Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Mystery Couple Starts "Magical" Chain Reaction
Posted by: Omega ()
Date: December 17, 2009 07:49PM

This is a great story!

---------------------

Mystery Couple Starts "Magical" Chain Reaction

For five hours, strangers bought each other meals at a Philly diner

[www.nbcphiladelphia.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mystery Couple Starts "Magical" Chain Reaction
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 17, 2009 08:35PM

This is such a wonderful story! I'm kind of sad it isn't more commonplace an occurrence . . .

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: December 17, 2009 10:53PM

Thats fairly cool, thanks for posting Omega. It just goes to show that despite the pressures which can make many people seem amoral or even hostile by nature, the basic motivational force aligns with goodness.

Tam, IMO this kind of thing happens non stop as a part of everyday life, just in forms which people don't necessarily recognise the same way. If you look at the bonding and sharing that goes on between workmates, family, friends, and even neighbours, benevolence is commonplace and what is uncommon, is when stresses cause breakdowns in this natural flow.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 18, 2009 05:03AM

I love it when people do that!
I found this online a couple of days ago and it really inspired me; it's kind of exactly in the same vein:

Spirit is Givingness, the Givingness of the Self to the Self, Self Completeness at each point, no point ever short of Complete Fulfillment of All, even for a nanosecond. Giving is Spirit Being. There never is a withholding; there is only Being, and Being never has a "gettingness" about it, just a givingness.

You are Spirit, therefore your entire nature is to GIVE. You cannot give sporadically as some kind of formula to make Spirit "work" for you. You ARE that Spirit, that ONE. You ARE your entire world, there is no other. There is not a world you can somehow prosper or bring harmony or health to, by "using" Spirit.

Giving is our one and only state of being, of continual out-pouring, continual expression of love. You cannot give sporadically and expect to experience harmony, wealth and health anymore than the sun can give its light and heat sporadically and expect a harmonious and joyous universe.

Give every day, every hour, every moment! Give to a homeless person, a beggar, a charity shop. Send some money to all the charities that write to you, or people with collection boxes in the street and supermarkets. Do not judge which is more worthy of giving to than another, because that is purely personalized interpretation, not impersonal spirit. Even send some money - £5 or £10 or more if you can - to someone in the address book, as a complete surprise, without the recipient ever knowing where their gift came from, or why.

Give, give, GIVE continually! - "both" spiritually and materially. You can give spirit infinitely because you HAVE and ARE infinite spirit. With material giving, start small, or very small, if your current spiritual awareness is such that, at this moment, the "outer" fruitage is small. But realize that as you start BEING the givingness that Spirit Is, you will quickly witness success and wealth everywhere in your life and career.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 18, 2009 05:05AM

Oh, I forgot to give the source: It's from Paul Gorman at www.miracleself.com

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 18, 2009 08:30PM

Hmmm..
I actually don't relate to that Kwan winking smiley. To me, that segment is fairly materialistic in its perspective, quantifying the act of giving with a physical substance. IMO giving can be a gardeners care for their plants, an adults mindfulness of a stray child, or a citizens considerate intervention to remove an obstruction that has been left on a roadway.

All these things are giving, and if we limit our perception of it to be only that which translates into a quantifiable substance, it sets up a pattern of polar judgement that actually undermines the very favour it wishes to instill. I believe that you already know this, but I just felt it worth reiterating when presented with such an ambiguous statement.

Date: December 19, 2009 05:50AM

Point well taken, Lightform. I wasn't listening to everything he was saying; I was just grooving on the idea of give-give-giving! A lot of metaphysicans are kind of materialistic in their perspective, though, so I see what you mean. Giving and being generous with the idea in the back of your mind that 'this is going to make me rich and bring all kinds of abundance into my life' is beyond bogus.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 19, 2009 06:19AM

You know, on second thought, Lightform, your response sort of makes me uncomfortable. You seem to have singled me out for a lot of critique on the board in recent months, and I'm not sure that I can make sense of why. Maybe my posts are genuinely bad and I need to be lectured, I don't know. But my gut level response is to just spend a whole lot less time on the rawfoods board and go where people are a little more lighthearted and friendly.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: December 19, 2009 07:34AM

Sharrhan,
You would be sadly missed if you did that. I hope you don't leave us. Please know that your comments are appreciated by me and I'm sure by many others. However, be where you are happy. (I just hope that includes here some of the time.)

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 19, 2009 12:52PM

kwan,

Please don't go! And I don't think Lightform is singling you out in at all a hostile way[note L's rejoinder to me, above]. You two just seem to have divergent views on human nature at times. You and I have disagreed about things like this in the past, but it hasn't meant I don't respect you or value your opinions, right?

Well, if you must leave, I hope where you go fills you with joy and that you know you will be missed here : )

Date: December 19, 2009 02:58PM

Hey friends, I'll still be around. I was just venting. ;-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: December 19, 2009 03:40PM

Hi kwan,

If the text that you quoted inspired YOU, then that's the most important thing.

It doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2009 03:41PM by Omega.

Date: December 19, 2009 10:16PM

Kwan smiling smiley
Surely you understand that I hold you in the highest respect ? Your expression is awesome !! If I seem to be "picking on you", or offering "opposition", then it could only be a result of my over enthusiastic responces to a persons comments that I find most stimulating.

I'm sorry if I get carried away... I think that I can get a bit intense sometimes. Or at least, I may not consider the comfort zone of the recipients who I am addressing thoroughly enough. I know that my mother who I love to bits can feel a bit "attacked" occasionally, when my investigative approach into sensitive areas may be a little too blunt.

I would stop posting here all together if you wished it.. although I rather imagine that you made your comment in a spur of the moment pang when it seemed that I may have been criticising you somehow ?

Your one of my personal heroes Kwan. Please don't mind my oftentimes frank opinions winking smiley

Date: December 20, 2009 12:51AM

Lightform--
Oh listen, I was just over-reacting. You and I are perfect reflections of each other: I often do the same type of in-depth dissection of others' assertions. I too get 'carried away' and 'a bit intense sometimes.' :-)

If you stopped posting here I'd be devastated because I also have enormous respect for you.

<<<<HUG>>>>

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables