Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cursed?
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 12, 2010 09:29PM

Do you believe in curses? I feel 'cursed'. I wrote a previous start to this thread, but cancelled it. I determined that most of my experience can be explained in down to earth terms. Just writing about it seems to have lifted the heaviness of what I felt. But at times I do feel cursed, like their is no solution to my problems. So what can be done to break through, find solutions, and get on with life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cursed?
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: July 13, 2010 12:05AM

I feel that curses of any nature only have what power you give them, as long as you believe you are cursed, you are.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 13, 2010 12:29AM

I don't feel cursed personally but I do know some people who seem to be inordinately blessed and I wonder what their secret is. They get break after break after break, all kinds of good things seem to fall into their laps. It's amazing and I'm envious.

Date: July 13, 2010 12:39AM

I dont really believe entire in it, but I think its a nice idea, and may be possible, you may want to check out "The secret" its interesting, although at least in the video, some of the people come off as really crazy, the book is a little easier to take in...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 13, 2010 01:21AM

Curator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .....you may
> want to check out "The secret" its interesting,
Yes!! The movie was a simplistic explanation....Cursed
or Blessed or anywhere else in-between it's the "Law of Attraction"
at work.....WY

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: July 13, 2010 03:47AM

Mmm... I didn't think much of The Secret, but I do feel that it expresses some of the underlying nature of reality. I think that the key to being blessed is having an attitude of always being so.

It seems to me that it is a paradox. The attitude provides the opportunities for the reality of it to be so, but if you hold the attitude in reserve for only those situations in which it seems that you "are" blessed, then the same mechanism which creates the blessed experience will also create the one where it is yet to happen.

Date: July 13, 2010 04:41AM

No, I didn't think much of that movie/book either. Did the people in the tsunami somehow collectively create that reality for themselves? All the children and creatures etc? I don't think so.

Date: July 13, 2010 05:13AM

like I said, I dont really believe in it, not to the extent the proponents of it do, but I DO believe that you are more likely to attract good if you concentrate on the good, and attract bad stuff if you concentrate on the bad, I dont believe it will attract things like massive natural disasters, or fame and fortune, but Happiness or unhappiness? Definitely.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 13, 2010 01:33PM

Mislu,

Who or what cursed you? I, too, believe that ignorance of one's being cursed or refusal to accept that one is cursed diminishes or eliminates this kind of bad energy.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 13, 2010 09:14PM

Hi Mislu,
I don't believe in curses, per se, but I do believe that in the natural flow of life, there are ups and downs, and human beings tend to want to divert from the unpleasant 'down' periods in their lives, as if they didn't exist. (A lot of teachings these days emphasize this concept that if you are 'in tune' you don't have to ever suffer.) I believe that even the most wonderful, positive, spiritual person will have periods of grief and pain mixed in with the happy ones; during the tough times, sometimes all we can do is watch and wait, and listen for the little inner voice that brings spiritual joy even in the midst of pain.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 13, 2010 10:37PM

coco Wrote:
> No, I didn't think much of that movie/book either.
> Did the people in the tsunami somehow collectively
> create that reality for themselves? All the
> children and creatures etc? I don't think so.

I actually do feel that we create everything that we experience, I just think that generally our understanding of who we are is limited, so it passes on to a limited understanding for the nature of our involvement with what we experience. To use an example of people who were in a disaster as evidence for a lack of responsibility for ones circumstances, to me is like using someone tripping down some stairs for the same purpose.

They definately did not intend the situation, but that does not remove a certain level of ownership for the experience. I've observed connections to the deepest levels of my own life, and it makes sense to me that I create my bad experiences as well as my good ones. Sometimes I don't understand how this can be, but I still believe that it's true.

Date: July 13, 2010 11:53PM

I'm just not a fatalist at all I guess. Life is random. Random. How you feel about it creates your reality but that's as far as I'm willing to go.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 14, 2010 12:44AM

Lightform,

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying . . . surely there is no way the tsunami victims could evade owning that experience, if they survived and remembered having gone through it?

My people have a saying: "Ne klich bisa z'lyisa." This means, "Don't call the demon out of the woods," meaning, if you don't summon evil to you, it is unlikely to come with intent. Randomly, perhaps, but that shan't be your doing and allows you to handle the experience with equanimity.

Date: July 14, 2010 07:21AM

coco Wrote:
> I'm just not a fatalist at all I guess. Life is
> random. Random. How you feel about it creates your
> reality but that's as far as I'm willing to go.

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt that kinda what the secret talks about? They just take the same thing way further and believe you can actually cause major alterations to your reality by "attracting" the things you want... that part I dont believe, at least not to the extent they do, but I do believe that being negative attracts negative, and being positive attracts positive, but negative things can happen to positive people, and positive things can still happen to negative people... even bad stuff can have some silver linings though^_^

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 14, 2010 11:05PM

coco--
Love the way you put that; it's the way I see it too.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 15, 2010 08:42AM

hey Lightform

<<It seems to me that it is a paradox. The attitude provides the opportunities for the reality of it to be so, but if you hold the attitude in reserve for only those situations in which it seems that you "are" blessed, then the same mechanism which creates the blessed experience will also create the one where it is yet to happen.>>

i feel that if one is grateful only when things go well
that is easy but that individual is still at the whims of what is going on around them

if they are grateful when things are going haywire

they are powerful

and are more able to manifest what they want cuz they hold themselves independent of their external chaos

that being said

g' luck to anyone who can achieve that state 100% of the time

Date: July 15, 2010 07:33PM

Tamukha,
I don't feel comfortable at this time to fully explain what I have experienced in life.

Curator,
I just finished reading "The secret history of the world". I think its related to the video, and perhaps another book or too. I actually found that to be very inpiring and uplifting. Certainly it has changed my perception of a great number of things. It does point out that sometimes life just isn't fair or wonderful even for very good people, like the story of Job. But it does suggest that the physical universe for the most part is taking care of us all, even if we are not fully aware of it.

I am reading another book titled "occult tibet". very fascinating on a number of levels. It mentioned something about karma. I never understood it very well, maybe still don't. It does mention something which caught be off guard. It was telling about a persons misfortunes and bad choices, but after this person meditated and thought about it, there was a common thread to all of it...herself. It comes very close to saying that we all are responsible for what happens to us. I get the sense that there is always more power everyone has in choices and circumstances, its just that people sometimes don't know how to solve problems and make better choices, or there is something which keeps one from making them.

Date: July 17, 2010 12:29AM

yeah, I believe we are all responsible to a certain extent in everything that happens around us, and at the very least are completely responsible for our perception of the things that happen around us... I got in a small motorcycle wreck today, I could use that to be terrified of motorcycles... or like I've chosen to think about it, as a learning experience, and weirdly, it was kinda fun,LOL.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 17, 2010 04:35AM

Tamukha
What I was saying is that I don't believe that things happen to us by chance, I think it is more a case of being unconscious to the ways in which we are participating to make it so. I certainly don't accept this to mean that people get what they deserve, just that there is a higher order than chaos to its governance if we are strong enough to find it. Just my opinion.

LaV
>i feel that if one is grateful only when things go well
>that is easy but that individual is still at the whims of what is going on >around them
>if they are grateful when things are going haywire
>they are powerful
>and are more able to manifest what they want cuz they hold themselves >independent of their external chaos
>that being said
>g' luck to anyone who can achieve that state 100% of the time

Yeah I agree, although you can find examples of it here and there. I heard a story about this saintly Jewish doctor who along with his concentration camp comrades, was left to starve at the end of the second world war. Apparently when the allies turned up some time later, he was in good health where his comrades were all sickly. When questioned as to how this could be he replied "While the others were starving I was fasting".

Date: July 18, 2010 04:25PM

>"While the others were starving I was fasting".<

Love that one, Lightform.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: brome ()
Date: July 18, 2010 09:11PM

Meditation can protect you from curses or whatever spiritual dangers you may face. I like yoga. Yoga Sutras by Rammurti S. Mishra is excellent. Go to pranayama and OM to establish protective sound current (nadam, om) and fill yourself with protective light, Purusa.

Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, discusses the 112 meditations of Tantra Yoga in The Book of the Secrets. I like # 75, Waking, Dreaming, Sleeping, Know You As Light:

[www.meditationiseasy.com]

[www.satrakshita.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 18, 2010 09:34PM

ohhh thanks for the links Brome !! smiling smiley awesome

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: brome ()
Date: July 18, 2010 09:43PM

Here's an online version of the Yoga Sutras I just found:

[www.swamij.com]

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: July 25, 2010 12:39AM

I'm cursed! According to western astrology anyway. My Point/Part of Fortune is at the "worst point in the zodiac". So, failure is the only option for me. Woohoo!

I don't feel 'cursed' though. Some things go more smoothly for some than others. Just keep swimming. smiling smiley

Date: July 25, 2010 10:56PM

Veghunter,
Thats odd, you are officially 'cursed', but you don't feel that way. I guess that is the cure or the answer. But how to get to that point.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables