Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Today is a special day.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 13, 2010 04:05PM

It's the Feast of our Lady of Fatima in Portugal, the ancient Greek Festival of Demeter - a day of prayer for healing of the earth.

HEALING THE WHOLE

I have come to terms with the future.
From this day onward I will walk easy on the earth.
Plant trees.
Kill no living things.
Live in harmony with all creatures.
I will restore the earth where I am.
Use no more of its resources than I need.
And listen, listen to what it is telling me.

M.J. Slim Hooey

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Today is a special day.
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 13, 2010 09:09PM

Thank you, coco-- wisdom much needed by earth's inhabitants, especially the ones in the Western countries.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 13, 2010 11:54PM

Good Maude woman, your hair looks frikken amazing! Awesome summer do. Uses less shampoo too grinning smiley.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 14, 2010 12:47AM

kwan, are you a Hells Angel now? Looks radical awesome smiling smiley

coco,

I thanked Demeter for all the green growing things and bright fragrant fruity things for you today. And the Virgin, for not burning out the children's retinas when she made the sun dance winking smiley

Date: July 14, 2010 11:09PM

hahaha!-- hell's angel, lol!

Yes, I'm over my little 'purple princess' thingie that I had goin' for a very long time. Needed to change. The picture makes me look tougher than I really look in 'real life,' and doesn't show how platinum and shiny my hair looks in regular light. I'm still wearing make-up, a bit of jewelry... just a little more mod looking, and no purple clothes! :-) I'm thrilled!-- I feel free and I'm really loving the whole thing.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 14, 2010 11:23PM

Well, I'm jealous. When I shaved my head I never looked that good! See if I can scrounge up a picture for you, I'll stick it up on FB.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 15, 2010 08:30AM

The Kwan probably also has tall black boots with buckles and a chromium emblazoned motorcycle to match her chic hair.

you're totally stylin, kwan!

Date: July 15, 2010 02:47PM

I looked the same with hair as I did when I had it shaved off, too, so I am really envious of our kwan! Reinevention is one of the most scintillating of all of life's experiences--enjoy it smiling smiley

Date: July 16, 2010 04:10AM

LaV-- Oooh, I'd love to have tall black boots (made of hemp plastic of course) and a nice mid-size black motorcycle! A chic 'lady' style black nylon or Gortex biker jacket, too. Rrrrrrr!

Tamukha-- Really? You didn't look any different? Interesting. I know I look quite a bit different with short hair, and I was pretty nervous about it, to tell you the truth. Last time I chopped it off (about 10 yrs. ago) the response of friends was less than flattering. (i.e. "Ohhhhh! Ohhh! You look so old!! or "Wow, you got scalped!') Pleasantly, the responses have been fantastic this time-- all positive. (I guess I'm healthier now.) Two women have told me I look '20 years younger.' ;-p People I barely know stop me on the street to tell me it looks good. Men who usually pass me by are stopping to say 'hi,' lol. Oh-- one of my best friends saw me yesterday and loved it. She said I look like Annie Lennox, only better. I loved that. (Love Annie Lennox.) I have a totally different image now-- it's fun changing things up... yep! I packed away all of my purple jewelry and clothes and put them in a trunk in the closet without the slightest qualm.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 16, 2010 04:12AM

Ooops--- sorry I kind of hijacked the thread, coco. :-o

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 16, 2010 02:31PM

Hijack away, I'm loving it!

When my little man was wee my hair got after-baby thinning so I buzzed it off and my hair dresser friend bleached and dyed stars all over. That was my 'do' for my 30th, pretty radical change for me but got a lot of positive response.

This is the only one that even partly shows my hair but doesn't partly show our bits! Nakie mama-baby photo shoot grinning smiley

Growing it out with all my curls though? Ack! A nightmare. I won't cut it all off like that again unless I mean to keep it that way for ever.

Date: July 16, 2010 06:20PM

That is such an adorable photo, coco! smiling smiley

Date: July 16, 2010 08:20PM

Ah, thanks! You should see the rest of them though, there are some priceless shots of that kid. Man, was he ever CUTE! And expressive? Holy Maude, kid should be in pictures...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables