Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Scathing obit of abusive mom by her kids
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 13, 2013 05:32PM

Whoa... [news.yahoo.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Scathing obit of abusive mom by her kids
Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: September 14, 2013 11:33AM

Of course, the paper did the "PC" thing & removed the obit.

Hey, let the chips fall where they may - if the was an evil, mean person, why sweep it under the rug? One may even go as far to classify the obit as "literary art".

Maybe it will send a message to stupid parents out there who are presently enguaging in ruining their kids lives as we speak.

"Marianne Theresa Johnson-Reddick born Jan 4, 1935 and died alone on Aug. 30, 2013. She is survived by her 6 of 8 children whom she spent her lifetime torturing in every way possible. While she neglected and abused her small children, she refused to allow anyone else to care or show compassion towards them. When they became adults she stalked and tortured anyone they dared to love. Everyone she met, adult or child was tortured by her cruelty and exposure to violence, criminal activity, vulgarity, and hatred of the gentle or kind human spirit.

On behalf of her children whom she so abrasively exposed to her evil and violent life, we celebrate her passing from this earth and hope she lives in the after-life reliving each gesture of violence, cruelty, and shame that she delivered on her children. Her surviving children will now live the rest of their lives with the peace of knowing their nightmare finally has some form of closure.

Most of us have found peace in helping those who have been exposed to child abuse and hope this message of her final passing can revive our message that abusing children is unforgiveable, shameless, and should not be tolerated in a "humane society". Our greatest wish now, is to stimulate a national movement that mandates a purposeful and dedicated war against child abuse in the United States of America. "

Date: September 14, 2013 03:15PM

Sorry about that. I should have posted another version of the article with the full obit.

So what do you think about it? I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I applaud them for using the experience as a springboard for advocating on behalf of children, who must endure whatever a disturbed parent doles out. I like the words 'shameless' and 'should not be tolerated in a humane society.'

But they seem sooo angry still that I am afraid that unless they begin to see what happened to them in a different light, they will always harbor rage that could come out in a myriad of ways. Even if they don't abuse their own children, that hostility could still seep out towards someone.

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: September 14, 2013 06:19PM

What do I think about it?

Coming from an abusive childhood, I have an obvious bias on this...but I feel the obit is justified, they should let it stand. (The Newspaper)

It has always been said -

"Make certain you live a good life so the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral", lol.

If they are still angry, I suppose that is their business & we have no grounds to tell them to "just get over it." Everyone progresses at their own pace, and they must want help & actively seek it out.

The worst thing "well-meaning" folks can do is offer their own unsolicited advice. I personally feel that never works - well, maybe with a very small percentage.

One would hope that they recognized their own anger early on and didn't follow the same pattern with their own children...I know that was the case with me & my wee ones - I overcompensated in the other direction...with Love.

Date: September 14, 2013 06:40PM

I don't think offering advice is the "worst thing" by far.

It certainly isn't about "getting over it." I have my own related experiences, regardless if they are as extreme as this. The point is that advocating on behalf of abused children is an admirable way to channel the anger and sadness. I just feel there is a revenge component that will not alleviate their residue of pain, IMO. I remember John Lennon discussing childhood pain tied to parents and he said that the adult child almost gets more tortured after the parent's death because there is a finality which can never be altered in this life. So if the child feels wronged and wants the parents to own up and apologize or make amends...it can't happen here in this lifetime the way the child had hoped. So it's almost like getting screwed again.

I think that rather than getting over it as in forgetting, what an adult child does is to imagine what happened with the parent. Did the parent have a great, happy life and just chose to be a horror?

What was this mother's childhood like? Did SHE get abused in the same manner that she doled out to her kids or even worse? So who is really responsible for the behavior, if so? How far does the dysfunction go? In other words, seeing beyond the monster. Really developing sympathy for such a disturbed individual. Because anyone who does such things cannot be happy in the least. Many have some mental disorders which create mood imbalances and even just plain meanness. To me, it's ultimately a spiritual issue. When people lash out, it's because they are ignoring their Oversoul and just listening to Ego, lower entities, or anything other than the purest thoughts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2013 06:45PM by banana who.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 14, 2013 11:31PM

Coming from an abusive background, my sympathies are with those who wrote the obit. Having said that, though, I know I'd never write an obituary like that about either of my parents. Instead, I walked away from a situation that was hurtful, and I freed myself.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 17, 2013 10:25PM

wow

it feels like i just opened up a bottle of ammonium hydroxide
and drank the entire gallon
this is the effect it had to read that obit

my opinion?
i think it will do absolutely ZERO to "help" abused children

i highly doubt that an abuser will read that and think " I better stop abusing"

if it were that easy, well...reform would already have occurred

the letter just demonstrates that the pain is far from healed
the pain continues
the pain is distorting
the pain is not relieved
or over
not by far

it is not a source of "solution"

it is just an admittance of pain

nothing wrong with admitting pain

just don't feel that it will do anything but ignite or reactivate or remind
others of their pain

which is pretty useless, in my opinion

not saying that it was not in order

just saying that their belief that this obit will "help" others

is a stretch of the imagination

a FARRRR stretch

Date: September 18, 2013 01:39PM

LV, I agree with you. I understand why they did it but they don't seem healed yet. When you heal you've gotten past that palpable anger at the injustice of it. And you are not looking to drag someone through the mud in order to feel like the scales are balanced.

I wonder how they truly felt after they posted the obit. I mean, I read that they received a lot of support from the public so I don't know if that made them feel okay that they had done it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables