Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Culture(s)
Posted by: jono ()
Date: March 31, 2011 06:46AM

Culture is your operating system: [www.youtube.com]

"when you shed the cultural operating system, then essentially you stand naked before the inspection of your own psyche"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 02, 2011 06:49AM

I saw Fast Runner

interesting film

how the dude ran so far barefoot on the ice..

is

well...
whoah

the scene i liked best is when the shamanic dude appears in the cave
it was so dang convincing

i almost fell into a trance myself just looking at his eyes grinning smiley

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: April 06, 2011 10:04PM

i saw the faster runner. I don't remember the shaman guy. Its been a few years since I have seen it. I do remember seeing something that was a bit distracting about the film. There was a scene where someone was boiling eggs. It was in a container that had metal handles. it was supposed to be about 500 years before contact with europeans. I didn't think that Inuits had metal before that. it was also very fine steel at least that is what it looked like.

There was also something about a guy using rabbits feet for good luck. I thought that was a european custom. I could be mistaken, it could have been a more universal custom around the world. And please pardon the mention of the feet. Its just a historical distraction from the film, or at least could be.

I do like the rassumuson video of the life story of an inuit shaman. (1922)That lists the most comprehensive list of taboos i have ever heard. Its sad however that I learn more from u tube than from my own family! Its because my family had been converted to christianity. The really sad part is that christians felt that they had to completely eliminate the Eskimo language and culture in ak to make the conversion.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 06, 2011 10:12PM

:'(
Christians have been doing that all over the world for many years now. Demolishing culture to insert their own sick brand of belief where it does not belong. So incredibly sad, we've lost an amazing amount of diversity and natural practices. It's hard not to be resentful sometimes.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: April 07, 2011 05:19PM

Coco,
well that was a the trend for some. Others were not so harsh. i forgot about that some greek missionaries developed syllabics for canadian inuits. Its actually not that great of a written language, but there are a lot of stories and beliefs documented because of it.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables