Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

just wanted to say how much i love VIVALDI
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 11, 2010 04:23PM

sounds crazy
but

i am so grateful for the sound of violins
so beautiful

i love a particular piece in Vivaldi's "Four Seasons"

can't say i love ALL violin pieces * i'm kinda picky

but someone made a CD for me

and i just can't get over some of the stuff i'm listening to

with some inexplicable feeling

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: just wanted to say how much i love VIVALDI
Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: April 13, 2010 09:33PM

Thats a cool place to be I reckon LaV. I'm just the same with the violin, I love the sound of it but often not the actual piece being played. I watched a movie one time called Bad Company, and right at the start it has a background theme as your zooming over a city. The violin part of it just chills me, it's so awesome !

I since obtained the track, but unfortunately only the first minuite and a half of it is this violin, and then it moves into this real bad offbeat scene oriented rubbish winking smiley Worth a listen if you ever get the chance though.

Another song which is my new favorite is this Sikh Mul Mantra to God. I was just going to post the link for it here and decided that this thread suited it quite well. I LOOOOOVE the sound and meaning of this !!!!! ( I can't emphasize this enough ). The vocalist has such a balanced and resonant voice. So pure.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: April 14, 2010 02:41AM

mark o'connor is an incredible folk violinist. he has done many albums adn they are all incredible.

also stephane grappelli is jazz violinist with a very unique sound. he died in 1997 at age 89.

i love violin fiddle playin'too.

jj

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 14, 2010 12:11PM

Glad you are enjoying Vivaldi! Currently, I am enjoying the Springy string stylings of Holst:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 16, 2010 11:48AM

hey lightform

just listened to the mantra
very beautiful and stunning photography
thanks so much for posting this
also relaxed me too
just what i needed

juicin john and tamukha

i'm gonna check out your music nexxxxxxt! grinning smiley

i'm so happy other people appreciate beautiful music

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: April 17, 2010 12:44AM

Concerto grosso in A minor for 2 violins is also wonderful. RV522

[www.youtube.com]

Also I quite like his Gloria.

Also you might very much like this little Bach BSV 1065, it is a concerto for 4 keyboards (here, Steinway grands) based on a Vivaldi work, featuring the incomparable Martha Argerich, Joseph Levine, Evgeny Kissin, and Pletnev.

Bliss!
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2010 12:52AM by arugula.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: April 19, 2010 01:23AM

Arugula.. I'm not much into classical music, but I gotta say that last link of Bach is a stunner. The synchronicity there is a beautifull thing.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: April 19, 2010 03:46PM

Vivaldi is amazing.

My daughter won an award from a local music festival this past Saturday for singing Vivaldi's "Domine Deus". It was so beautiful, although the regulations did not allow me to record any of it.

Thank you so much for those links arugula!

Sapphire

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: April 22, 2010 02:33AM

celtic violin.

[www.youtube.com]

jj

Date: April 26, 2010 11:43AM

thank you everybody

you are all so beautiful
to have a soul that
can appreciate
beauty

and lucky too

it is a great thing
i am blessed

Date: May 03, 2010 04:49PM

My daughter did a piece yesterday that I just loved, so I thought I would share it:

Lascia Ch'io Pianga (Handel) from Rinaldo:

[www.youtube.com]

Aside from loving the music, I am amazed at the way the classical training has enabled her to make her voice carry so well - the other singers all needed microphones, but she didn't bother even though it was quite a large theatre. I was filming with my little camera (don't have a video cam) from pretty far back (lots of "zoom" ), so the video quality is not great.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 03, 2010 07:36PM

Sapphire,

Your daughter has a lovely voice; Handel isn't easy. How long has she been studying? There's something reminiscent of Tracy Dahl about her voice--hope she keeps up the training : )

Date: May 03, 2010 10:15PM

Thanks Tamukha:

She has completed her Grade 7 Royal Conservatory examinations - I think that goes up to Grade 10 in total. I don't know a whole lot about classical voice, but from what I understand, not only does she still have much to learn, but she is still very young (18), and can expect her voice to continue to mature. (I was astonished at the last festival we attended when the adjudicator pointed out that some things would not be possible until the singer was into her 30's - because that is just how long it takes for the vocal cords to develop sufficiently!)

I can't wait to see what she can do in a few years! I am totally impressed already, but then I am her mom - I'd love her sound even if she brayed like a donkey, LOL!!

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: May 15, 2010 03:42PM

I love Vivaldi, ive been listening to allot of ludovico einaudi lately, some of his music is just awe inspiring... this one is one of my favorites, at least one of the few that are available on youtube... its very peaceful, just imagine yourself standing in front of a restless but happy sea, filling your lungs with the cool salt air as it gently caresses your hair, the sun setting on the horizon, its last rays of warmth sweetly kiss your cheek as it slides down into the deep cold embrace of the ocean, suffusing the world in the warm red glow of their passion.

[www.youtube.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2010 03:47PM by Curator.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: May 15, 2010 04:00PM

oh, this one is really beautiful too...

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables