Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
It's a shame we can't talk about politics on here...
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 10, 2010 11:32PM

I am not referring to the typical two-party bee ess but linking the health food store raids, recent bill to prevent people from growing their own produce, and other alarming trends with increased fascist takeover. And it wouldn't be as simplistic as blaming one "side," which I think are false to begin with...Now we have AK senator going down in a plane crash...It would be interesting to hash out our thoughts on these things and the interesting timing. We are all adults here! My God, is someone afraid of getting their wittle feewings hurt when someone disagrees with them? Oh well, this is more of a statement than anything else. Over and out!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It's a shame we can't talk about politics on here...
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 10, 2010 11:53PM

It's just that it never stays civil, no matter how much we may try.

Date: August 11, 2010 12:05AM

With all due respect, Tamukha, I have seen a few uncivil posts on here anyway. And guess what? No one died. Even if it got a bit ugly, that's life. It's real and it's raw... (LOL! That's punny!!!!)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 11, 2010 12:32AM

Oh, but it gets REALLY ugly. Politics and religion, there's just no talking about those two. Oh well, there are other forums and there's always facebook winking smiley.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 11, 2010 12:40AM

ugly indeed. People often have sharp and clear opinions about them.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 11, 2010 12:51AM

Its interesting the religious discussions that happen between Agnostic theists though "oh, you believe that? thats cool, sounds interesting, I believe this, awesome! glad you found that interesting to, ever heard of this? yeah, it sounds pretty cool..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 11, 2010 08:51AM

what's so political about the raids?

the raids happened

its not cool

where are the two or three camps for THAT one?

i can't imagine the two camps on THIS forum being

1. that's cool
2. that's NOT cool

i just assumed that everyone was in camp #2

but then again,

it takes all kinds

Date: August 11, 2010 01:51PM

There are certain people (who shall remain nameless) who are SO pissed off that their personal little forum for spouting off irrational, extremist politihate retoric has been banned to them that they scour the board for a HINT of anything political at all and report it to the powers that be (under a sneaky new user name) demanding that it be deleted, thereby disturbing the flow of Many conversations that have a valid reason for being posted here.

Because they are selfish, spoiled little brats who are gonna take their ball and go home now! Be nice if some grown ups were actually grown up, wouldn't it?

Date: August 11, 2010 09:35PM

Yup, Coco, it sure would...And don't get me wrong--I am not picking on this site--matter of fact, I have posted elsewhere and they have this irrational fear of any kind of controversy. Kind of childish, IMO. I mean, differences exist and you cannot manicure everyone's thoughts and create this perfect specimen of a board. Well, you can try but there is always gonna be some undercurrents going on.

La Veronique: The politics exist because my senator, a "Democrat" (supposedly) started that fascist bill to "protect" us from the horrible raw foods. He is known as very liberal and the last one I would expect to do such a thing.

Date: August 12, 2010 12:18AM

Wow, this is the second time this has happened to me... I got a message when I went to post that told me "anti spam software" thought it was spam and it would have to be approved by a moderator before it would appear on the forum. I forgot to check and see if my last one showed up eventually but I'd like to see if this one will. It wasn't inflammatory or against the rules I don't think so we'll see. Watch with me guys...

Date: August 12, 2010 12:29PM

the automated anti-spam system has it out for you coco!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 12, 2010 05:18PM

Seriously, 3 of my posts today have gotten the big mean red message and the one here hasn't shown up either! There's no love lost between the PTB and myself on this site so I highly doubt any of them are going to earn "approval" any time soon. Or ever. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 12, 2010 06:34PM

hey coco

that thing just pops up irregardless

its happened to me too

i mean, i could type something like

" i love blueberries.. blueberries are delicious"

and that anti spam thing will show up

seriously there are a lot of weird things going on with computers

Date: August 12, 2010 06:52PM

No anti-spam for me never. I feel so left out . . .

Date: August 13, 2010 01:01AM

How often does it happen to you guys? I just got it again when I tried to post something here.
It's not the popping up that's an issue, it's the fact that those posts are supposed to be reviewed and then allowed or disallowed and mine are NEVER allowed no matter what it is that I've said.

Date: August 13, 2010 08:28AM

Ive never gotten that on this site...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: August 22, 2010 03:56AM

Last I heard we WERE allowed to post political news related to the food supply and relevant directly to the raw food movement. Or has that changed? There's been a lot of censorship here in recent months.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 23, 2010 02:54PM

eh, i dunno, I mean really, if we WANTED a political board, it would be incredibly simple to create one JUST for politics, on a free website, and we can invite people from here to it with the understanding that it is only allowable on there, and that is all that will also be discussed on there, so asto keep people using these boards for their intended use... anybody else like that idea? I might start one if I think enough people might be into it, I tell you one thing though, I doubt I will get heavily involved with it,lol... considering the arguments me and coco get into, in spite of the fact that we actually agree realistically on more things than we disagree on (im including private discussions, not just public ones in that estimation.) I shudder to think how it might turn out on a politics/religion board... especially since my moderate stance on most issues, and extreme dislike of extremism from either side, makes me relatively disliked by both liberals and conservatives... guess that would make me a decent moderator though,lol...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 23, 2010 03:10PM

If one is disliked by both Liberals and Conservatives, does one vanish into thin air? I am not in favor of a separate politics board elswhere, as bad blood could follow the participants back here. And no I'm not being paranoid; I reiterate that the Politics board on here got very, very bad. I cannot overemphasize this.

Date: August 23, 2010 03:13PM

yeah, that could be a possibility, you are right about that... I could institute a policy though that whenever a political discussion started to get out of hand, id replace the whole discussion with a video of a farting panda...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 23, 2010 05:49PM

Curator,

A capital idea, and a much better strategy than the usual ol' boring, "This thread is closed."

Date: August 23, 2010 05:50PM

hehehe, glad you approve,lol ^_^ its hilarious though, I meant to say sneezing panda... I think I said farting, cause im tired, and ahve been gassytongue sticking out smiley,lol.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 23, 2010 09:24PM

Curator, I think that makes sense, but I just cannot understand why it can't be on THIS SITE. If you are afraid to argue, don't click on that forum. Simple. Also, I would like a conspiracy-type site because I honestly have no political party that I feel is not totally in cahoots with...*ahem*...the Hidden Hand...

Date: August 23, 2010 10:37PM

banana who,

Of Adam Smith or Jim Henson?[moving into dangerous waters, so that's me away!]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2010 10:38PM by Tamukha.

Date: August 23, 2010 11:20PM

LOL...I had to Google Adam Smith and admit that I don't get the reference, but Jim Henson is funny.

Date: August 24, 2010 08:34AM

LOL... banana who, the reason we cant is because the owner doesnt want it here, they had some bad experiences, and dont want to experience them on here again...so I get it...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 24, 2010 08:17PM

But Curator, don't you think if it was separate, the delicate flowers could just not click on it? I mean, puleeze. Just hide under your blankie all day if you don't want contradiction. I don't post on the Internets to have an echo chamber but I swear to God, many people do. They are the same ones who play fantasy, cyber games where they can create these artificial lives and be in total control. It's good and healthy to honestly explore issues with others and be able to tolerate opinions which don't mesh with yours, don't you think?

Date: August 24, 2010 09:09PM

You're missing the point I think. There are people who WILL NOT remain (or begin) civil and who have and will dominate a political thread/forum with multiple daily posts full of hateful rhetoric that entirely overshadow any sort of "discussion". Everything posted becomes an opportunity to reiterate their tired message. It's frightful, really, I don't miss it.

Date: August 24, 2010 09:18PM

Coco, I get it. I have posted elsewhere and understand the whole MO of people like that. My point is that if we have a separate political forum (not this forum), then those who find that unpleasant simply should never visit it! No one is forcing anyone who comes on this site to go to the gardening section, raw diaries, etc. We click on what we likesmiling smiley

Date: August 24, 2010 09:37PM

There was a political thread but I think it crashed and burned and was deleted. There were reasonable people who wanted to have discussions but the entire board was filled with the same sort of sensational irrational posts by the same couple of people and there wasn't any way to keep any other discussion going, those posts would just be forced down the list until they dropped off the page. It was ridiculous. Really, it's not like we didn't all try. We did.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables