Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Global Warming Alarmists Stuck In Antarctic Sea Ice
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: January 01, 2014 03:39AM

Irony smiling smiley

[www.thenewamerican.com]

"The alarmists set sail for Antarctica with a plan to show the world how badly alleged man-made “global warming” was wreaking havoc across the region. Instead, their Russian-flagged ship was frozen in place after sea-ice coverage hit record-high levels this year. The dozens of global warmists onboard are still stuck as multiple ice-breaking rescue vessels were unable to reach the frozen ship. Climate realists and the alternative press, meanwhile, were quick to ridicule and poke fun at the stranded and beleaguered alarmists. However, the increasingly discredited establishment media has largely failed to notice or report the irony.

The doomed Antarctic “climate research” expedition that ended up being trapped in ice was led by Chris Turney, a professor of “climate change” at the University of New South Wales in Australia. He claims emissions of essential-to-life carbon dioxide — exhaled by all humans — must be drastically curtailed by government to stop “global warming,” which has been non-existent in recent years. The controversial alarmist, who boasts of setting up a “green” business known as “Carbonscape” to profit from increasingly discredited theories underpinning climate hysteria, was on a self-proclaimed mission to “discover and communicate the environmental changes taking place in the south.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Global Warming Alarmists Stuck In Antarctic Sea Ice
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: January 02, 2014 12:44AM

I got a kick out of this when I read about it the other day.

Indeed, this is Irony at its best!

Date: January 02, 2014 01:50AM

It looks like the HuffPost is doubling down on Global Warming - don't let the facts get in the way of your Ideology -

Climate Change Worse Than We Thought, Likely To Be 'Catastrophic Rather Than Simply Dangerous'

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

"Climate change may be far worse than scientists thought, causing global temperatures to rise by at least 4 degrees Celsius by 2100, or about 7.2 degrees Fahrenheit, according to a new study.

The study, published in the journal Nature, takes a fresh look at clouds' effect on the planet, according to a report by The Guardian. The research found that as the planet heats, fewer sunlight-reflecting clouds form, causing temperatures to rise further in an upward spiral.

That number is double what many governments agree is the threshold for dangerous warming. Aside from dramatic environmental shifts like melting sea ice, many of the ills of the modern world -- starvation, poverty, war and disease -- are likely to get worse as the planet warms.

"4C would likely be catastrophic rather than simply dangerous," lead researcher Steven Sherwood told the Guardian. "For example, it would make life difficult, if not impossible, in much of the tropics, and would guarantee the eventual melting of the Greenland ice sheet and some of the Antarctic ice sheet."

Another report released earlier this month said the abrupt changes caused by rapid warming should be cause for concern, as many of climate change's biggest threats are those we aren't ready for.

In September, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change said it was "extremely likely" that human activity was the dominant cause of global warming, or about 95 percent certain -- often the gold standard in scientific accuracy.

"If this isn't an alarm bell, then I don't know what one is. If ever there were an issue that demanded greater cooperation, partnership, and committed diplomacy, (that's shorthand for Making the Taxpayers Pay for the Government Global Warming Agenda of Wealth Redistribution) this is it," U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said after the IPCC report was released."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 01:55AM by KidRaw.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: January 02, 2014 08:43PM

[newsbusters.org]
Frozen Out: 98% of Stories Ignore That Ice-bound Ship Was On Global Warming Mission

A group of climate change scientists were rescued by helicopter Jan. 2, after being stranded in the ice since Christmas morning. But the majority of the broadcast networks’ reports about the ice-locked climate researchers never mentioned climate change.

The Russian ship, Akademic Shokalskiy, was stranded in the ice while on a climate change research expedition, yet nearly 98 percent of network news reports about the stranded researchers failed to mention their mission at all. Forty out of 41 stories (97.5 percent) on the network morning and evening news shows since Dec. 25 failed to mention climate change had anything to do with the expedition.

In fact, rather than point out the mission was to find evidence of climate change, the networks often referred to the stranded people as “passengers,” “trackers” and even “tourists,” without a word about climate change or global warming.

[newsbusters.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 08:46PM by John Rose.

Date: January 03, 2014 03:15AM

Thanks for posting that article, John. I had noticed the omission in an article I read this morning that made me question whether I had been wrong in thinking it was a bunch of global warming alarmists, but that's the media for you.

They were rescued today. I wonder if they're still true believers.

Helicopter rescues all 52 passengers from stranded ship in Antarctica

[worldnews.nbcnews.com]

(Here's their explanation for the purpose of their trip)

"The Akademik Shokalskiy left New Zealand on Nov. 28. The scientific team on board had been recreating Australian explorer Douglas Mawson's 1911 to 1913 voyage to Antarctica."

We're getting a big snowstorm and bitter cold this weekend in the northeast.

Can you imagaine how cold it would be if we didn't have this global warming right now.....so we should be thankful for it instead of skeptical.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: January 03, 2014 04:20PM

Too funny. Living satire is what I believe this is called.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 03, 2014 04:23PM

I find it hard not to believe in global warming, but I heard Rush chortling over this yesterday and thought he was making it up or exaggerating. And then this morning I listened to the national news on the radio and they said they were scientists on a "research" expedition but made no mention of the global warming aspect. So it seemed as if they were deliberately withholding info.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: January 04, 2014 04:00PM

Fox and Greg Gutfeld acknowledge the mission's purpose: [www.realclearpolitics.com]

Date: January 04, 2014 04:31PM

banana who's favorite - the Faux News 'babes' smiling smiley

Date: January 07, 2014 01:39AM

I think the Global Warming Alarmists are saying that the Decrease in Arctic Ice is due to Global Warming and "The Climate"; but the Increase in Arctic Ice is due to "The Weather", not Global Warming. Yes, that makes sense eye rolling smiley

Research Ship Trapped in Antarctic Ice Because of Weather, not Climate Change

[www.theguardian.com]

"In fact, the local weather patterns that brought about the rapid build up of ice that trapped the Academik Shokalskiy tell us very little about global warming. This is weather, not climate.

Regionally, climate change can vary markedly across the Earth so to detect human influences on the climate system climate scientists must consider the Earth as a whole."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables