Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New book claims that the smarter a woman is the less likely she is to have children
Posted by: HH ()
Date: August 12, 2013 12:39PM

[takimag.com]

• With each increase of 15 IQ points, a woman’s urge to reproduce is diminished by 25%.

• The average IQ of women who want children is 5.6 points lower than those who don’t want them.

• Among all 45-year-old women in England, 20% are childless, but this figure rises to 43% among those with college degrees.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New book claims that the smarter a woman is the less likely she is to have children
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: August 12, 2013 02:13PM

Thanks for posting this, HH - it's interesting, but I'm not surprised by it.

I wonder how this compares to the old days - when less women went to college. Plus a person's IQ and getting college degrees are two different things - you can have a high IQ and didn't get all kinds of degrees or have a lower IQ and get a degree.

Well, those with college degrees are more likely to be Liberals, and I think more Liberal women aren't getting married and having children. I'd like to see some statistics on that - what percentage of unmarried people are Liberal vs. everyone else. I have my theories on why more Liberals are single. (Emotionality)

Also, it would be interesting to see a statistic on the IQ's of Liberal people versus the rest of us. I wouldn't be surprised if it was higher. I actually think the Liberal brain is more complex than the simple brains of others. Like the simple brains think on a linear plane and the complex brains think on a cubic plane.

"Complex" means "not simple," but rather complicated, multi-faceted, multi-layered. [www.dictionary.com].

I think Liberals are brilliant, but can be devious and emotional. Democrats are the Devious Party and the Republicans are the Stupid Party.

I admit that I have a simple brain - but I'd like to think of it as Common Sense.

Hope you don't mind that I had to bring politics into my analysis, but that's what crossed my mind when I read it.

Re: New book claims that the smarter a woman is the less likely she is to have children
Date: August 12, 2013 03:21PM

This map is interesting -

[en.wikipedia.org]

but I wonder why Australia's IQ is so low.

Also, this comparison with Victorian IQ -

[www.sciencedirect.com]

Abstract

"The Victorian era was marked by an explosion of innovation and genius, per capita rates of which appear to have declined subsequently. The presence of dysgenic fertility for IQ amongst Western nations, starting in the 19th century, suggests that these trends might be related to declining IQ. This is because high-IQ people are more productive and more creative. We tested the hypothesis that the Victorians were cleverer than modern populations, using high-quality instruments, namely measures of simple visual reaction time in a meta-analytic study. Simple reaction time measures correlate substantially with measures of general intelligence (g) and are considered elementary measures of cognition. In this study we used the data on the secular slowing of simple reaction time described in a meta-analysis of 14 age-matched studies from Western countries conducted between 1889 and 2004 to estimate the decline in g that may have resulted from the presence of dysgenic fertility. Using psychometric meta-analysis we computed the true correlation between simple reaction time and g, yielding a decline of ? 1.16 IQ points per decade or ? 13.35 IQ points since Victorian times. These findings strongly indicate that with respect to g the Victorians were substantially cleverer than modern Western populations."

Could this be an accurate technique to use for a comparison. I would think you'd need everyone to take the exact same IQ test as a measure.

IQ measures Intelligence, but who's to say intelligence is superior to creative, artistic, musical and athletic ability.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2013 03:31PM by KidRaw.

Date: August 12, 2013 03:29PM

Date: August 12, 2013 03:35PM

Here's another map that represents common IQ data: [en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 13, 2013 03:02PM

Oh yes, what a shock that politics has managed to feature in this arguement. Le sigh tongue sticking out smiley.

I didn't want to have children from the time I was very young. Just not interested. I do love sex though and am very fertile so... when I got pregnant I took responsiblity for it in the form of choosing to become a mother. Both times. So here I am making the best of it. They are interesting people and I enjoy knowing them. I can see the benefits of staying single and childfree for life though, there's a lot of change involved in this lifestyle, you've got to be willing to bend like the wind... Guess all those smarts come in handy after the fact too winking smiley.

Date: August 13, 2013 07:15PM

I wish that more smart people would have children. My significant other, a very intelligent person and otherwise extremely brave woman, is terrified of the pain one experiences while giving birth. It's getting a bit frustrating, especially since I'm 46 and she's 34. Thankfully my wealthy brother recently stepped in and offered to foot the bill for a surrogate. I hear that twins often come out of that deal. I'd be happy with that because we'd get 2 for the price of one smiling smiley and both of us would succeed in replacing ourselves in one shot.

I haven't exactly been dying to have children either, but in the last few years I've realized that I truly enjoy family and that they're the only real friends I have. That's just how things have turned out for me. I have no delusions about utopian parenthood, but it sure would be nice to have some little one(s) around. Some of my best years were spent as the younger boyfriend of a single-mom with 3 kids. I miss being with those kids in a big way.

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh yes, what a shock that politics has managed to
> feature in this arguement. Le sigh tongue sticking out smiley.
>
> I didn't want to have children from the time I was
> very young. Just not interested. I do love sex
> though and am very fertile so... when I got
> pregnant I took responsiblity for it in the form
> of choosing to become a mother. Both times. So
> here I am making the best of it. They are
> interesting people and I enjoy knowing them. I can
> see the benefits of staying single and childfree
> for life though, there's a lot of change involved
> in this lifestyle, you've got to be willing to
> bend like the wind... Guess all those smarts come
> in handy after the fact too winking smiley.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 13, 2013 11:04PM

truth really IS stranger than fiction

twins give birth on the same day:

[fox4kc.com]

Date: August 14, 2013 01:58AM

i'm not sure what is meant by "smart"

that word is 2 dimensional

its like saying babies are dumb compared to adults
babies are not dumb, they just have a different level of intelligence

smart dumb

what is the IQ of your german shepherd

or the person who is "slow" in their speech

or the person who can't read or write

or the person who is schizophrenic

i always thought these words were just another way to separate/polarize/categorize people

everyone and every being possesses "intelligence"

even a person who was born in a coma and died in a coma possesses intelligence

that's just a fact

it just is

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: August 14, 2013 02:13AM

They were talking about IQ in this Video and compared our intelligence to other animals...

[www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com]
The Superior Human? Dedicated to 2012 Earth April
113:34 Minute Video
Anti-Human Supremacist Film
Published by UltraventusFilm
April 1, 2012

"The Superior human?" (March 2012) is the first documentary to systematically challenge the common human belief that humans are superior to other life forms. The documentary reveals the absurdity of this belief while exploding human bias.

Featuring Dr Bernard Rollin, Gary Yourofsky Dr Richard Ryder, Dr Steven Best. Narrated by Dr Nick Gylaw.

"The Superior human?" is dedicated to 2012 Earth April (EA) which includes Earth Day and World Lab Animal Day.

EA official website : [EarthApril.GoodEasy.info]
- See more at: [www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com]
[www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com]

Date: August 14, 2013 11:49PM

HH, I would advise you and your girlfriend to get started pretty soon because it takes a lot out of you emotionally, physically and financially to have raise a kid.

Also, you may want to watch "Call the Midwife" on Netflix. It's really good - just some liberal stuff like how great socialized medicine is, how wonderful legal abortions are, how the government needs to provide contraception and pay for operations to sterilize women and pay for abortions and everything else. Every episode is a woman giving birth and it's very realistic and exciting, and the babies are adorable, and my favorite part is when the mommy and daddy fall in love with their baby.

Just heard this news today --

"A new University of Virginia study shows how working-class Americans have been affected by a shrinking supply of stable full-time jobs with health insurance and pensions for people who don’t have a college degree. Sarah Corse, who teaches sociology at UVA, found working-class people are less likely to get married, or stay hitched than those with a college diploma. She says an insecure work environment affects how people live when they are not on the job. The UVA Associate Professor says the study involved men and women of all races between 18 and 70." (I heard it was only a survey of 300 people)

So this means the working class is not getting married and the college degrees are not having kids, so I guess the US population will die out soon if we don't pass amnesty and have open borders.

Date: August 15, 2013 03:53AM

That's good advice which I will definitely heed. Thank you.

Date: August 15, 2013 09:42PM

On second thought, wait until we're into 2015 and Planet X never came by, then start the family. I'd hate to be pregnant or taking care of a baby during the end of the world sad smiley

Date: August 16, 2013 12:56PM

Isn't a big earthquake supposed to happen tomorrow?

Date: August 16, 2013 03:18PM

New Zealand just had a big one --

[www.foxnews.com]

There are definitely more earthquakes and volcanoes. Although I think a lot of the earthquakes in the US are because of fracking. The big one we had on the east coast two summer's ago that originated not too far from here was right near a couple fracking areas.

2011 East Coast Earthquake Shook Record-Breaking Area - Yahoo! News

[news.yahoo.com]

"The most powerful East Coast earthquake in 100 years also sent tremors four times farther and over an area 20 times wider than similar quakes in other parts of the world, new research has found."

Fracking could have caused East Coast earthquake —

[rt.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2013 03:26PM by KidRaw.

Date: August 16, 2013 04:15PM

Here's another one that just happened -

Magnitude 5.4 Quake Shakes Mexico City, No Injuries or Damage

[news.yahoo.com]

Wow, they're coming fast now. An earthquake a day smiling smiley

Date: August 17, 2013 07:39PM

HH I didn't have painful labours. Both of mine were born at home unassisted, no pushing, just brilliant lovely births. The only "attendant" at the second was my 6 year old son who woke up for the last hour and was my cheering section (he was wonderful smiling smiley ). It doesn't have to be a painful experience. I sure didn't find it any more uncomfortable than a rigorous work out or a bike ride uphill!

I suffer some guilt over bringing them into this world though. Man, this place is mucked right up. Sigh.

Date: August 17, 2013 09:17PM

Both parts of your comment are really helpful. It's good to hear someone be honest about bringing kids into the current world. I go back and forth on whether or not things are better or worse or a little bit of both compared to when we were born. One thing I can't imagine is sending a kid of mine to public school. Sorry if I'm confusing you with someone else. As I recall, we're around the same age.

Glad to hear that you had relatively easy births and will pass it on to her. Very cool that you gave birth off grid. smiling smiley

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HH I didn't have painful labours. Both of mine
> were born at home unassisted, no pushing, just
> brilliant lovely births. The only "attendant" at
> the second was my 6 year old son who woke up for
> the last hour and was my cheering section (he was
> wonderful smiling smiley ). It doesn't have to be a painful
> experience. I sure didn't find it any more
> uncomfortable than a rigorous work out or a bike
> ride uphill!
>
> I suffer some guilt over bringing them into this
> world though. Man, this place is mucked right up.
> Sigh.

Date: August 21, 2013 06:13AM

Coco says :

<<I suffer some guilt over bringing them into this
world though. Man, this place is mucked right up.
Sigh.>>

really? well, maybe you could light up this world
one joylet at a time

speaking of, have u made any more?
they are fantastic!

Date: August 22, 2013 09:58PM

LOL Ver, I never stop making them! Here's a monster tutorial.
[www.craftster.org]

Recent monsters.
[www.craftster.org]

The batch before that (there are 2 more links to even more in this thread too).
[www.craftster.org]

And Quetzalcoatl the Aztec Feathered Snake God winking smiley.
[www.craftster.org]

HH, I'm 41 now, the kids were born when I was 29 and 35. They both go to public school which is a combination of terrific and horrible. I do a lot of unlearning with them, believe me. But the structure, socialization, math, and routine are amazing for both of their personalities. The young man was just unhappy when we tried homeschooling, he didn't want to learn anything else from the person who instructed him all day long already tongue sticking out smiley. He does very well in school.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 23, 2013 01:07AM

LOL! I thought LV was asking if you'd made more KIDS! winking smiley

Date: August 23, 2013 03:07AM

banana who

no comment smiling smiley

coco

omg... those are incredible!!!
the most craft i ever got was making valentine hearts in grade school
i thought mine was pretty good, actually ... yep, i still remember it
smiling smiley

Date: August 24, 2013 02:05AM

Glad you think they're fun smiling smiley. I post a lot of tutorials, nothing is too difficult. Give it a go sometime Ver!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables