Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Favourite Quotes
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: May 15, 2010 09:41AM

some of my favorites...

"We think much less than what we know, We know much less than what we love, We love much less than what there is, And to this precise extent, we are much less than what we are."-R.D. Laing

"It's not enough to have lived. We should be determined to live for something. May I suggest that it be creating joy for others, sharing what we have for the betterment of personkind, bringing hope to the lost and love to the lonely."

"One does not fall "in" or "out" of love. One grows in love."

" Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

" I have a very strong feeling that the opposite of love is not hate - it's apathy. It's not giving a damn. "

“In a crazy... world, it’s only your insanity that will keep you sane” -Felice Leonardo Buscaglia (1924 – 1998)

"To laugh often and much,
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children,
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends,To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others,
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition, To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Logic is a match which can easily be engulfed in flame and consumed by our passions if we are not careful... I'm careful, but I'm itching for change...and my fingers seem to have strike pads attached to them..."
-ME

"Life, in all its Joy and its deepest suffering, From the sacrosanct to the most profane, It is all a work of art, A work in progress, true, Sometimes Beautiful, sometimes ugly, But art all the same. -Me

I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strangely, I am ungrateful to these teachers. -Kahlil Gibran

"It is only through the baring of our greatest weakness's that mankind finds its greatest strengths." -me

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep."-Robert Frost

"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." – Edmund Burke

"we should all fear evil, but there is another kind of evil that we should fear the most, the indifference of good men"-The Boondock Saints

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 17, 2010 07:59PM

“If you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? ---- Carpe -- hear it? – Carpe, Carpe Diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary.” – Robin Williams...'Dead Poets Society, 1989'

Posted by: brome ()
Date: July 26, 2010 04:02PM

"like seeds dreaming beneath the snow"

On Death
Kahlil Gibran

You would know the secret of death.
But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life?
The owl whose night-bound eyes are blind unto the day cannot unveil the mystery of light.
If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life.
For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.

In the depth of your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond;
And like seeds dreaming beneath the snow your heart dreams of spring.
Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.
Your fear of death is but the trembling of the shepherd when he stands before the king whose hand is to be laid upon him in honour.
Is the shepherd not joyful beneath his trembling, that he shall wear the mark of the king?
Yet is he not more mindful of his trembling?

For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?
And what is it to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.
And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.
And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.

More: [www.katsandogz.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2010 04:04PM by brome.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 31, 2011 01:45PM

We're in a giant car heading towards a brick wall and everyones arguing over where they're going to sit.- David Suzuki.

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables