Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

can you exercise your way out of a junk food diet?
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: September 28, 2013 01:30PM

here is an interesting article that exposes an american cultural myth. That is, one can fix the problem of obessity by doing more exercise instead of correcting ones diet. It comes in a complex package where celebrities sign up with contracts with soda companies and create the idea that health comes from exercise (but not from avoiding the sodas that bring $$$). I don't agree with the article 100% but it shows the typical american attitude to problem solving by "you need one more pill or a product" instead of cutting out the source of the problem intrinsic in a consumer culture.

[fitness.mercola.com]

"While Beyoncé is hawking Pepsi, Shaq has launched his own line of soda, called Soda Shaq Cream Soda—his face prominently displayed on each can. According to the featured article, each 23.5 oz can contains 72 grams (17 teaspoons) of sugar. Remember, I frequently recommend limiting your sugar and fructose intake to a maximum of 25 grams per day if you’re in good health, and as little as 15 grams a day if you are obese, have insulin/leptin resistance, high blood pressure, diabetes, or heart disease. Based on the statistics mentioned earlier, this applies to nearly 1 in 5 children under the age of 11. For them, just one can of Soda Shaq equates to nearly five days’ worth of recommended sugar allowance!

“In addressing the conflict, O’Neal said to the Associated Press, ‘As parents, everything that we do for our children should be done in moderation. I don’t drink my soda every day.’ A good point, but that message of moderation doesn’t appear on any of his soda signage in the stores,” the featured article states.
"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can you exercise your way out of a junk food diet?
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 04, 2013 01:44AM

i think its kind of dangerous to do certain exercise on a junk food diet

i'm not even sure why

it just doesn't seem right

i imagine a 400 pound guy

trying to run a marathon

or someone punched out on doritos and pepsi disrupting a yoga class with their frenetic energy

exercise is a real dream when the diet is correct and streamlined

it doesn't even feel like "exercise"
just being in the flow

exercise and a great diet really go hand in hand

one without the other is kind of a rip off

both together ...

a marriage made in paradise

Re: can you exercise your way out of a junk food diet?
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 04, 2013 08:34AM

they are trying to compensate a bad cultural habit. Junk is money and culture through the throat of a person truned into an economical consumer. It is amazing the twist for smart arguments that people live with just to keep the junk in-around

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables