Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Before School Starts, Freshmen Quizzed on Alcohol
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: August 13, 2013 03:37AM

I'm in the midst of researching this right now, but so far this is all I can find as far as an article telling what it's all about -

Before school starts, freshmen quizzed on alcohol - CNN.com

[www.cnn.com]

Alcohol-Wise: A Huge Waste of My Time and Someone Else's Money - Yahoo! Voices -

[voices.yahoo.com]

College Population Level Alcohol Prevention Courses: 3rd Millennium Classrooms

[3rdmilclassrooms.com]

My daughter is going to be a Freshman at the State University in a few weeks, and she got an email from the college that she has to do this Mandatory On-Line "Alcohol-Wise" Course. It starts out with a Survey asking all about her alcohol use, very invasive questions when she's not even of legal age to drink. Then it's other informational questions and later there will be a test of her knowledge on alcohol use and she has to get a 70 to pass.

But I don't like the government probing into my daughter's alcohol use. On the survey, there are questions where you can't even answer that you don't drink - like do you drink alcohol interspersed with water or just alcohol, so you have to answer as if you do drink. Gotcha questions like 'How long have you been drinking with no way to answer that you don't drink.

This is akin to the 'Safe Schools Survey' that the kids had to take in high school where the survey asks all about their drug use, their cigarette use, their alcohol use, their sexual habits, etc., which was used to implement the LGBTQ agenda into the schools by the gay School Czar, Kevin Jennings, of NAMBLA and GLSEN. I don't think sex should be promoted in the schools.

This is the Government setting up my daughter, as far as I'm concerned. It's none of the government's business about my daughter's alcohol use, but this is mandatory for college students, who only just turned eighteen.

Am I over-reacting? Is it just used to teach college students to be sensible about alcohol use or is it more than that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Before School Starts, Freshmen Quizzed on Alcohol
Posted by: HH ()
Date: August 13, 2013 02:52PM

They could be collecting background data in case of liability issues. A student might die of alcohol poisoning in a dorm, the parents sue, and then the school has a signed statement by the student that he/she didn't drink that much.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 13, 2013 02:56PM

Have you contacted the school for an opt out since she's not of drinking age? I'd be making some noise about this one at an official level.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: August 14, 2013 11:55PM

No, I don't think we want to get too awkward because we already are getting a religious exemption on the vaccine thing, but I'm going to try to research it further and bring it to the attention of my local conservative radio talk show host who's an acquaintance of mine who is a watchdog for the local government and education goings on and I may contact someone involved in personal liberties who's in my area, but it's not a local thing - it's a lot of state colleges in the U.S. and it may be all - I don't know. Nobody's onto it yet.

It may just be like HH said about covering themselves. But I don't like that the kids are 18 and the drinking age is 21. Maybe it's all innocent and they're trying to teach kids how bad drinking alcohol is, and there is a lot of information about that and a test on all that. The survey was just the preliminary before the actual online course.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables