Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A proposal to divide California into 6 states
Posted by: HH ()
Date: February 20, 2014 01:34AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A proposal to divide California into 6 states
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 20, 2014 01:09PM

Wow, I love it! The centralized Federal Government has taken too much power from the states and we need to get back to more local government. It'll be a good experiment to see what works and what doesn't. I bet the Free-Market Capitalism fiscally conservative limited government ends up as the best. But with the caveat - and this goes for all states and cities in the US - No Bailouts. If a sovereign city or state goes Bankrupt, that's on them. I'm sick of bailouts and welfare. Make your own choices and decisions and live with the consequences.

Date: February 20, 2014 05:37PM

What? That's bad! Never thought of that eye rolling smiley

Date: February 22, 2014 02:07AM

Don't have time to listen now, but will check it out later. Does he say that the for sure Republicans would come from Jefferson?

Date: February 22, 2014 02:42AM

Levin is concerned that we would be sending more Democrat Senators to D.C. Professor Eastman said he could see it ending up 6 and 6. He said Central Valley, SanDiego and Orange County could be Republican, Northern CA could go Republican. He said Silicon Valley could vote sensibly, and Mark Levin said - Don't hold your breath eye rolling smiley

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: February 23, 2014 12:23AM

I live in Ca. and the buzz up and down the state is not six states,
Just One we are talking about letting you all go.
Also a fence around TEX Arz and fla. so there is no outbreak, It must be contained or we cut the food off.

Date: February 23, 2014 01:23AM

riverhousebill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Also a fence around TEX Arz and fla. so there is
> no outbreak, It must be contained or we cut the
> food off.

What? I don't get that.

Date: February 24, 2014 01:03AM

Update on Splitting California -

What Happens To California If Silicon Valley Became A State, In 7 Charts

[techcrunch.com]

"At least one wealthy tech investor wants to encourage California’s latent separatist tendencies and slice California into six different states, including one State of Silicon Valley. Per California law, no matter unlikely or odd a proposed ballot proposition is the Secretary of State and the Legislative Analysts Office release a report to voters on a bill’s potential economic impacts [PDF]. Usually, ballot proposition analysis is pretty dry, but making Silicon Valley it’s own state? This was one was a lot more interesting.

Here’s what California thinks could happen if voters approve Tim Draper’s proposition to split California into six states."

Date: February 24, 2014 02:10AM

Unless cooperative agreements were reached between the new states, the logistics of dividing current states into smaller states would be insanely complicated and probably really expensive. That's my first take at least. Not everyone of those areas will be equipped with a state prison system for example.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables