ease eat? I used to work in a health food store and it was amazing how many people had the "pop a pill" mentality towards their well-being. It was like, "give me something to lose 30 pounds where I can still eat crap and not exercise." And for mental issues, the same. What about diet? I don't think it's a good idea to take stuff without first addressing physical habits.

Date: March 26, 2012 05:49PM

Coco for years I have my leaf in the vitamix with my morning smoothie, dont even know its there. The best part of of the plant has nothing to do with the thc that gets you high. Everyone thinks THC when they think of this plant,
One of Dr Courtneys points he makes is that the plant may have been part of our gen make up, Like for instance the red wood tree is related to the salmon fish in make up. anyway look past the thc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 06:00PM by riverhousebill.

Date: March 26, 2012 06:23PM

I am looking beyond the THC here, I know there is very little to none on most of the fan leaves. I also know they are quite fibrous though, I mean you would have trouble chewing one up to swallow it. How much do you add, in what ratio?

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 26, 2012 07:10PM

Doesn't David Wolfe talk about this? Anyway, the part you would eat raw is definitely different from the part you would smoke. winking smiley (Lighting plant matter on fire kills the enzymes, anyway. tongue sticking out smiley )

I've always been really curious about adding a bit of leaf to smoothie, but alas, it's not something I can find at the health food store. >.<

Bill, have you noticed any salubrious effects from adding it to your diet? I would love to know more!

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: March 27, 2012 01:46AM

Weed is illegal because one of its most immediate psychological effects is that it teaches people how hard they're getting screwed by the system and how lame almost everything created by the system is. It doesn't make people lazy. It liberates them from the tedium of the lives we're expected to lead and what passes as a "career." Ever notice how people who smoke weed have a lot of stuff figured out that your average conformist can't seem to puzzle through? It unties the knots of brainwashing. How do you get a nation of weed smokers to send their children to some BS war on the other side of the world where they kill other people's children and possibly get killed themselves? The answer is you don't because the weed renders the people not susceptible to the utter lies that are necessary to con these people into sacrificing their lives so that George and Barack can live comfy lives under their well-fed robber-baron masters.

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just find it interesting that humans have built
> in receptors in the brain specifically for
> something that is only found from a single source.
> That it's a plant that can and will thrive in
> nearly every climate on earth (ok, not where it's
> too cold for anything else to grow but all over
> the rest of the world) only adds to the interest.
>
> I personally can't handle ingesting any amount of
> it in any way, it makes me very sick, but I'm
> still fascinated by the applications and
> implications.
> Not to mention baffled by it's continued
> demonization by hugh chunks of society. That's the
> part that puzzles me most, how something that can
> be used to such benefit is so persecuted while
> other substances, tobacco, alcohol etc, that are
> so incredibly detrimental to health are so widely
> accepted. Weird.

Date: March 27, 2012 03:01AM

Pretty good, well-balanced documentary. It goes into what you're talking about in the last 15-20 minutes.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 27, 2012 08:46AM

That was a great post HH and so very true.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: March 27, 2012 08:49AM

coco Wrote:
> I just find it interesting that humans have built
> in receptors in the brain specifically for
> something that is only found from a single source.

The body produces endocannabinoids which also used by the same receptor sites. Ligands also use the same receptors.

I think the main problem as BW pointed out is the abuse of cannabis. Theres a mile of difference in therapeutically using marijuana and getting stoned every waking hour of the day. The latter which happens to many stoners, unlike alcohol which can often render you un-functional, many can wake up get stoned and plough on with their daily activities. Waking up with no hangover only makes it all the more easy to get stoned again.

Abusing anything can lead to trouble. If i was president id decriminalize cannabis and tax it. Numerous studies have already proven that cannabis is miles safer than alcohol and tobacco, so what we have here is not an issue of public safety.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2012 09:03AM by powerlifer.

Date: March 28, 2012 10:31PM

Thanks. smiling smiley

powerlifer Wrote:
> That was a great post HH and so very true.
>
> [www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: March 29, 2012 08:25PM

LOL- "wake and bake"winking smiley

I would allow people to grow it; screw the gov. getting their filthy little mitts on it! Or Big Pharma patenting it somehow. How can you patent a plant? Just wait and see! (Hopefully not.)

HH, I hear what you are saying but I have no doubts that plenty of our military are smoking weed. Just because you get high doesn't make you all that deep. It's yet another sense pleasure and sometimes people just leave it at that.

Although, I will admit that it enhanced "Dark Side of the Moon." LOL- never will forget lying on the floor next to the speakers for quadrophonic soundwinking smiley

Date: March 30, 2012 08:22AM

Big pharma have already kind of got their hands on it by creating synthetic THC and patenting it as a medication. Synthetic THC is completely different and isolated compared to marijuana which contains a number of different active compounds all of which contribute to its medicinal purposes.

Typical of big pharma to isolate one chemical found in a natural plant which usually imbalances the compound causing more side effects or a completely different effect.

But then again they can't patent natural plants so they have to find a way to get their grubby mitts on it some how.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2012 08:23AM by powerlifer.

Date: March 30, 2012 02:44PM

Big pharma is taking over the vitamin and mineral supplement industry in exactly the same way, by regulating those isolates and ensuring that they will be the only source allowed to produce and sell them. Better find a way to plant some roses for rosehips if you want to take a vitamin C that isn't pure chemicals! Pretty soon that's going to be our only option. Seriously, even walnut growers aren't allowed to advertise the health giving properties of their product anymore, that's considered medical adviced. I mean, seriously, that stuff has been studied and validated to the max but don't tell anybody, shhh! No infringing on big business allowed!

SHEESH!

Date: March 30, 2012 03:23PM

It is quite terrible, i once had a doctor tell me when i got in discussion with him about herbal medicine and he said "the herbs that work have gone on to be medicines, the rest doesn't work".

That really annoyed me as it was sheerly down to ignorance and lack of knowledge about herbs. Some botanicals such as ginseng are more well studied for their benefits than numerous FDA approved medications.

When i told him the reason was that even if a botanical/herb has numerous studies that prove its efficiency it doesn't matter as big pharma they can't patent natural herbs and plants. This is why they syntheize and isolate various compounds from herbs, sometimes this is for the better(i.e accurate dosage, stronger effect) but often it either imbalances the plants and creates more side effects or it doesn't produce the same effect the herb does in its whole form.

This is another reason why i don't use extracts often as they tend to focus on standardising one compound, when usually with many herbs the effects they produce rely on the synergism of many nutrients and compounds the herb contains.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: March 30, 2012 09:32PM

Banna Who, We have been had a long time back You are right, you cant patent a plant, thats why this stinking govt has taken out a patent on just part of the plant we speak of here .
And dont you dare try to research that part of this plant because that whould be punisable by prison. I love our freedumb!

On October 7, 2003 The United States Government as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services was granted a U.S. Patent (#6630507) on any and all uses and applications of: Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2012 09:34PM by riverhousebill.

Date: March 30, 2012 09:35PM

U.S. Government owns the patent on cannabis cures...
Submitted by Geeksneek on Mon, 12/27/2010 - 23:10
in Daily Paul Liberty Forum
votes For those of you who still have any doubts as to the miraculous healing powers of cannabis and THC Oil or do not believe that there is an ongoing international effort dead set on keeping this free and 100% organic medicine, along with all organic foods, supplements, and natural medicines from a diseased and dying global population... I am about to BLOW YOUR MINDS......

On October 7, 2003 The United States Government as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services was granted a U.S. Patent (#6630507) on any and all uses and applications of: Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants.

[patft.uspto.gov]...

In other words, THE GOVERNMENT ALREADY OWNS THE ORGANIC THC OIL BY FORCE... and now THEY OWN THE SYNTHETIC THC OIL BY PATENT... along with any and all combinations of the beneficial compounds found in cannabinoids. As you read through this document you will discover beyond any doubt whatsoever that cannabis has a tremendous variety of medicinal values and applications specific and provable enough to be granted a U.S. Patent, yet the Judicial Branch of our government continues to classify cannabis as a Schedule 1 Controlled Substance

[en.wikipedia.org]

How can they possibly say that cannabis has no medicinal qualities while at the same time they hold a patent that describes in great detail so many of the proven medicinal qualities that actually DO exist in cannabis?

There has been an ongoing effort to eliminate this ridiculous classification by a wide variety of activists and organizations for decades now but to date... the government holds all the cards and rules with a closed mind and an iron fist.

[en.wikipedia.org]...

The Abstract of the patent reads as follows:

Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism.
[www.google.com]...
(The NMDA receptor is one of two kinds of receptors activated by glutimates).

This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of a wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and auto-immune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia.

Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil (mis-spelled in document - should read cannabidiol), are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannbinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (1) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH.sub3, and COCH.sub3. ##STR1##

In other words, it is useful to separate the natural components and use higher concentrations of the beneficial compounds found in cannabis (the R group) to act as antioxidants and neuroprotectants within the human body. Cannabidiol is designed and being engineered to provide all the benefits of organic cannabis without the psychoactive "high" associated with the drug. This will allow them to continue patenting their product while demonizing cannabis in the media and courts and keeping this pure and natural medicine illegal and unavailable.

Be sure to take the time to scroll down and read through this patent and you will discover what a miracle plant cannabis really is. You will be asking yourself... "What can't it do?" as application after application is described in great detail about the medicinal properties and natural treatment potentials of cannabis. Ask yourselves "Why are multinational corporations allowed to continually market dangerous and untested poisons, toxins and industrial waste products described as food additives and incorporate them into our processed food supply while you and I face arrest and incarceration for simply growing and selling organic foods and medicines?"

I have been healing people and their pets for over two years now using organic nutrients combined with THC Oil and the results are miraculous. Screw the FDA... CANNABIS CURES CANCER!

Run from the cure:
[www.youtube.com]

Cancer-Gate:
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Vitamin Cannabis:
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Assorted videos (select play all)
[www.youtube.com]

Cannabinoid Research:
[www.google.com]...

Date: March 31, 2012 08:51AM

Whilst i do feel cannabis has a wide range of therapuetic and medicinal benefits i have yet to see any evidence that cannabis cures cancers in humans.

Do you have any links to studies riverhousebill ?

Cheers

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: May 02, 2012 12:03AM

Whoa...juicing pot leaves?! That would be a whole other can of worms...

First I'd have to go home and get my "Dark Side of the Moon" album. LOL

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: May 02, 2012 12:28PM

It's good for asthma too, as it helped me, and I had asthma pretty bad. As others have said, I also believe that it's the abuse of the drug that's the problem, and one reason for not legalising it.

What I haven't read on this thread, is that THC is lipid or fat soluble (if it has, and I've overlooked it, plz forgive). So, it remains in our bodies alot longer than say alcohol, which is water soluble. Now I for one wouldn't want to have my operation on a Monday when the surgeon had had a pot party on the weekend, regardless if people say that they can concentrate better on the drug. But then again, I'd say the same for alcohol, as it depends on the consumption hey?

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 22, 2012 12:17PM

[www.naturalnews.com]
Alcohol - not marijuana - is the gateway drug, study shows
Saturday, July 21, 2012 by: J. D. Heyes

Date: July 22, 2012 11:22PM

In 2003, the U.S. Government as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services filed for, and was awarded a patent on cannabinoids. The reason? Because research into cannabinoids allowed pharmaceutical companies to acquire practical knowledge on one of the most powerful antioxidants and neuroprotectants known to the natural world.

Look into this patent and why! Govt in bed with big pharmies

Alternatives for Healing and Causes for DiseaseThe CBD Research that Time Forgot
7/28/2011 – Time magazine made a flawed, sensationalistic attempt at covering cannibinoid research in a recent article. The piece details the effects of a synthetic cannabinoid (called JWH-133) and its ability to deter cocaine addiction in an animal model by activating the CB2 receptor in the brain. The implications of this study imply that cannabinoids could be potentially used as an “exit” drug for cocaine users. But Time confused the synthetic drug used in the study with a natural substance called cannabidiol or CBD.

Unfortunately, the seemingly good news about CB2 receptors and the treatment of cocaine addiction was over-shadowed by a plethora of inaccurate scientific information.

Here are the three main points that Time forgot:

CBD does not activate CB2 receptors at a reasonable concentration. This crucial information was published in 1996. In test tube experiments, CBD can only activate the CB2 receptor at a concentration unachievable through any known or conventional route of administration. If, for instance, a patient had an IV hooked up to a vat of nearly pure CBD, then there might be enough CBD to affect receptor dynamics and thus lead to the activation of CB2 receptors. In short, CBD may be able to treat cocaine addiction, but not by acting through cannabinoid receptors.
Dr. Gardner and his team (referred to in the Time article) looked at the effects of a synthetic cannabinoid, not actual CBD, in relation to cocaine addiction. To be clear: JWH-133 activates CB2 receptors while CBD does not. (It’s essential to note that more JWH compounds are becoming illegal each day. In the last few months, several JWH compounds have been listed as either Schedule 1 of the federal Controlled Substances Act, placed on the DEA watch list or banned by new state laws.)
Time magazine glaringly overlooked the most relevant research done on the effects of actual CBD (not a synthetic cannibinoid like JWH-133) and cocaine addiction by Raphael Mechoulam, one of the most noted Cannabis researchers in history. Dr. Mechoulam is credited as the first scientist to isolate THC as the primary ingredient in Cannabis back in 1964 and he continues to produce groundbreaking cannabis research. His important 2004 study looked at CBD and cocaine addiction but the research cited by Time never even mentions CBD.
One of the most basic concepts in cannabinoid science is that THC activates CB1 and CB2 receptors, but CBD does not activate CB1 and CB2 receptors. To refute this fundamental understanding of cannabinoid receptors is an insult to the scientific community and ultimately does more harm than good. As a scientist, this type of research is extremely complex and all news organizations will need to do a better job when conveying information to the public.

Source: [www.freedomisgreen.com]

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: May 23, 2013 08:02PM

[www.naturalnews.com]
Marijuana cannabinoids slow brain degradation and aging, reverse dementia: here's how
Thursday, May 23, 2013 by: Ethan A. Huff, staff writer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables