Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

After trying to get others to pay for their security, Harry and Meghan go house-hunting in Bel Air
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: April 19, 2020 03:47PM

Amusing Article for the Celebrity Worshippers -

After trying to get others to pay for their security, Harry and Meghan go house-hunting in Bel Air

[www.americanthinker.com]

Three weeks ago, Prince Harry and his Trump-hating missus, Meghan Markle, sought to have the Canadian government pay for their annual security in their rented Vancouver hideaway following their exit from the British royal family. They wanted to continue to live like royals, but not in the private sector way, which is by paying for it. When Canada ultimately said no, it was time to pack up and go Hollywood.

According to TMZ:

As for why they went to Vancouver first for 2 weeks, before hopping on a plane and moving the brood to Tinseltown ... we're hearing 2 different things. First ... bad optics, moving from the UK directly to Hollywood. We've also heard they thought they'd be taken care of better in Canada, and were surprised when they realized fending for themselves there was tougher than they thought, especially when they were stripped of their royal titles.

It suggests that no-free-security for them was the deal-breaker on whether they'd stay in Canada.

Now that they're stateside, it's unknown whether they asked the U.S. to pony up for the security the Canadians refused to pay, but something suggests that in one way or another, they might have.

It would explain why President Trump, out of the blue, thought it necessary to tweet that the U.S. wouldn't be paying their security any more than the Canadians would. Trump's the sole arbiter on whether they would get it and with this tweet, he headed it off at the pass.

Donald J. Trump
?
@realDonaldTrump
I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!

The Trump-hating wayward royals then claimed they had their own security, thank you very much, though there was no explicit denial that they had ever asked for any from the states.

Now they're out house-hunting -- in Bel Air, one of the richest, toniest enclaves in all Los Angeles, a place that makes Beverly Hills look like a shantytown in comparison. No low-class Hollywood Hills for them, no trashy Malibu, it's off to the ultra-isolated enclave of the super duper uber-rich, where every mansion is its own gated community for them, and buying a house begins in the $10 million range for the cheap stuff.

Which rather raises questions about all that saga earlier about getting someone else to pay for their security. It turns out they have plenty of money for a mansion but need to get someone's taxpayers -- Britain's, Canada's or maybe America's -- pay for their security, so that they can buy a house in a place like Bel Air, and live in the accustomed style that they like.

Living within, or beneath their means, doing more with less, in order to get the unromantic things like security paid for, doesn't seem to be a concept that occurs to them. They have money for a Bel Air mansion, yet want someone else to pay for their security, something the other Bel Air rich pay for themselves.

Which speaks to an amazing sense of entitlement.

Most of us are willing to say, fine, dump the royal family, strike out on your own and live here in the states. But if you do that, you do what we do, and pay your own way.

No such luck with the Sussexes. They not only view taxpayers-first as a lifestyle choice, they also have sort of junior-like immaturity.

The last word is that old pops, Prince Charles is paying for their security, Which at their ages, is kind of embarrassing. Seems, they're always going to be dependent on someone. Which in the end, would explain their amazing hostility toward President Trump.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2020 03:47PM by Jennifer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: After trying to get others to pay for their security, Harry and Meghan go house-hunting in Bel Air
Date: April 19, 2020 04:17PM

Comments are good, like this one:

Trumps tweet wasn't "out of the blue". A reporter asked him if the US would pay for their security and he said no. I don't pay attention to this type of celebrity nonsense and even I heard about that. I think that Harry is finally realizing that he let himself get pulled around by his squeeze and it was a stupid idea.

".... do what we do, and pay your own way."

Once again the useful little question: who is we?

The United States has millions of kids still eating at school 7 days a week right now, because their parents can't be bothered to even use the WIC and SNAP and all the rest (paid for by someone else) to provide meals for them.

The United States has millions of illegal aliens who are collecting stimulus payments, Social Security, and Social Security Disability checks.

The United States has millions of refugees who were handed huge amount of cash upon their arrival here and continue to suck at the teat of the stupid hogg.

Sounds to me like the newest aliens are pretty much gittin' 'er done exactly like many millions of US residents....living beyond their means and expecting somebody else to foot the bill."

Bel Aire, eh? Does this mean that their next ploy is to sucker Gavin Newsom into haveing California pay for their security?

May I make a suggestion to Harry and Meghan? Move to Palmyra Island. It is due south of Hawaii, way down in the middle of nowhere. Nobody to bother them except the bugs and the rats. The nearest other island is Christmas Island, a British possession.

In short, please go away and vanish into nowhere and don't bother us any more. Poor Archie, that he has such parents. Maybe, just maybe, they will send Archie back to Britain to live with his Uncle Wills and Aunt Kate. He deserves a break.

Why are they allowed to even go house hunting? Aren't they supposed to be under house arrest like the rest of us? Can we get paid by Garcetti if we turn them in about not following distancing and house arrest guidelines?

Actually at this point the media should be writing about those two ingrates, showing them side by side with suffering Americans who have lost their jobs because of government actions. Let America get mad at them. they deserve the pariah status

Total gold diggers, both of them. Prince Harry was a cool dude. Hollywood Harry, not so much. He and his arm candy are no better then the crowd they hang around with. Regular Americans could care less about another liberal set of big mouths. Brits have always been a little off to the good people of America.

I thought Megan said that she would never live in the U.S. as long as Trump was President. That sure didn’t last long, which shows that Hollywood was always her intended destination.

If they are no longer Royals, why do they need private (or public) security? If they just want to live like “regular people” they should eschew security and mingle among the hoi polloi. I saw photos of them in jeans, looking scruffy and wearing face masks, apparently doing some kind of COVID-19 charity work in L.A.

Don't you mean COVID-19 virtue signaling?

Meghan & Harry are perfect examples of why the people on the Left are so pathetic & so determined to use virtue signalling for attention. Imagine having so little resources that the state has to provide you with food to eat & to get that food you have to swoon over Meghan & Harry because they delivered it. It's amazing how the poor are used by others to make themselves feel good. Just gross.

Harry will pay for the rest of his life, the chump!

YUP....the Sussexes will reside in Bel Air.....much the same way American Royals live. They'll just need to write a book and get a secret pre-publishing deal like the America hating harpy Michelle "O" has done...buy several mansions with undisclosed publishing agreements....sell the books by the pallet load to some library with more undisclosed funds....Meghan may need to pose for the cover of the book with one of those discreetly off the strapless shoulder blouse and the come "hither look"Michell seems to have perfected......just another "grifter" family but with royal training.

The Queen is a class act. She really is. That said, all of them since her are clowns.

I believe their 15 minutes is about up. Their tiresome act is souring quickly. Good luck to Archie. If he grows up to be anywhere near normal he’s lucky.

Well, they're supposed to have a review in a year to see if they really want out of the royal family. If they haven't been able to suckle at the public teat, chances are they will indeed hightail it back to England. I'm just disgusted with both of them. Meghan wouldn't let Harry go back to England to see Prince Charles when he was sick and she wouldn't let the queen see baby Archie because coronavirus, but it's okay to be running around in Los Angeles with all the coronavirus there? She's a deeply spiteful woman. And Harry's not off the hook, because it's his choice to let his wife lead him around by the nose. He must have had so much rage and resentment towards his family all these years to be so mean to them now.

Re: After trying to get others to pay for their security, Harry and Meghan go house-hunting in Bel Air
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: April 19, 2020 11:33PM

So sad The prince and princess bubble broken

Keep your head up my dear.

Peace to the cottages War On the castles!

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: April 24, 2020 11:59PM

When a country has more parasites than productive people, it ends up looking like what we've got now.

Date: May 07, 2020 07:55PM

I'm not usually into celebrity gossip or following the royals, but the Replies on Twitter are funny -

‘Meghan Doesn’t Like It’: Harry Sells Rifle Collection To Reportedly Please Meghan

[twitter.com]

Comments:

Pronoun = neutered

Sold his balls some time ago. Not surprised.

I bet he didn’t sell it to anyone in Canada.

He got rid of his guns to please his woman? BETA MALE!!!

Poor guy allowed a feminist to destroy his identity!

His balls are on ebay

Sooooo....

Let me get this right.

He has given up his royal status, an entire country of wealth, his country estates, moved out of his native country, gave up his guns, etc....

What has she given up?

Turn in your man card, Harry.

He really needs to grow a man bun.

Buy royal rifle collection, get Harry’s testicles free

Real wives understand their husband's warlike nature & rather than unarm them help them keep their swords sharp & in good order.

Lesson: Never marry a "woke" Hollywood actress.

She probably makes him sit while he's peeing lol

The queen took his titles.

His wife took his balls.

It’s all about her! I get hysterical when news say she was a famous actress! I never heard of the gold digger until she started hanging with him!

I read this as: "Ex-prince of England, now a jobless socialite, forced to pawn his belongings to support spendthrift trophy wife"

Harry used to be a man. Then he started hanging around liberal elitists and married Markle.

Imagine turning from the most wanted bachelor into this

What a wuss.

He gave all this up for a C list actress that's older than him and has already been married. It's literally impossible for her to be that good in bed.

Maybe he should just transition now. He’s obviously lost his man parts.

Date: May 07, 2020 07:57PM

I'm not usually into following the royals, but the Replies on Twitter are funny -

‘Meghan Doesn’t Like It’: Harry Sells Rifle Collection To Reportedly Please Meghan

[twitter.com]

Comments:

Pronoun = neutered

Sold his balls some time ago. Not surprised.

I bet he didn’t sell it to anyone in Canada.

He got rid of his guns to please his woman? BETA MALE!!!

Poor guy allowed a feminist to destroy his identity!

His balls are on ebay

Sooooo....

Let me get this right.

He has given up his royal status, an entire country of wealth, his country estates, moved out of his native country, gave up his guns, etc....

What has she given up?

Turn in your man card, Harry.

He really needs to grow a man bun.

Buy royal rifle collection, get Harry’s testicles free

Real wives understand their husband's warlike nature & rather than unarm them help them keep their swords sharp & in good order.

Lesson: Never marry a "woke" Hollywood actress.

She probably makes him sit while he's peeing lol

The queen took his titles.

His wife took his balls.

It’s all about her! I get hysterical when news say she was a famous actress! I never heard of the gold digger until she started hanging with him!

I read this as: "Ex-prince of England, now a jobless socialite, forced to pawn his belongings to support spendthrift trophy wife"

Harry used to be a man. Then he started hanging around liberal elitists and married Markle.

Imagine turning from the most wanted bachelor into this

What a wuss.

He gave all this up for a C list actress that's older than him and has already been married. It's literally impossible for her to be that good in bed.

Maybe he should just transition now. He’s obviously lost his man parts.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: May 09, 2020 09:25PM

This is ridiculous Jennifer to take cheap shots at the royal prince. Prince Harry is truly royal, just like Siddhartha, who walked away from the palace to find enlightenment. Siddhartha had everything anyone could want for but his noble nature wanted truth and truth wasn't found in the confines of riches, as his father was trying his best to use riches to tempt Siddhartha to not become a buddha. But Siddhartha did become a buddha...Buddha Shakyamuni.

And Siddhartha left his weapons behind in the palace when he went to sit under the bodhi tree. Prince Harry is not beta for selling his rifles; that is Alpha in the moralistic realm of Alpha and Omega.

May Prince Harry find his enlightenment.

Amen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2020 09:37PM by Tai.

Date: May 11, 2020 02:23PM

Yes, Prince Harry is 'Royal', he seems nice, I like him.

The problem is Meghan. From the first time I saw or heard her manner and speaking, something about her just struck me that she's Phony. And I'm not really into how she doesn't seem to be that great a mother - like she and Harry leaving their baby after he was first born with the nanny or whoever in the UK while they went to Canada to watch her friend play tennis or something like that. If I had a baby or little child, and when I did have babies, no way could I leave them overnight or even for a few hours without my head and heart totally wrapped around them. I never left them overnight for many, many years. They slept with me. How did she nurse Baby Archie on demand if she was never there...

Oh, that's right - no way did she nurse him for any length of time, if at all. Does she care about him more than herself?

Whatever I see and read about her screams Poser.

Date: May 11, 2020 06:39PM

Prince Harry had a mother that ticked all the boxes for British society: beautiful, gracious, BLOND, royal, etc, etc and she died so young TRAGICALLY because of a paparazi car chase. So Prince Harry saw that ticking all the boxes for polite society did not save his family.

Prince Harry is looking elsewhere and you can judge all you want, but what matters to Prince Harry is something far greater than the tradition that led to the death of his mother. He is not going to produce or be the next king. His brother is in charge of that. Harry is FREE to find enlightenment. God bless him for that. And Meghan is his helpmate on his journey. God bless them both.

Date: May 12, 2020 02:58AM

Kate Middleton has the air, grace, bearing and manner of Royalty. She's lovely. And seeing her interacting with her three children, you can tell she's a wonderful mother. Meghan, not so much. I could never imagine Meghan with three children. I'm sure to her that would be a fate worse than death.

If Harry had known that he would have to give up his Royalty, give up his country and live in Hollywood, and give up his Royal Gun Collection before he proposed to Meghan, I doubt he would have even dreamed of marrying her. When he proposed, she knew it meant she would be part of Royalty and Live in the UK with him and his family, and all that would entail. But no, either she had no intention of doing so, or else she bullied him into giving up his whole life and country and go live in Hollywood with the phony Lib movie stars. Then the final nail in the coffin - give up his Royal Gun Collection, which was a power play or virtue signaling on her part, pure and simple.

Yes, he has been emasculated by Meghan. It's a shame. If she was genuine, it would be one thing, but that she's pretentious reeks of a designing woman.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2020 03:20AM by Jennifer.

Date: May 12, 2020 05:55AM

[life.shared.com]

You are assuming things here, which is not fair to Meghan, because Harry has made a lot of these decisions.

Date: May 27, 2020 03:18PM

Interesting to find out how much money Meghan bilked The UK Taxpayers in the two years since her marriage -

Harry and Meghan ran up a $53 Million Taxpayer Bill in just 2 years says Brit politician

[pagesix.com]

A former member of Parliament and a current member of the Privy Council — the body that officially advises the monarch — has slammed Prince Harry and Meghan Markle for bilking British taxpayers out of tens of millions before running for the Los Angeles hills.

Norman Baker, a former Liberal Democrat for East Sussex and author of “… And What Do You Do?” – a tome critical of the royal family – writes in the Daily Mail that, “From their wedding day to March 31 this year, I estimate the British taxpayer has forked out more than £44 million ($53 million) to provide Harry and Meghan with, it seems, whatever they want.”

After a study of the couple’s finances, an outraged Baker has broken it down for all of us, adding that the bills keep coming even though the couple has moved to the United States. Baker casually points out that while Harry and Meghan may be rich — the couple together are estimated to be worth over $25 million — they aren’t rich enough to afford their lifestyle. Like his Uncle Andrew and Aunt Sarah, Harry enjoys the good life at other’s expense.

The Wedding

The largest bill the taxpayer had to deal with was the couple’s wedding, which Baker says cost a whopping $40.8 million — of which the royals personally contributed just $2.4 million. In comparison, Prince William and Kate’s 2011 wedding cost $24.3 million.

The bill was so high due to security, which is said to have cost over $35 million, but there were other extravagances. According to Baker, the Ministry of Defense ordered 20 new trumpets for $109,000, a PA system, private contractors and flags and banners ordered by the Department for ­Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) — to the tune of $1.83 million. Then there was also the $1.2 million bill for crowd control barriers, Jumbotron screens and waste management.

The Houses

After the wedding, the couple were set to move into an apartment in Kensington Palace. But, after the $1.7 million renovation to the 21-room apartment, Harry and Meghan decided to live elsewhere. The queen granted them Frogmore Cottage on the Windsor Castle estate and so another $2.9 million was spent on sprucing that up. The couple stayed less than six months before bolting for Canada — all the while promising to pay back the taxpayers for the latest renovations. Baker notes: “The couple have said they will repay the renovation costs for Frogmore Cottage. They have offered ($22,000) a month, which is also meant to cover rent. Assuming a rent of ($12,000) a month, it will take them 25 years to repay the renovation costs, and that is without interest or any ongoing maintenance.

Baker also adds that “since the wedding, Meghan is also said to have amassed a ($731,000) jewelry collection (including items gifted to her by Harry and the Queen), a collection larger than the late Princess Diana’s, including a stunning new diamond ring.”

The Staff

Baker estimates that the cost for Harry and Meghan’s staff – including PR gurus, office staff, secretaries and lawyers – cost British taxpayers an eye watering $721,000 over two years.

“Until March 31, when they ceased to be working royals, the team of up to 15 included a private secretary (who can earn a salary of $177,000 a year), PR director Sara Latham, and a full team of servants including a housekeeper ($36,500) and a nanny,” Baker writes – although he notes the nanny would have been paid from private funds.

Travel

The couple have been shamed into flying economy lately, but their tastes bend toward first class. While friends have flown them in private jets, in March 2019, Bakler writes Harry “took a helicopter journey costing an estimated ($6,000) from London to Birmingham and two days later told a crowd at Wembley Stadium to ‘wake up’ and act on ‘the damaging impact our ways are having on the world.’” The couple also have taken trips to Australia and Singapore (not to mention multiple flights to and from Canada and the United States) and overall, Baker estimates their travel cost at $1.2 million.

Personal Security

Due to Harry and Meghan’s love for moving and travel, security costs are overwhelming, and the couple rang up an $8.5 million bill before they quit the monarchy.

While they often flew privately (paid for by celeb pals), “they were always accompanied by protection officers funded by the taxpayer. The bill for this, including business-class travel for the officers (as confirmed by former royal protection officer Ken Wharfe), and any overtime and away-from-home allowances, has fallen to the public,” Baker writes.

Because they moved three times in two years to places outside of London requiring “bespoke” security provisions, the costs ballooned even further. The couple’s several house moves have also pushed up the costs to the public.

“It is much more expensive to provide bespoke security in an exposed location outside London — such as Frogmore Cottage — than it is in Kensington Palace,” Baker writes, adding, “As the couple are keeping Frogmore Cottage as their base in this country, a security detail is believed to remain in place there even though it is unoccupied and there is no sign of the couple coming back any time soon.”

In Canada, their personal security squad stayed in a $1,300 a week Airbnb and they were protected by officers from the Metropolitan Police as well as Canadian Mounties “incurring a bill for both British and Canadian taxpayers.”

While the couple is promising to pay when they make money, Baker writes, “In the deal reached with the Palace, Harry and Meghan have kept their HRH titles but will not ‘use’ them. This is significant as the status provides a mechanism for support — notably financial support from the taxpayer for security — to be provided to them.”

Allowance from daddy

Harry and Meghan are said to be receiving around $2.5 million a year from Prince Charles — who gets his money from the Duchy of Cornwall. All this may seem fine except that Baker writes, “Controversially, Charles is allowed to classify this allowance to Harry as a business expense, which he can set against tax. This means that the public purse continued to support Harry for as long as Charles continued with this approach to funding the Duke.” This would mean that tax loss is an estimated $2.32 million for two years.

It all adds up to a hefty bill the public must pay for a couple who turned their backs on Britain.

Date: May 27, 2020 03:32PM

This UK Mail article is better with photos -

(Photos of houses. So dark and dreary and damp and cold there. I never liked the UK when I visited. America is the greatest, of course.)

Have Harry and Meghan cost us £44 million? Forensic audit shows the colossal taxpayer bill left by the jet-setting eco warriors after they turned their backs on Britain just two years on from their lavish wedding

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables