Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Nifty Crafty view for you.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 20, 2010 03:37AM

She got the monkey and the other little creatures I put in the parcel for her two younger children and the one of the way. Needless to say, she was Very surprised! Ha ha, I love surprises!

Another monkey was received by a friend in the city in exchange for doing a bit of craft related shopping for me. So far his wife and mother have tried to convince him to hand it over to him but he's holding fast to his new voodoo sock monkey.
Take a look...

[www.flickr.com]

My favourite monkey so far. Must make more of the creepy cute ones!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 22, 2010 09:53PM

Ok guys, there are about 3 more pages of stuff here now. I've been making and mailing things off like a mad woman! The Alice in Wonderland art dolls, voodoo sock monkey and day of the dead sock monkey are my faves! Feel free to give me ideas, I'm still in a crafty mood...

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 13, 2010 05:21AM

Coco--
Where's the website (or websites, if plural) where you sell your stuff? I think you told me once, but I forget. I'm looking into Etsy-- I'm making tons of beadwork cuffs and chokers, and Etsy seems like the place for that kind of thing.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 16, 2010 02:26AM

I don't sell it anywhere, only if asked will I make an item for sale (3 sock monkeys sold to a friend recently and I left 2 in another friend's shop). I'm thinking about etsy but we'll see, I love to craft just for pleasure and I fear that making a business of it would stress me out and rob me of the enjoyment. I don't know, I have to think on it a bit.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 16, 2010 03:06AM

what if you just kept making so MUCH of it that you suddenly find that you have to purge it with financial benefits to make space for more smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: April 16, 2010 08:16PM

That's a goal. As soon as I finish something though I have an overwhelming urge to find it a good home. No sense it languishing in a drawer when it could be out there being enjoyed, right? If only I could find a thing that was quick and easy to make and simple enough that I didn't mind having a box of them hanging around. Any suggestions?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 16, 2010 10:48PM

i actually thought these were kinda cute , not sure how they would feel against the skin but who says you need to make necklaces out of them .. how bout key chains (ribbon and cap) or xmas decorations smiling smiley [www.shoponawhimsy.com] or maybe look on here for some nifty ideas smiling smiley [www.youcanmakethis.com] (personally i like the felt faux food on this site its cute under toys tongue sticking out smiley) and i realy think this is soooooooooo cute lol [www.youcanmakethis.com] wouldnt have to be crotched could be felt or fabric smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2010 10:53PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 17, 2010 04:48AM

>I love to craft just for pleasure and I fear that making a business of it would stress me out and rob me of the enjoyment<

Coco, I know exactly that feeling! In my visual art, silk painting and beading endeavors I struggled with that for years and years. Only on occasion did I sell my stuff in galleries or at craft fairs. Recently, however, I've somehow managed to start enjoying making things with other people and even **SALES** in mind, and I try to make 2 or 3 new items every day. I'm looking to put my beadwork on Etsy and give it a whirl. You're SO talented. Maybe at some point you'll want to sell some of your things. I find that if I get on a roll with a particular style of thing (like the cuffs I've been making) and just keep churning them out with ever-evolving designs and embellishments, before going on to a totally different type of item, the work goes faster and it's less stressful.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 04, 2010 12:16AM

Shar, I'm gonna give you a run for your crafting money soon! You're prolific but I've got some projects on the go that will have me busy and fill up flickr with tons of new pics.

There's a bunch of new stuff here that I made and some things I got in swaps too.
[www.flickr.com]

Date: May 29, 2010 01:59PM

I did a few swaps recently that have been received so there are some new pics up in flickr now. The first few are num zuke pasta and then some of the baby's owies where she fell on concrete but after that it gets thick with crafts.

Are you guys making anything? Show me please!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables