Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Another Breatharian Documentry Coming!
Posted by: jericho sunfire ()
Date: July 20, 2009 08:04PM

Here´s the trailer....

[www.youtube.com]

JS

JERICHO SUNFIRE-BASIC TRAINING
www.jerichosunfire.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another Breatharian Documentry Coming!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 20, 2009 08:22PM

I don't believe in breatharianism, it's ridiculous.

Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: July 20, 2009 08:36PM

Ive never heard of this. I find it hard to believe. If this was achiveable then there would be no starving people

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 20, 2009 08:45PM

Hellokitty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ive never heard of this. I find it hard to
> believe. If this was achiveable then there would
> be no starving people

Yes absolutely Hellokitty. And it's got nothing to do with the subject of this board.

I've often seen people trying to throw raw foodists in with breathanarianism and other nonsense, if I were being cynical I might say it's actually supported by the top health officials just to discredit raw foods as a viable option.

Obviously the FDA and USDA love nothing better than aligning them all together, you should see the Fruitarian page on wikipedia for example.

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: July 20, 2009 09:23PM

Doctors and experts are baffled by an Indian hermit who claims not to have eaten or drunk anything for several decades - but is still in perfect health:

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: July 20, 2009 09:35PM

I would beleive it if I actually saw it for myself, but I dont really buy. Like I said in my last post there would be no starving people in this world it this was true. And if not eating was natuarl all the people who were starving would suddenly find themselves to be fine, Ive been 1 month on raw foods I know thats not long but Im fine If this was not natual I would start to feel sick.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 20, 2009 09:48PM

Where does a Breatharian get their protein ?

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 20, 2009 10:15PM

I have a very open mind to alternative ideas, but from the first time I looked at this I thought it was pure bunk. Living on air alone??? Not possible, because the government couldn't tax & regulate it...wait, on second thought I suppose they could find a way. :-(

That being said, I am sure that one could "wean" themselves down to a very minimal intake of food & water. Most folks overeat way more than they need to, at least from what I see in this country.

But the Breatharian concept is just too over the edge for me to believe in. If one could live with me & I could observe it, then I would become a believer, I suppose.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 20, 2009 11:56PM

EZ rider Wrote:
> Where does a Breatharian get their protein ?
There have been many documented cases of Breatarianism....
most notably in "Autobiography of a Yogi", where three examples are
mentioned.
Protein?....the Nitrogen in the air is converted to nutrition. Most
Breatharians do better at high altitudes.
P.S. Don't try this at home.

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: July 21, 2009 12:04AM

If an advanced spiritual state is required to be a breatharian then breatharians and starving people could both exist.

Date: July 21, 2009 12:08AM

WY -

I know about some of the documented cases, but I remember reading about a well known female Breatharian a short while back, who was doing this for a long time. (allegedly) There was a film crew following her around 24/7 to document her story & she became delirious/sick from lack of food & water.

She blamed it on "polluted air" that made her sick, although the film crew wasn't affected. I don't know...I am so very skeptic of it all...

You can read her story on Wikipedia - Jasmuheen (born Ellen Greve)

She is quoted by the Correx Archives as saying, regarding how much she eats:

"Generally not much at all. Maybe a few cups of tea and a glass of water, but now and then if I feel a bit bored and I want some flavour, then I will have a mouthful of whatever it is I'm wanting the flavour of. So it might be a piece of chocolate or it might be a mouthful of a cheesecake or something like that."

Interesting... To each their own - I will stick with juice & smoothies!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 21, 2009 12:40AM

There are, indeed, people who live on prana -- not necessarily air, but the invisible universal energy that is all around us. Scoff if you will; all you have to do is a little research on Google and you will find them. (Weeding out the many charlatains-- beware, there are quite a few who are not really breatharians, and have commercialized it in a decidedly unspiritual manner.)

Is this subject completely unrelated to raw food diet? Maybe, but maybe not. :-) Perhaps at first glance, yes, but on't judge too hastily-- take a wait and see attitude. If you are a raw foodist for a long time, you may very well find yourself suddenly one day looking into these higher truths and realizing with crystal clarity that there is a sunlit evolutionary path of the highest order that naturally follows from raw foodism, if one is so inclined to follow it.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 21, 2009 12:44AM

> Like I said in my last post there would be no starving people in this world it this was true. And if not eating was natuarl all the people who were starving would suddenly find themselves to be fine, Ive been 1 month on raw foods I know thats not long but Im fine If this was not natual I would start to feel sick.<

But it doesn't work that way. One doesn't just decide one day to be a breatharian. The body and mind have to undergo quite a detoxification and purification to accomodate the art of assimilating energy and vitality from finer energies of the universe. In most people it is a gradual, very conscious process.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 21, 2009 12:47AM

I will say this much;

When I go on an extending juice fast, especially cleansing/detox fasts, I notice an "awakening" of my spirit.inner being if you will. It is a wonderful feeling, a "high" of sorts & I definantly feel much more in touch an an inner peace that is normally lacking.

Date: July 21, 2009 01:48AM

juicerkatz--

Isn't juicing amazing in that way!? Almost any kind of fasting, if I apply myself to it for more than a handful of days, puts me in a totally different space than my normal worldly, waking life. Each time I am amazed at how effortless it is to enter a sort of inner paradise and a blissful sense of blessed peace and joy for the duration, just by letting go of the need to constantly feed my face.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 21, 2009 05:51AM

breatharinism is something perhaps i wouldnt ever be able to do but i dont discount that some people can do it.

starving people who are starving because of circumstance arent not eating out of choice or free will and dont have the clarity or mental capacity to invoke such thing .. they are in survival mode either out of nessicity or bad choice or circumstance

there is a difference between lack of control and absolute control smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 21, 2009 03:57PM

Breatharianism has nothing to do with starvation infact Breatharianism goes way beyond food or the so called hunger for it, infact the hunger you think you feel isn´t really hunger anyway. All this is in the documentry, this is why I posted here and other places so people will actually get a chance to see it from a different angle.

Anybody that really knows me knows that for years I said the same as you guys but over time I began to see the light so to speak, I still don´t agree with what the experts say about it, infact as you will see in the doc, my view is totally off the wall.

JS

www.jerichosunfire.com

Date: July 21, 2009 04:01PM

Yeah Kwan, I´m finding that Breatharianism has no place within the raw community, heck Fruitarianism is just about accepted in the raw community but I think awareness still needs to be raised and the long time rawfoodist that do stick around still need an avenue to pass on their wisdom knowledge.As you know Kwan there´s many changes coming that we need to prepare for.

So I ghues I´m a party crasher now onj the raw food scene but I choose now to just do what I do and let the chips fall where they may, either way I´ll be having a blast.

JS

www.jerichosunfire.com

Date: July 21, 2009 04:10PM

Ha,ha...yes don´t try it at home, infact I don´t recommend anybody try it....you´ll see in the doc...

Years of hard work has gone into this both mentally and physically, mentally because of all the conditioning that you have to let go of and physically because of all the physical changes your body wants to make in order to get back to it´s original state.

When people read these kind of posts they automatically want to assume that it´s about waking up and deciding to be a Breatharian but it the opposite, it´s about going with the flow over years and years of learning from mistakes, cleansing, hard work and slow progress, after all, once you stop eating cooked food the body will go on auto pilot, always working on going back to it´çs original state, the issue here is that the original state goes so far against what we have been taught that it fills most folks with extreme fear and dread.

JS

www.jerichosunfire.com

Date: July 21, 2009 04:21PM

jericho sunfire Wrote:
> So I ghues I´m a party crasher now onj the raw
> food scene but I choose now to just do what I do
> and let the chips fall where they may, either way
> I´ll be having a blast.
I don't think talking about Breatharianism on this
Raw Food forum is out of place at all. If anyone is ready to advance
to another level, we need to know what that level is. Plus, we need
an example of someone who is there, and can talk about it.
I, for one, am glad you're posting JS. Keep us informed.....WY

Date: July 21, 2009 04:49PM

> don't think talking about Breatharianism on this
Raw Food forum is out of place at all. If anyone is ready to advance
to another level, we need to know what that level is. Plus, we need
an example of someone who is there, and can talk about it.
I, for one, am glad you're posting JS. Keep us informed.....WY<

I second all of the above! I hope folks will ALWAYS welcome Jericho's contributions to this board; I, for one, always look forward to seeing his posts and hearing about his latest adventures.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 21, 2009 09:39PM

Yeah, I hope I didn't come across the wrong way in my response posts either; It is just the way I happen to view the Breatharian concept of living. As one that was raised in a Christian setting, the idea of Breatharian living is way out there for me personally. I would never engage in it, but if you are happy with it, then it is a good thing for you.

Date: July 21, 2009 10:04PM

juicerkatz Wrote:
> ....... I would never engage in it, but if you
> are happy with it, then it is a good thing for
> you.
Katz....the way I understand it is you don't just decide,
out of the blue, to become a Breatharian. It's something you just
know is right, or not right, for you by your own individual Evolution.
With me, it's a possibility....WY
P.S. The Breatharian you referred to (Jasmuheen) still takes in liquids,
so technically is a Liquidarian.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 21, 2009 10:53PM

jericho sunfire

Keep your pearls
people with superior paradigms
will be the ones to lead the world

the ramifications are mind boggling
stopping world hunger is one of them
hunger is vastly in the mind
if one thinks one will die without food
then it is guaranteed that they will

if one has absolutely no doubt they will not die
and are willing to go through the years of rigors
to adapt the mind and body to living off prana

then i have no doubt it is possible
look at what all the plants and trees do

they live off prana

there is no hole in their trunk
to spoon feed them

chunks of solid foods

thanks for being a light in this community

Date: July 22, 2009 02:11AM

Yeah, I ain´t going anywhere, I´m not here to force feed anybody or say my way is the best or only way forward, I´m just posting this info for those that are open to it, if you feel you need to express your anger at the idea or express interest at the idea it´s all up to you. I think that the message has to have an outlet and as Kwan said, it´s for those that are ready to advance, the rest can do and say what they want on the matter.

LV is correct, if you believe it is not possible then you are right, if you believe that for you it´s possible then you are right....so much of this conditioning is in the mind, we are conditioned from the womb to be dumbed down and desensitized. Even so I was very surprised to see so many people in this thread dismiss the idea straight away leaving no room for advancement.

As for the raw food boards being the right place for this subject, I believe it is because I started off as a Fruitarian and I believe that the levels of progress are still relevant and I have always questioned why the long term raw food gurus are not making progression towards Liquidarianism or Breatharianism, I think every raw board needs a Liquidarian or Breatharian section as I believe the road to Breatharianism starts the day you give up cooked foods and not years after.

Yes, WY, going Breatharian is not something you decide to do or be one morning and it´s not for everybody, you have to find out what your original state is first, see doc for explanation. Breatharianism goes way beyond food and taps into who you are as a soul/spirit, so to say that you can cure world hunger with it is kinda off the mark, that´s like saying you can use chewing gum to stop a sinking ship from taking in water.

Anyway as Kwan said, the message needs to get out that there´s better examples of Breatharians than Jasmuheen and wily brooks who seem to be the folks that the naysayers jump to to poo poo the idea. They do more damage than good, it´s unfortunate but thats how it ended up for them.

Oh and just one thing to think about....how many people have scoffed or reacted angrilly at you when you try to explain that you only eat raw foods.

JS

www.jerichosunfire.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 02:15AM by jericho sunfire.

Date: July 22, 2009 02:23AM

juicerkatz Wrote:
> Yeah, I hope I didn't come across the wrong way in
> my response posts either; It is just the way I
> happen to view the Breatharian concept of living.
> As one that was raised in a Christian setting, the
> idea of Breatharian living is way out there for me
> personally. I would never engage in it, but if you
> are happy with it, then it is a good thing for
> you.

You say you are Christian right...ok, so would you say that God is Breatharian, if not what does he eat, if he is indeed a Breatharian are we still shaped in his image/likeness....and how is it easy to believe that God as you have been taught can exist in all his natural glory but an actual living breathing man shaped in the image and likeness of God cannot.

Either way, I´m juss messing with you....the idea of God being an old white guy with white robes is as way out for me as Breatharianism is for you but the difference is that I don´t have to express it. I already know Breatharianism is possible but when I see it from a religious view to me it´s even more obvious that it´s possible and we are simply being dumbed down to the fact that we are all divine beings.

JS

www.jerichosunfire.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 02:28AM by jericho sunfire.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 22, 2009 08:29AM

Jericho Sunfire:

I repeat posted this on hellokitty's thread concerning what to do for the company dinner. I think that one either comes from a place of strength ( love) or fear ( weakness). It is refreshing whenever someone acts out of a place of strength. You say that Jasmuheen and Wiley Brooks is used to discredit breatharianism. I don't think it really matters. There are also a few examples where people have successfully "proved" that breatharianism is possible however they too are discredited as well. "We believe what we wish to believe, see what we wish to see and hear what we wish to hear." Everyone has the ability to explore and respond for themselves what their true nature is, whether it is breatharianism or even something else completely unrelated. Why one looks to others for inspiration or "proof" is beyond me. That is a resignation of one's own true power to explore truth for oneself. It is first imperative to be an inspiration to oneself otherwise other people's accomplishments or failures are simply a futile exercise in spectatorship.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." The above speech by Nelson Mandela was orignally written by Marianne Williamson who is the author of other similar material."

Date: July 22, 2009 12:50PM

la_veronique Wrote:
> Jericho Sunfire:
>
> I repeat posted this on hellokitty's thread
> concerning what to do for the company dinner. I
> think that one either comes from a place of
> strength ( love) or fear ( weakness). It is
> refreshing whenever someone acts out of a place of
> strength. You say that Jasmuheen and Wiley Brooks
> is used to discredit breatharianism. I don't think
> it really matters. There are also a few examples
> where people have successfully "proved" that
> breatharianism is possible however they too are
> discredited as well. "We believe what we wish to
> believe, see what we wish to see and hear what we
> wish to hear." Everyone has the ability to
> explore and respond for themselves what their true
> nature is, whether it is breatharianism or even
> something else completely unrelated. Why one looks
> to others for inspiration or "proof" is beyond
> me. That is a resignation of one's own true power
> to explore truth for oneself. It is first
> imperative to be an inspiration to oneself
> otherwise other people's accomplishments or
> failures are simply a futile exercise in
> spectatorship.
>
> "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
> Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond
> measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that
> most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to
> be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
> Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child
> of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the
> world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking
> so that other people won't feel insecure around
> you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We
> are born to make manifest the glory of God that is
> within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in
> everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we
> unconsciously give other people permission to do
> the same. As we are liberated from our own fear,
> our presence automatically liberates others." The
> above speech by Nelson Mandela was orignally
> written by Marianne Williamson who is the author
> of other similar material."

I totally agree LV....all we can do is share, people will only see, hear or believe what they want to....I tell pèople to not sit and be inspired but to get up and take action.

It was the same when I went Fruitarian, I was told it was impossible but as you said you either come from a place of strength or you are living in fear of being great.....

JS

www.jerichosunfire.com

Date: July 22, 2009 03:53PM

LaV & Jer--
Busting paradigms, releasing more and more light into the world--- love it!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: OkunDeji ()
Date: July 22, 2009 07:48PM

The missing link!?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables