Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Documentary: The Disappearing Male...
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: September 03, 2013 05:31PM

Documentary: The Disappearing Male
[articles.mercola.com]

Story at-a-glance

“The Disappearing Male” gives an educational glimpse into why environmental chemicals, and particularly the gender-bending kind, are so detrimental to boys
Endocrine-disrupting environmental chemicals are interfering with reproductive development, causing male birth defects to increase along with infertility rates
Male sperm counts have been on the decline and males of all species are becoming more feminized, likely due to rising chemical exposures
In one community close to a slew of chemical plants, two girls are born for every boy, raising concerns about the future of the human species

44:18 Minute Video

[articles.mercola.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Documentary: The Disappearing Male...
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: September 03, 2013 06:01PM

You beat me to it - I was going to post that. One good thing is - maybe we'll have less wars if men are more feminized. We do agree that men are more aggressive than women, I think, if that's the right word for what makes men fight with each other.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 03, 2013 09:38PM

I had a friend years ago who was in the sciences, don't ask me exactly what because I could barely understand a word of those conversations, who said that the last human male who was viable for procreation had already been born and the male babies that followed would never be able to reproduce.

I can't say that I think that's such a terrible thing actually. If we make this place impossible to live in...

Date: September 03, 2013 10:19PM

You do have strong opinions on the whole male/female dynamic, HH. Well, when I say 'fight', I mean physical fights. Forget the war reference, because I wasn't thinking about how men go fight wars because they sort of get duped into it or how it's expected of them, etc. - what you said.

I mean how males since they are young get into physical fights with each other. Not all the time and some more than others, but overall boys and men get into fights occasionally, from what I understand. When they're growing up, in school especially, boys get picked on or just end up fighting sometimes. Or at least I think most men have had the urge to hit someone at some time in their lives. Did you ever? I've never gotten mad and felt like hitting anybody at all in my lifetime and I think most women never do.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: September 03, 2013 10:34PM

Seriously, how many men or boys go around getting into physical fights? A tiny group of complete nut-cases. At my high school there were just as many fights between girls if not more. Most of the time boys are just playing an ingrained role, not an inherent one.

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You do have strong opinions on the whole
> male/female dynamic, HH. Well, when I say
> 'fight', I mean physical fights. Forget the war
> reference, because I wasn't thinking about how men
> go fight wars because they sort of get duped into
> it or how it's expected of them, etc. - what you
> said.
>
> I mean how males since they are young get into
> physical fights with each other. Not all the time
> and some more than others, but overall boys and
> men get into fights occasionally, from what I
> understand. When they're growing up, in school
> especially, boys get picked on or just end up
> fighting sometimes. Or at least I think most men
> have had the urge to hit someone at some time in
> their lives. Did you ever? I've never gotten mad
> and felt like hitting anybody at all in my
> lifetime and I think most women never do.

Date: September 03, 2013 10:46PM

Oh, well I guess that just goes to show you how powerful the media is, because that's probably how I got the impression that men and boys get into fights.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 03, 2013 10:57PM

My daughter beats her brother up all the time. I don't know where she gets this because he is generally a very gentle person and I'm sure not going around exhibiting physical violence! She can be a right little beast, that small charming daughter.

I do agree though that biologically men are designed to be more aggressive or assertive and physically stronger and more active than girls in general. This is, of course, not always the case. That thinking brain we've got has a lot to say in a person's development.

Not sure I think an all women scene would be any better than an all men thing. Seems to me we might balance each other out. That's the optimistic view anyhow.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 04, 2013 07:07AM

the

disappearing

male

hmmmm...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables