Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

technology pushing cultural laziness
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 12, 2013 12:15PM

here is an interesting article about how cell phones aid to sell fast food (burgers, pizza, etc), how fast food make you lazy (tired, sick, cancer), and how being lazy makes you buy a more expensive cell phone (with more widgets and features to make you more lazy). It is what I call a cultural vicius cycle where being fat and lazy is culturally cool as long as you are a good consumer.

[www.itworld.com]

"I had to make a last-minute run to Home Depot the other day. If you've ever had to make a last-minute Home Depot run while a friend, spouse, or contractor was waiting on you, you know what stress adrenaline (stressdrenaline!) feels like.

I was hungry, but I had so little time. This is how fast food often appears and conquers your decisions. Right near the Home Depot, it turns out, is a Five Guys, which has burgers and fries and is just remarkably good for the speed at which they're shipping out brown bags. The lunch lines can be taxing, though, and these contractors will gladly hang around after their expected finish time and rack up a few billable costs if I don't get them this freaking lamp.

So on my way out the door, I pull up the Five Guys app on Android (there is, of course, an iOS version. I have a meal saved as a favorite: a Little Cheeseburger "all the way" and a drink (which you fill yourself at the Coke Freestyle machine). I have a credit card saved for paying, and I set a time to pick up, which is the drive time to that location.

I walk in, notice just how many people are looking at me like I am a Line-Jumping Jerk from the Future"

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables