Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

109 and still going strong
Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: September 05, 2010 10:39PM

Hey guys.. just thought you might like to see this if you haven't already. This guy is a raw foodist and is alive and happy at 109.
[www.myfoxphoenix.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 109 and still going strong
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 05, 2010 11:10PM

Yeah, he is something! I have watched some of his youtube vids in the past. He isn't completely raw, but it seems to work for him. He uses some superfoods as well.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: September 05, 2010 11:26PM

Inspirational!!

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: September 07, 2010 01:25PM

Thanks for posting this! We have two old role models now - Dr. Norman Walker and this guy. Any other raw foodists that are older than 80?

Date: September 10, 2010 12:43AM

Good thing this 109 year old guy isn't related to Wheatgrass Yogi....

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can see it (suicide) happening late in life when ones
> usefulness
> is over.

...or he never would have made it to 109 years old smiling smiley

I"d like to ask the old guy if he ever got vaccinated and if he got mercury fillings.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 14, 2010 01:49AM

Guys, read the article again. He follows a Paleo diet:

"Bernando eats primarily raw fruits, veggies and FISH. MEAT is a treat only once a year."

He's NOT a vegan raw foodist.

Very few vegan raw foodists live to s ripe old age, unfortunately.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 14, 2010 01:09PM

Eww!

Chocolate cake is a rare treat. Carcass? Not so much...

Ah well, for me it's quality of life, not quantity. So long as I am content all the days of my life I'm sure to be content at the end of it. That's the focus for me, being in the here and now and enjoying it.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 14, 2010 02:25PM

Norman Walker lived to 99, but like the above gentleman, he ate animal protein.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: October 01, 2010 09:21PM

The raw food movement seems to be a continuum. Sometimes these 'near vegan' and 'near vegetarians' seem to get included or mentioned on vegan or fruitarian boards. There might be some similiarity, but if someone wanted to be absolutely a purest, shouldn't these people be eliminated from consideration for the health benefits of being a raw food vegan?

I was rather disappointed in a raw food book, the author mentioned a fruitarian as an example of longevity. But he mentioned that she occasionally had cream. He didn't really explain what 'ocassionally' meant, nor did he mention anything about quantity consumed.

When someone mentions a "Paleo diet" there doesn't seem to be much distinction about the amount of animal food consumed. In theory it could be 'occasionally' (whatever that means) or regular, or almost exclusive. Maybe it doesn't matter, because its not a purely raw vegan diet anyway around.

Date: October 01, 2010 09:36PM

I think the walking helps alot. The box of crackers on top of the fridge was a little distracting in the video. I believe the part about olive oil on the skin, and keeping active, in addition to what he eats and doesn't.

Date: November 04, 2010 10:13PM

Wow, this old girl looks like she outlived her usefulness a few years ago smiling smiley

World's oldest person dies in West Indies -

[www.msnbc.msn.com]

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: November 05, 2010 04:46AM

Aging can be so sad sometimes.

I recently spent some time visiting a relative in a nursing home. It was my first experience in that type environment and it was sad. So many elderly waiting to die. Looked just like the photo above. Of course, there were a few spicy old folks scooting around in their wheelchairs, but most were just sleeping until they die. That experience took away my fear of death. Before that experience I spent a lot of time worrying about dying young and possibly not living even to 70yrs old mainly because I come from a family with a long history of early deaths. I'm okay with that now... I have resolved that I would rather die unexpectedly than to live in a home wasting away. My goal is no longer to live as long as possible but to live as lively as possible.

smiling smiley

And BLESS the nurses and staff that have the courage to care for the elderly who are wasting away or sleeping to death. I saw some pretty cranky folks and folks who were completely out of their minds and the staff were pleasant and caring and patient. I was amazed at their spirit and compassion.

Date: November 05, 2010 09:04PM

Yes, aging and poor health can cause a lot of misery.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 06, 2010 01:32PM

KidRaw,

"Outlived her usefulness"? Um, you mean she was a plowhorse? That woman is someone's loved one.

I am assuming you don't realize how callous this sounds, dude. Otherwise, I mean, good lord . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2010 01:33PM by Tamukha.

Date: November 06, 2010 09:11PM

I was referring to this post of mine above in this same thread --

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Which is referring to Wheatgrass Yogi's post --

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can see it (suicide) happening late in life when ones
> usefulness
> is over.

Which is referencing this thread on his view of "Suicide" --

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

I was making fun of Wheatgrass Yogi, because you will see from the Suicide thread, that I'm not a believer in Suicide or Euthanasia or of old people killing themselves, or getting rid of old people when their 'usefulness' (Wheatgrass Yogi used that word) is over.

As you will see in my response to Wheatgrass Yogi in the Suicide thread -

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

I said --

"Usefulness" to who or what? "Society"? Is there a certain age connected to when a person should kill themselves for the good of the Community?

So you are criticizing Wheatgrass Yogi, not me, Dudette.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 07, 2010 01:23AM

KidRaw,

Sorry; I assumed you were commenting on the accompanying photo. Actually, I am rather worried about Wheatgrass Yogi, he has been absent so long . . .

Date: November 07, 2010 01:32AM

Maybe he's an old guy and he decided that he outlived his usefulness already. He did say --

"I can see it happening late in life when ones usefulness
is over. I'M NOT READY NOW ."

But that was at the beginning of August, so it was three months ago, so maybe he became ready to commit suicide. Either that or he overdosed on Wheatgrass smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables