Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: What is your Purpose?
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: September 16, 2009 03:50PM

wheatgrass yogi..

as far as i know.....Kingdom of Heavan is the same for anybody who is looking forward to it.

jj

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 16, 2009 04:29PM

i thought of something else to add...

....anyone who truly loves God would automatically love Jesus...whether they realize it or not.

sometimes the churches have made big mistakes in the past so we have to keep that in mind.

Jesus taught that God is love and that we must love our neighbors as we love ourselves. so anybody is included as long as they truly love God with all their heart mind and soul. Jesus is probably the most important person to ever bring it to our attention in a simple to understand way.

Kingdom of Heavan is an inner state which we can find if we decide to wake up from having eyes that don't see and ears which do not hear.

the word repent properly translated from the greek means... to change our way of thinking. so repentence is definitely in order as regards the Kingdom of Heavan.

anybody is allowed "in" if they go about it the correct way...is what i'm trying to say.

juicin' john

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2009 04:36PM by juicin' john.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 16, 2009 08:04PM

I don't believe for one second that all the stories told about Jesus are true and truly about one person BUT i do think that those stories illustrate 'Jesus Consciousness' and that is something that I find quite uplifting and a worthy goal to aspire to. The question WWJD is a good one for everybody to ask when you think about it that way.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 17, 2009 12:01PM

coco.....your purpose is to disagree with me
on the sources of Vitamin B12. LOL. I was going to post a reply
to you at Kitty's Topic, but Bryan had disabled it. I under-
stand that some Raw Foodists eat Egg Yolks for the B12.
Do you supplement?......WY

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 17, 2009 01:49PM

WY,

I thought it was pretty much settled that fasting resolves B12 deficiency/uptake issues?

juicin' john,

So do you mean that even if one consciously denies the Christian cosmology, one could by coincidence achieve an intrinsic Kingdom of Heaven as it exists objectively to people who do subscribe to the Christian cosmology? That is, say, like coco, you don't exactly believe the Bible's stories of Jesus, could you still achieve your higher purpose by living as the Biblical Jesus did? How would you then define the Kingdom of Heaven--how would a non-believer know they have attained this as a fulfillment of purpose? If your purpose is to live selflessly and feed and clothe and shelter the poor, have you attained the Kingdom of Heaven?

coco,

I think the "Jesus" described in the Bible was arguably a highly evolved individual, real or trope, and someone both aware of his purpose and someone who unequivocally lived it.

Date: September 17, 2009 02:11PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WY,
> I thought it was pretty much settled that fasting
> resolves B12 deficiency/uptake issues?
I've never heard that, but it does make sense.
Where do you get your information?.....WY

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 17, 2009 05:27PM

My thinking goes along the lines that Jesus was the Universal consciousness personified. He tapped into that consciousness that is available to all,Christian or not.

Vinny

Date: September 17, 2009 07:35PM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
> coco.....your purpose is to disagree with me

Sometimes my friend, sometimes....

> on the sources of Vitamin B12. LOL. I was going to
> post a reply
> to you at Kitty's Topic, but Bryan had disabled
> it. I under-
> stand that some Raw Foodists eat Egg Yolks for the
> B12.
> Do you supplement?......WY

We recently started taking a b12 supplement, the kids and I. The librarian in town has free happy hens and no rooster and hens will lay so she often has eggs to give away. Not a topic for this board so we won't discuss it here. Let's just say that I do go to the library on occasion but not as much as I used to. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2009 07:41PM by coco.

Date: September 17, 2009 07:35PM

oops, double post. that's weird!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2009 07:40PM by coco.

Date: September 17, 2009 09:42PM

WY,

I got the info here, on these boards, but it was many months ago and probably on a thread posted by a newbie asking something like, "How do you deal with B12 deficiency?" Too lazy to do a search, dearie, but I know I'm not hallucinating it : )

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 18, 2009 08:20PM

i wonder what animals' feel is the purpose in their lives

i wonder if they feel that just " being" is enough

do you think human beings are the only animal species that discuss such things?

sometimes i wish i could think like an animal other than human

would seem more simple

just be

Date: September 18, 2009 08:33PM

smiling smiley
From the look on my cats face every day,it would seem he is fine just "being".Any deviation from that is usually a look of wanting some more food,or wanting his box scooped out.
Ahhh.....to be a cat..

Vinny

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 18, 2009 11:49PM

i don't wanna be a cat

especially not a household cat

better to be a snow leopard instead

Date: September 19, 2009 12:32AM

tamukha

let me first say that the Kingdom of Heavan is an inner state and not an outer place. it is an inner state of developement a man can reach.

and yes i believe that the process of reaching this inner state is independent of consciuosly denying or subscribing to the Christian cosmology. many people who subscribe to this doctrine are almost entirely literal and sensual in their understanding of the Bible and sad to say they know much less than than estimate.

a sufficient amount of inaccuracy of historical details about the life of Christ may in many cases not allow literally minded people to believe.

any external, literal, sense based interpretation of the Bible is bound to lead one to a very shallow appreciation of the incredible depth of meaning which is expressed throughout the Gospels.

for example:

Matthew 13 contains the entire everything necessary to understand what the Kingdom of Heavan is and what a true seeker need do to resonate with it.

in many ways the "subscribing" modern day Christians are very much like the pharisees of old. they have adopted their own law based on what they think is true and are "literal to the letter" interpreting it and just as intolerable as their pharissaic counterparts. their truths are sometimes harsh and without mercy.

Christ on the other hand taught from the Good. he placed Good above truth and was repeatedly criticized for his doing so. truth must lead to Good and then Good is first and truth secondary to it. what was first has later become last.

Good is internal to truth because it is higher than truth. truth understood rightly should lead to the internal man. any truth practiced for outward virtue cannot do so.

Christ is the union of Good and truth. Good is above truth and all truth should lead to Good. the Law was given by Moses but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.(charity,grace, and Good united with truth)

the Gospel of John was written in a different way than the first three gospels. it was written from grace and good....the emotional feeling of what Christ stood for in the World and not from the side of truth devoid of grace and good. the external side sense based, literal, of the earth and many times harsh and unmerciful.

Christ taught:

repentence( metanoia...change of thought)
rebirth (furthur evolution to a higher possibility of self)
Kingdom of Heavan ( that higher possibiliy which is found within)

by non- believer in your next to the last question i am assuming that you are referring again to Christian cosmology which btw: i personally consider to be mor in the realm of "truth" as compared to Good. i would say that such a person may indeed be a believer and that the progress of their sincere inner work would eventually bear fruit which they could notice and eventually confirm. (this is not to say that self deception through some form of egoism could not happen to them without their being aware of it)

to live selflessly and feed and clothe and shelter the poor in itself is no substitute for the type of inner work required for this evolved state of developement. i cannot see how it could harm one and i can see possibly how it could evan help one along the way.

in the light of the Kingdom of Heavan..humanity is an experiment in inner evolution. there is a high leval of man within and it is possible to connect with it.

thanks for the questions...

juicin' john

Date: September 19, 2009 05:41PM

Thanks for the answers, juicin' john : )

Date: September 19, 2009 05:57PM

juicin' john Wrote:
> in the light of the Kingdom of Heavan..humanity is
> an experiment in inner evolution. there is a high
> leval of man within and it is possible to connect
> with it.
I'm with you JJ. May we all 'connect' with our Inner
Man, and achieve new heights that we never thought were possible.
I believe a change of our body chemistry from Acid to
Alkaline must be done first. This is accomplished with Diet.....WY

Date: September 20, 2009 12:41AM

Wow WY,
That is a very interesting thing to say ,about the alkaline condition.
I do think diet is very spiritually oriented.
MUCH more than the average person can comprehend.

Vinny

Date: September 20, 2009 01:53AM

i came across a very interesting page in a book i was reading today and i thought it would be nice to share...here it is:

God's justice "is not mocked; whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap"
(Gal.VI:7).

under the laws that operate in earth every present "now" is the result of previous movements or actions in the past, which so to speak, bind it and hold it down and are opposed to its growth.

every event is the result of the interaction of three forces.

the power of past actions cannot be altered _ that is an inexorable law of the process of "becoming" _ but they only represent one force.

that upon which they act is another force.

and it lies within our power to alter our reactions to the inevitable results of the past, by trying to change our attitude towards others and towards ourselves through a the action of the third force which is God's grace.

it is this third force which guards and protects us from slipping back into old ways of thinking and feeling, and so becoming again bound by our past. and without God's grace we can do nothing.

the flow of God's grace is, in a sense, a continuing miracle.

but the condition for the performance of this miracle is the change of attitude on our part that constitutes forgiveness, just as the condition for the performance of Christ's miracles of healing was faith on the part of those who prayed to be made whole.

for, this change of attitude causes the forces resulting from our previous actions to have a different effect when they impinge upon us.

this is the wonderfully simple and practical way for us to escape the just fruition of the results of our actions_ it is the chink in the prison wall.

from: "A Recapitualation of the Lord's Prayer" _ anonymous author

Date: September 20, 2009 04:31PM

JJ.....I think you're coming on 'too strong' with
your Religion. It just can't be the way to present an idea
to other people. You're 'whipping' us.
I also think there are as many 'Paths' as there are people,
which is Blasphemy according to the Christian Doctrine.....WY
P.S. Our Doctrine is Universal, not just for the select few.

Date: September 20, 2009 09:41PM

It took me years to get comfortable with this but now whenever anyone speaks or writes of G_d I hear my own personal meaning behind their words. When they say Jesus I hear Jesus Consciousness. When they say heaven or hell I hear my own concepts of those things in this physical manifestation. True, it can be challenging with fundamentalists but it's still possible to hear the universal truth behind the words, no matter how they say it.
I agree, many paths to one destination. They all run parallel to my way of thinking. Look beside you, there is a man walking the Buddhist way, on the other side a Muslim woman. We may think we're going in different directions but that's just an illusion.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: September 21, 2009 10:14AM

Nice coco smiling smiley

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables