Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Japan WW2 soldier who refused to surrender Hiroo Onoda dies
Posted by: anon101 ()
Date: January 20, 2014 12:40AM

amazing story. I have his book "No Surrender: My Thirty-Year War". Talk about dedication and commitment to a cause, whoo! Wish I had some of that commitment that I could apply to raw food living.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

[en.wikipedia.org]

[www.nytimes.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Japan WW2 soldier who refused to surrender Hiroo Onoda dies
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: January 20, 2014 01:06AM

"a soldier who believed that the emperor was a deity and the war a sacred mission; who survived on bananas and coconuts and sometimes killed villagers he assumed were enemies; who finally went home to the lotus land of paper and wood which turned out to be a futuristic world of skyscrapers, television, jet planes and pollution and atomic destruction."

Well that's an instance where we can relate to both sides - his and the villagers.

But I guess that's what makes the Asians so strong - dedication, perseverance. I bet they could work in an Amazon Warehouse without falling to pieces.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: January 20, 2014 06:17PM

He sounds like a tough guy who was also a total slave to the system. I can't believe he lived to 91 after eating all that fatty coconut. smiling smiley

Posted by: anon101 ()
Date: January 21, 2014 10:17PM

HH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I can't believe he lived to 91 after eating all that fatty coconut. smiling smiley

Yeah I know, lol! He said he would boil sliced green bananas, skin and all, with dried meat(if he had) in coconut milk. That's what he would eat most of the time. He said it wasn't good but that's what he had. He said they shot cows and sometimes water buffalos and horses. But many times they didn't have meat so they had to be contented with bare green bananas. He said they didn't eat rice much even though it was grown a lot by farmers because it was too much trouble to hull it. Of course they stole almost everything and were the bane of the locals' existence. He said they used to examine their waste and urine every day to get an idea of their health.
I would think good genes, no chemical laden food, clean air and water, inner drive and sun were among the factors that contributed to his longevity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables