Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ask Teal…
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: August 30, 2013 11:47AM

<<<OMG, John! I somehow came upon Teal several months ago and bought her book and it has been totally amazing. Her teachings really resonate with me.>>>

Hey BW,

Your comment comes from my Thread on Resentment & Forgiveness, but I thought I would reply to you in a new Thread because I too resonate with Teal and thought she deserves a Thread all to herself.

As I’ve mentioned many times before, I love studying people who think they have answers to questions even if it’s someone as obnoxious as Alex Jones and I can tell that Teal has studied many of those same people and I wanted to share some of my notes from some of her videos - see below.

By the way, you were the one who turned me on to Teal when you used one of her videos to help someone else see a different perspective, so thanks for sharing.

Anyway, here are some of my notes from some of her videos and I hope others might add to my list…

[www.youtube.com]
Do Demons Exist? Angels and Demons (Part I of II) With Teal Scott
13:17 Minute Video

JR’s Notes:

0:29 MM
The question which I have selected to answer this week is Part 1 of a 2 Part Series - Do Angels and Demons exist?

Today we’re going to be talking about Demons.

From Objective perspective every thought which has ever been thought exists.

So yes, Demons do exist, but on what level of Reality and on what Dimensions?

The answer is Not all of them.

There is Not a Source of Good and there is Not a Source of Evil. There is One Source in this Universe - that Source has been throughout history described as Light.

So what is Dark?

Dark is Void and Lack of Light. If you were to play with a Light Switch in a room, if you were to turn on the Light Switch, you would be allowing Light to flow into the room. In order to make the room Dark, you wouldn’t go looking for a Second Switch to flood the room with the Second form of Energy - that which we call Dark. All you do is Resist the Light - you dim the Light Switch and Resist the Light and that is Dark and that is Void.

It’s the same with Good and Evil. There is only one Source within this Universe - it is the Source of Pure Benevolent Energy - God Force. That which you are calling Evil is just the Resistance to Source Energy - it is the Lack of Source Energy - it is Not its own Force - its own Integral Force within this Universe.

Demons are a creation of man’s Dis-Connected Lackful Consciousness. They are a thought which Vibrates - it’s such a different Frequency than Source Energy does that it’s become a symbol of Lack - a symbol of Resistance to Source Energy, thus they are figments of man’s imagination, but they are as real as any thought within this Universe is and thoughts are things. But if you choose Not to believe in them or Not feed them with Energy of your focus, Not make them the object of your Intention, if you chose to live your life in tandem with what you feel is Emotionally Good, you’ll be working your way into a Vibration which exists so far beyond things like Demons that you will have no Knowledge of them in your Subjective Reality. They literally cannot be part of your Subjective Reality.

To understand what I mean that Demons cannot exist on all levels of Reality, I want to talk to you for a bit about Subjective Reality versus Objective Reality. One might ask why we should speak of Truth at all - it’s because there are 2 kinds of Truth - 2 kinds of Realities.

The 1st is Subjective Truth or Subjective Reality - the 2nd is Objective Truth or Objective Reality.

Subjective Truth is Rational Actuality that you have come to from your separate physical life. It is limiting depending on the Brain and Logic and fits into the parameters of the tools of language - it is completely individual. Subjective Truths are things like - there is a Heaven, I am a man or Junk Food will make me Fat. You create your own Subjective Truth. You are living your own Subjective Reality.

Objective Truth on the other hand, which may be called Absolute Truth is a Truth that exists separate from the Brain - it is unattached to Finite things like self. The word Truth is derived from Old English, North and German words that mean fidelity, loyalty, sincerity, voracity and perhaps most importantly, faith and belief. 4:23 MM

5:05 MM
Source is the Vibration of Objective Truth.
[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]
How to Change a Belief
(Ask Teal Episode About Beliefs and How to Change Beliefs)
17:40 Minute Video

Ask Teal Website - [www.askteal.com]
A belief is basically an assumed truth. Beliefs are not true or false, they are simply beneficial or detrimental. Our subjective realities always become the manifestation of what we expect and we expect according to our beliefs.

A belief is simply a thought which has been thought so often that it has manifested physically into "proof" and then that proof helps you to back up the thought with acceptance, trust and expectation. That acceptance, trust and expectation in a thought is a belief. A belief is basically an assumed truth. Beliefs are not true or false, they are simply beneficial or detrimental.

Our subjective realities always become the manifestation of what we expect and we expect according to our beliefs. So, in order for our realities and lives to change, we must change our beliefs.

In this episode, Teal explains the step by step process of changing a detrimental belief into a beneficial belief without lying to ourselves, so that our realities can become the manifestation of only those beliefs that benefit us individually.

The Steps for Changing a Detrimental Belief are:

1. Identify the belief.

2. Decide if the belief is beneficial or detrimental to you. [Versus True or False]

3. Decide what you would rather believe instead.

4. Determine the emotional pay off that the negative belief is providing for you and decide if the emotional payoff is worth keeping the belief or not. If not, decide you are ready to let go of it.

5. Seek out alternative evidence and alternative explanations which undermine the validity of your detrimental belief. Replace the evidence you've been using to back up and support your detrimental belief with evidence that undermines it!

6. Look for evidence and proof to back up the beneficial belief which you would rather believe.

7. Use affirmations that work. These are affirmations which feel good to think, that you DO believe... NOT affirmations which make you more aware of where you aren't and feel like a lie because they contradict your own sense of intelligence.

8. Without immediately taking inventory of your reality (out of distrust of the process), simply give yourself some time to let the new beliefs take root and ALLOW your reality to change.

Soon after you deliberately change your thoughts, you'll be looking at tangible proof in a reality that backs up your new thought to such a degree that the new thought will then become a firm belief. But this time, it will be one which benefits you and your life!

JR’s Notes:

1:18 MM
Those Beliefs which you hold, which are a limit to you, plague our lives. They are to blame for the lives that we’re living which are less than we want them to be. Today, if you haven’t caught on already, what we’re going to be talking about is How to Change a Belief.

The 1st Key to Changing your Beliefs is to Change the Way you think about Beliefs and the Way you think about Reality. If you think about your Beliefs and Reality as if its fixed, then it does Not contain the Natural Flexibility which will allow you to Change Beliefs.

So what is a Belief? 1:53 MM

4:07 MM
But in my opinion, our greatest Empowerment, our greatest Freedom and our greatest Joy is served by consciously, deliberately Changing our Beliefs and becoming the deliberate creators of our own lives and realities.

The 1st Step to Changing any Belief is to Identify what that Belief is. 4:27 MM

9:15 MM
I was at a [Tony Robbins] seminar once when I heard probably the best analogy when we’re talking about Beliefs that I have ever heard - it was comparing Beliefs to a table top. So the table top is a Belief, like let’s call it a Negative Belief, and the legs of that table are the Experiences and the Evidence [References] which we are using to back up that Belief. And the Emotions, what I was just talking about - the Emotional payoff, is like the superglue holding the legs of that table to the floor. So what we need to do is first decrease the strength of the superglue, which is the Emotions, then knock out the legs of the table, which is the Evidence that we are using to support the Belief and then, the Belief will fall and it can be replaced. 10:05 MM
[www.youtube.com]

For those who might be interested in Teal’s Story, check out this Post - [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Peace and Love..........John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ask Teal…
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 30, 2013 02:39PM

Two of her most recent videos are very intriguing. The first one is called "The Flaw in Buddhism" [www.youtube.com]

And I found this one very helpful. It's about psychic vampires:
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: August 30, 2013 03:50PM

Thanks again for sharing these Videos. The very first thing I thought of when I saw the title of the first Video and when I started listening to it was something Herbert Shelton wrote on page 286 in Volume I, “...; we must aim at the fullness and completeness of human life instead of Nirvana. ... Dr. Wilkinson’s Epic has St. Paul say to Krishna: ‘Not from desire, but from impure desire...’.”

This is a great topic and one that I’ve given much thought to, especially how it relates to Reason & Money - see below.

As I’ve mentioned, I recognize where she gets some of her thoughts and one obvious source is The Secret, i.e. the Law of Attraction. I always like to Recap whatever I study and the only thing I could Recap in The Secret was “Don’t Want” - see below.

Here are some of my quotes that I have put together on Desires, Reason & Money…

Desires, Reason & Money

“Without desire there is tranquillity, and in this way all things would be at Peace.” -Lao-tzu (604-531BC)

“My belief is to have no wants is divine.”
“To need nothing is divine, and the less a man needs the nearer does he approach divinity.”
“What a lot of things there are a man can do without.”
“How many things are there which I do not want.”
“Are you not ashamed of heaping up the greatest amount of money and honour and reputation, and caring so little about wisdom and truth and the greatest improvement of the soul.” -Socrates (469-399BC)

“For the more nigh are the commandments to God, the less do we need; and the farther they are from God, then the more do we need.” -Jesus, “The Essene Gospel of Peace, Book 1” p. 39

“Eat, therefor, all your life at the table of our Earthly Mother, and you will never see want.” -Jesus, “The Essene Gospil of Peace, Book 1” p.1

“Let us train our minds to desire what the situation demands.” -Senecca (4BC-65AD)

“If you would make a man happy, add not to his wants, but subtract from the sum of his desires." - Seneca (4 B.C.E.-65 A.C.E.)

“If man could have half his wishes, he would double his troubles.” -Benjamin Franklin

“Man’s judgments of value follow directly his wishes for happiness -- they are an attempt to support his illusions with arguments.” -Sigmund Freud

“Most people’s opinions are based on their emotions -- what they want matters the most.” -John Rose

"Let your desires be ruled by reason." -Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 B.C.)

“Reason is usually the servant to desire.”
“To desire immortality is to desire the eternal perpetuation of a great mistake.” -Arthur Schopenhauer (1694-1788)

“I often admitted the frailty of reason, I know that it tends to prove anything suggested by our desires; and my distant friend Diderot wrote somewhere that the truths of feeling are more unshakable than the truths of logical demonstration.” -Voltaire (1694-1778) “TSOC-TAOV” p.789

“Nearly all philosophers of the Enlightenment recognized that the majority of men, even in the most civilized nation, are too pressed by economic necessities and toil to have time for the development of reason, and that the masses of mankind are moved far more by passion and prejudice than by reason.” -Will & Ariel Durant “TSOC-TAOV” p. 607

“Passionate instincts are always stronger than reasonable interests.” -Sigmund Freud

“Reason, of course, is weak when measured against its never-ending task. Weak, indeed, compared with the follies and passions of mankind, which, we must admit, almost entirely control our human destinies, in great things and small.” -Albert Einstein

“Men are unhappy only because they are ignorant; they are ignorant only because everything conspires to prevent them from being enlightened; and they are wicked only because their reason is not sufficiently developed.” -Jean Meslier (1678-1733) “TSOC-TAOV” p. 615

"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, desire.” -Aristotle

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." -Aristotle

"...Pythagoras declared that the eating of meat clouded the reasoning faculties. ...he declared that judges should refrain from eating meat before a trail, in order that those who appeared before them might receive the most honest and astute decisions." -Manly P. Hall, "The Secret Teachings of All Ages..." p. LXVI

“Society attacks early when the individual is helpless.” -B. F. Skinner

“Nothing is so soothing to our self-esteem as to find our bad traits in our forbears. It seems to absolve us.” -Van Wyck Brooks (1886- )

"No man can cause more grief than that one clinging blindly to the vices of his ancestors." -William Faulkner

“The Talmud makes a statement that the one who seeks money will never be satisfied with money.” -Gabriel Cousens, MD

“Money often cost too much.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

“All paid employments absorb and degrade the mind.” -Aristotle (384-322BC)

"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind." -Aristotle (384-322BC)

“There is no more fatal blunderer than he who consumes the greater part of his life getting his living.” -Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

“To be cleaver enough to get a great deal of money, one must be stupid enough to want it.” -G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

“The exclusive worship of the bitch-goddess Success [is] our national disease.” -William James (1842-1910)

“There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.” -Christopher Morely (1890-1957)

“Wealth after all is a relative thing since he who has little and wants less is richer than he that has much and wants more.” -C. C. Colton (1780-1832)

“He is not poor that hath not much, but he that craves much.” -Thomas Fuller (1732)

“Much of our lack of peace is the result of willingly exploiting ourselves by creating an overextended, imbalanced life-style that is organized around trying to accumulate what we do not need, which is detrimental to our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual well-being.” -Gabriel Cousens

“Desires are updated memories.” -John Rose

“...; we must aim at the fullness and completeness of human life instead of Nirvana.
... Dr. Wilkinson’s Epic has St. Paul say to Krishna: ‘Not from desire, but from impure desire...’.” -Herbert Shelton (1895-1985) Vol. I p.286

“My experience, and that of many teachers from time immemorial, is that the primary method of controlling and dissolving the desires of the mind has been the practice of meditation on the Divine. Meditation eventually dissolves the desires of the mind that usurp our birthright of tranquillity and peace. Meditation has the power to bring us in touch with the supreme nectar of the Eternal. It is through the experience of this Devine Communion that we are filled with enough contentment, insight, and power not to be controlled by our desires. The experience of Devine Communion puts us in touch with a sublime, noncausal joy (joy that comes without one’s having to do something specific to create it) that naturally fills us with such peace that the goal of all our desires, which is peace and contentment, is spontaneously fulfilled. It is not that desires never arise again, but that we are no longer controlled by them because with meditation we can go right to the ultimate goal of all desires. In this state, one can serve humanity without a lot of mental confusion.” -Gabriel Cousens, M.D. Sevenfold Peace pp.12-13

“If you want the most out of life -- mentally, physically, and spiritually -- simply satisfy all of your needs before you satisfy any of your desires.
All needs from Man, Society and Nature take precedent over all desires.
In other words, Individual needs come before Society’s desires and Society’s needs come before Man’s desires and above all, Nature’s needs come before Man’s and Society’s desires.
All desires that interfere with any need are prohibited.
Thank God that Nature does not have desires.
It is the desires of Man and Society that must be limited.
The overall limitation of desires is that they don’t interfere with any needs.” -John Rose

“We must shift America from a needs to a desires culture. People must be trained to desire, to want new things even before the old had been entirely consumed. We must shape a new mentality in America: Man's desires must overshadow his needs.” -Paul Maser, Wall Street banker, The Century of the Self Part 1, see “Trust Us We’re Experts” file

“Happiness = Satisfaction/Desires”
“If you have enough money to satisfy your desires, Dan, you are rich. But there are two ways to be rich: You can earn, inherit, borrow, beg, or steal enough money to meet expensive desires; or you can cultivate a simple lifestyle of few desires; that way you always have more than enough money.”
“Only the warrior has the insight and discipline to make use of the second way. Full attention to every moment is my desire and pleasure. Attention costs no money; your only investment is training. That’s another advantage of being a warrior, Dan -- it’s cheaper!”
“The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.” -Dan Millman “WOTPW” p. 167

“What things soever you desire, when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them.” -Jesus

" Everyone has been made for some particular work and the desire for that work has been put in his or her heart." -Rumi

“Desire is half of life; indifference is half of death.” -Kahlil Gibran

“Strange, the desire for certain pleasures is a part of my pain.” -Kahlil Gibran

“Subdue your appetites, my dears, and you have conquered human nature.” -Dorothy Canfield Fisher

“(We are) indeed rich since (our) income is superior to (our) expense and (our) expense is equal to (our) wishes.” -Edward Gibon

“Money is the barometer of a society’s virtue. When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those that deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed.” -Ayn Rand

"True wealth is really measured in lives you touch, not dollars you have." -Dan Duncan

I like this one-two combination by Durant and Aristotle…

“Nearly all philosophers of the Enlightenment recognized that the majority of men, even in the most civilized nation, are too pressed by economic necessities and toil to have time for the development of reason, and that the masses of mankind are moved far more by passion and prejudice than by reason.” -Will & Ariel Durant “TSOC-TAOV” p. 607

“All paid employments absorb and degrade the mind.” -Aristotle (384-322BC)

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a monied aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs.” -Thomas Jefferson

“If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency…the banks and corporations that grow up around them will deprive the people of their property until their children wake up homeless on the continent the fathers conquered.” -Thomas Jefferson

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now here is my recap from The Secret…

JR’s Recaps

Don’t Want

“Here’s the problem...most people are thinking what they don’t want and it shows up over and over and over again.” John Assaraf

“The Law of Attraction doesn’t care whether you perceive something to be good or bad or whether you don’t want it or whether you do want it, it’s responding to your thoughts. So if you are sitting there looking at a mountain of debt feeling terrible about it, that’s the signal you’re putting out to the universe. Wow, I feel really bad because of all this debt I got...you’re just affirming it to yourself...you feel it on every level of your being...that’s what you’re going to get more of.” Bob Doyle

“...he was focusing on what he did not want. When you focus on something with a lot passion, it makes it happen even faster. His whole life changed because he changed from focusing on what he did not want, what he was afraid of, what he wanted to avoid to focusing on what he did want.” Bill Harris

“Because as soon as you start to feel differently about what you already have, you will start to attract more of the good things, more of the things you can be grateful for. Because you can look around and say well, I don’t have the car I want, I don’t have the house I want, I don’t have the health I want, I don’t have the spouse I want. Woe, back up, back up, those are all the things you don’t want. Focus on what you already have that you’re grateful for. And it might be you have the eyes to watch this...it might be the clothes that you have. Yes, it might prefer something else and you might get something else pretty soon if you’re feeling grateful for what you have.” Dr. Joe Vitale, MSC.D. Metaphysician

“The reason why “what you resist persist” is because when you’re resisting something, you’re saying, ‘No, I don’t want this thing because it makes me feel this way...the way I’m feeling right now.’ So, you’re just putting out this really strong emotion of wow, I really don’t like this feeling and it’s there and it comes racing towards you.” Bob Doyle

“You know the antiwar movement creates more war. The antidrug movement has actually created more drugs because we’re focusing on what we don’t want, drugs.” Jack Canfield, "Chicken Soup for the Soul"

“Well, people will say, ‘Shouldn’t I focus on that?’ That is true. And we say, that is like saying because someone gave their attention to something they did not want long enough that now it has manifested, I should do it too. And we say, we don’t really understand that reasoning.” Esther Hicks

“You want to focus on what you want, not on what you don’t want. It’s OK to notice what you don’t want because that gives you contrast to say well this is what I do want. But the fact is that the more you talk about what you don’t want or you talk about how bad it is...read about all of that all of the time and then say how terrible it is, well, you’re creating more of that.” Jack Canfield, "Chicken Soup for the Soul"

“You know, so many times people say to me, ‘Well James, I have to be informed.’ Maybe you have to be informed, but you don’t have to be inundated.” James Arthur Ray, Philosopher

“Learn to become steel and to take your attention away from what you don’t want and all of the emotional charge around it and place the attention on what you wish to experience.” Rev. Dr. Michael Beckwith, DD

“You know when everybody starts to live from their heart and go for what they want, they don’t go for the same things. That’s the beauty of this. We don’t all want BMWs, we don’t all want the same person, we don’t all want the same experiences, we don’t all want the same clothing, we don’t all want fill in the blank.” Dr. Joe Vitale, MSC.D. Metaphysician

“I mean that’s almost everybody’s story in one form or another. So, that’s just called so what. The real what is what are you going to do now? What do you choose now? Because you can either keep focusing on that or focus on what you want and when people start focusing on what they want, what they don’t want falls away and that part expands and the other part disappears.” Jack Canfield, "Chicken Soup for the Soul"

Peace and Love..........John

Posted by: HH ()
Date: August 31, 2013 12:48AM

I'm reading her book and enjoying it. It's one of those things that resonates with knowledge that we're born with but haven't tapped into or often forget. It's a very helpful reminder of the better way. smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 31, 2013 01:28AM

HH

what book is that

what is the title

and what is it about

why do u think it is good

i'm always on the look out for learning great things

Date: August 31, 2013 02:31AM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HH
>
> what book is that
>
> what is the title
>
> and what is it about
>
> why do u think it is good
>
> i'm always on the look out for learning great
> things
[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: HH ()
Date: August 31, 2013 02:46PM

I'm not sure that I recommend the book. There is a lot of long-winded prose and taking forever to say things that could have been said in a sentence. I see a lot of theoretical, unproven mumbo-jumbo too. The core message is good though; don't worry, don't live in fear, think positive thoughts, and essentially be the change you want to see. I think it's a good book for law of attraction newbies or someone like myself who's interested in law of attraction literature and who's always glad to get a reminder.

la_veronique Wrote:
> HH
>
> what book is that
>
> what is the title
>
> and what is it about
>
> why do u think it is good
>
> i'm always on the look out for learning great
> things

Date: September 01, 2013 04:32AM

thanks for the link

Sculptor in the Sky huh?

yeah law of attraction
law of vibration
basic stuff
easy to understand
not so easy to pull off consistently
but an awesome challenge to continue to refine and have fun with it
thus, yes, nice to always have reminders

Date: September 01, 2013 04:12PM

la_veronique Wrote:
> thanks for the link
>
> Sculptor in the Sky huh?
>
> yeah law of attraction
> law of vibration
> basic stuff
> easy to understand
> not so easy to pull off consistently
> but an awesome challenge to continue to refine
> and have fun with it
> thus, yes, nice to always have reminders

Sometimes it sounds a bit convoluted but it is probably just my understanding is not yet up to speed 100%smiling smiley

I am sitting in an outdoor cafe right now about to go to the temple and yoga on a beautifully summery first of September. smiling smiley Here's a quote from Teal that illustrates why I find her so exceptional:

"It is in trusting others to be able to find their own bliss, enabling them to do so, and not basing our happiness on their decisions that we are of benefit to them. It is only in the maintenance of your own bliss that you will be healthy enough and have enough energy to ever be of benefit to anyone at all"

"Sculptor in the Sky" pages 64-65.

Date: September 02, 2013 03:24AM

banana who quotes Teal:

<< "It is in trusting others to be able to find their own bliss, enabling them to do so, and not basing our happiness on their decisions that we are of benefit to them. It is only in the maintenance of your own bliss that you will be healthy enough and have enough energy to ever be of benefit to anyone at all" >>

yes, of course

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables