Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Springbreak Bikini Brawl at Booger King (video)
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 28, 2011 07:54PM

[www.youtube.com]

Pitiful display. Again, I pose the question regarding fast food influencing negative behavior.

*Edit: It gets wild towards the end. The whole thing is less than 1.5 minutes so hang in thereeye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 07:55PM by banana who.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Springbreak Bikini Brawl at Booger King (video)
Date: March 28, 2011 08:08PM

It gets better...eye rolling smiley [www.thesmokinggun.com]

31-year-old mother of four, first-time springbreakereye rolling smiley

I cannot wrap my brain around this. I intially thought she was just a drunk college student acting like a fool but she is way too old for this nonsense. As a parent, I would think she would have more maturity than this but I do have to wonder if her diet is making her act a little (lot) crazy...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 08:09PM by banana who.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: March 28, 2011 10:11PM

WTF???
What prompted this display of a bunch of animals?
Oh yea...the mind altering substances they put in those burgers and fries.

Vinny

Posted by: klomasius ()
Date: March 29, 2011 04:22AM

I showed this to my 10 year old son as we've been talking about action and how they affect the community. He was so stunned he said to me 'not even the fast fod places deserve that!'

I told him that even adults can act really badly and that this is one of the reasons why we need to eat well (for our brains to actually think and be calm) and that this sort of behaviour might be linked in with twhat these people are eating (at least in part).

I use the factory analogy, if our hearts, lungs, brains and body are made up of chips, pizza, donuts, and other fast fatty foods, how can we expect our body and our minds to work properly?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 29, 2011 11:49AM

I love that explanation. I think I'll show this to my 10 year old and use your analogy, thanks.

Date: March 29, 2011 12:31PM

No probs coco. smiling smiley

Goes down a treat with the kids I demonstrate fresh foods to. I see their little eyes open as they get it and realise. Why are kids so much smarter then adults in so many ways? sad smiley

Date: March 29, 2011 12:58PM

Because they are in learning mode, they don't think they know it all yet. As an adult I hope I've recaptured some of learning mode. Hate to think I'm stuck in teenage-can't-tell-me-nuthin' anyhow!

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: March 29, 2011 05:13PM

Oh come on... that had nothing to do with diet. Probably alcohol.

Date: March 29, 2011 05:27PM

They were in a fast food joint, I'm betting they don't eat the best sort of diet. Don't you think that affects people's emotions and their reasoning? I think it does.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 29, 2011 07:57PM

not that extremely, not most people, I know some of the sweetest girls, who literally eat almost nothing but fast food... im sorry, but meat doesnt make people do crazy stuff like that, higher stress levels, sure, worse health, definitely, going insane in a burger place during spring break? highly unlikely... alcohol or drug induced, a mental disorder, or all of the above...seems most likely. I

Date: March 29, 2011 08:28PM

I think it does affect their emotions to some degree... it makes them foggy and brain-dead and lethargic. LOL

Date: March 29, 2011 08:59PM

It may not have been all food, but I'm guessing food played a major part.

People seriously cannot think straight after eating that type of food (not just meat, all junk) for extended periods of time till their bodies are literally made of the stuff.

It would also have to do with how they are brought up (no anger management skills, no way to vent their frustration non violently, no strong messages saying this type of behaviour is wrong etc.)

These and a whole host of other things would have driven her over the edge, and yes, drugs and/or alcohol may have been involved, it's part of that unhealthy lifestyle so many get stuck in.

But drugs and alcohol cannot account for all the bad behaviour I see from people all around me, on a weekly basis. And if you look at some kids today and their behavior (think adhd, which is strongly linked to what is eaten) and think if this behaviour wasn't discouraged or managed early and bled into adulthood, then you might get a picture of how food might lead someone long term to think that type of behaviour is ok.

Date: March 29, 2011 11:02PM

Ive personally known vegans that act crazier than this lady, and more violent, soooo I dont think the crappy food is even the major cause, possibly A cause, frmo the increase in stress levels, but definitely not a major cause...

ADHD is NOT strongly linked to what is eaten, symptoms are worsened by sugar, Ive hated sugary foods since i was a little kid, so hasnt been to much of a problem for me other than the occasional craving, ADD/ADHD they are starting to believe in many professional circles is a form of high functioning Autism.
Ive lived it, I research it all of the time, your views on it are NOT accepted within the medical community, what you may be thinking of is that often kids who are being fed to much processed sugar, often present with ADHD like symptoms, these can be weeded out by the fact that the meds, instead of helping them focus, hypes them up... with some one who truly has ADD/ADHD the meds actually calm you down and help you focus.

Stating that bad food creates ADHD is ridiculous, most children grow out of ADHD and dont have it in adulthood, yet they still eat the same, or often worse diet, so that kind of pokes holes in any theory that eating bad food causes ADHD...otherwise most adults in the U.S. would have it,lol.

her behavior I say can be blamed more on ANYTHING else, even space aliens, than it can be blamed on food, and it make more sense...food probably plays a roll... but with the violent behaviors of some vegans out there ive known and others ive heard of, it is obviously not behavior limited to meat and junk food eaters. (I was attacked by one with a knife cause she thought i was trying to break her and her boyfriend up, I wasnt...just telling him the truth, I walked in on her having sex with another guy in my friends bedroom...and she tried to kill me over telling him the truth,lol...and she was raised vegan, and according to her has never eaten meat or dairy once.)

Date: March 30, 2011 04:08AM

Gluten allergies play a powerful role in ADHD and Autism.

Date: March 30, 2011 05:33AM

-_- yeah...im staying out of this thread...

Date: March 30, 2011 07:01PM

RocketShip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gluten allergies play a powerful role in ADHD and
> Autism.

I was just gonna say that. Casein (milk protein) also. Another thing is that hypoglycemia is easily developed by eating a fast food/processed foods diet. White flour and sugar and caffeine make up many items on that menu and we all know that if you consume them, you crash HARD. And how do you act when you have crashed? Irritable at best, psycho at worst. Even mental illnesses have been linked to diet: schizophrenia, manic depression...I think that this woman may possibly be bipolar. Some with this disorder don't get mania per se; they just become very aggressive and agitated. They may start fights.

Date: March 30, 2011 10:56PM

I get hypoglycemic sometimes and can get pretty cranky. As can my diabetic brothers. But we do NOT spit on people, throw food and drinks at employees, jump on counters, scream and yell, and destroy restaurants! LOL That woman has a mental illness, that's for sure! Whether clinical or not is debateable. LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2011 10:58PM by RocketShip.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 02, 2011 07:03AM

i think will and intent played a role

she made a decision to vent her anger at having to wait an alleged 20 full minutes for her whopper and fries

she had the intent to display her anger

and the will to carry it out

simple as that

in my book

whatever else was going on in her mind and body

the bottom line was that she made up her mind and she carried it out and she is facing the consequences

the last time i jumped up on a counter in my bikini and started smashing things around was when my arugula dandelion kale endive salad with the raspberry lime vinaigrette was 30 minutes late

i let them REALLY know what was on my mind !!

at least they gave me some extra apples, celery, carrots and strawberry in my Munch'n Lunch veggie crudite combo ( $9.99)

there's nothing like complaining to get the extra loving attention that we all deserve LOLgrinning smiley

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: April 02, 2011 08:48AM

The last time you did that, eh?

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 02, 2011 08:52AM

yeah trive

and the only regret i have is not having done that more often

but hey

u know what they say

its never too late grinning smiley

by the way..the spelling of this topic thread just takes the cake

BOOGER king?

ROFLMAO!

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: August 08, 2011 08:27PM

Springbreak Brawl on Steroids...

Or would you call it our Arab Spring?

[blog.vdare.com]

[www.myfoxphilly.com]

[www.thestar.com]

[www.csmonitor.com]

[www.americanthinker.com]

[directorblue.blogspot.com]

[www.americanthinker.com]

[www.jsonline.com]

[www.digtriad.com]

A table, taken from Violentflashmobs.com, to give you an idea of the sheer scale of the mob violence.

List of Flash Mobs, Wildings, & Group Criminal Mischief

Date City # of Participants Casualties/Damage Source 1 Source 2

8/4/11 Milwaukee Dozens to Hundreds Mayhem and multiple assaults at Wisconsin State Fair [bit.ly]
7/31/11 Pittsburgh ~100 Teens causing mayhem and fighting swarm McDonalds, Trader Joe’s, and a Target store [bit.ly]
7/29/11 Philadelphia 30-40 Teens assault and rob pedestrians, damage property [bit.ly] [bit.ly]
7/26/11 Winfield, NJ 150 Fighting and arrests at firefighters carnival [bit.ly]
7/25/11 Washington DC
Victoria’s Secret store in Georgetown looted midday [bit.ly]

7/23/11 Greensboro, NC Hundreds Man assaulted in park, former mayor’s business vandalized [bit.ly]
7/23/11 Ottawa, ON 35-40 Convenience store ransacked, $800 in merchandise taken [bit.ly]
7/17/11 NYC 5 Assailants assault and rob subway passenger [nydn.us]
7/16/11 Denver 4-5 Baseball-bat wielding thugs hit couple in the head, rob purse (same M.O. as Denver 6/26 attack) [bit.ly]
7/8/11 Redford, MI 15-20 Convenience store ransacked [bit.ly]
7/7/11 Minneapolis Unknown Mother and daughters assaulted [cbsloc.al]
7/5/11 Atlantic City 100 15 men fighting, 2 shot [bit.ly]
7/4/11 Milwaukee 15-20 Two gas station convenience stores ransacked, employees assaulted [bit.ly]
7/3/11 Chicago ~10 Assault with stabbing [bit.ly]
7/3/11 Bayonne, NJ 13-20 Young man brutally assaulted [cbsloc.al]
7/?/11 Dallas Dozens Convenience store ransacked [bit.ly]
6/28/11 Atlanta 30-35 $15k in high end merchandise stolen from Sole boutique [bit.ly]
6/28/11 Fairfield, CA 5 Convenience store robbed, owner assaulted and killed [bit.ly]
6/27/11 San Francisco 4 Teens rob one man of camera, iPod, and bicycle. Twenty minutes later, same teens stab another man and steal his backpack [bit.ly]
6/2611 Denver 4-5 Couple assaulted with baseball bat, stole purse [bit.ly]
6/26/11 Cleveland 75-100 Fighting at Coventry Street Arts Festival [bit.ly]
6/25/11 Washington DC Dozens Fighting after Caribbean Carnival [bit.ly]
6/25/11 Philadelphia 30-40 Several assaulted [avc.lu]
6/24/11 Peoria 50-70 Mayhem in residential neighborhood [bit.ly]
6/23/11 Upper Darby, PA 35-50 Sears store ransacked [bit.ly] [bit.ly]
6/23/11 St. Louis 5 Teens assault and rob man near MetroLink station [bit.ly]
6/21/11 Chicago 50 Walgreens store ransacked [cbsloc.al]
6/20/11 Columbia, SC 8 18 year old brutally assaulted [bit.ly]
6/18/11 Northern VA 5 Two incidents of robbery + assaults [wapo.st]
6/15/11 Kansas City 25-30 Mayhem in residential neighborhood [bit.ly]
6/15/11 Solon, OH 5 Teens threaten and chase victim after he declines to give them a cigar [bit.ly]
6/15/11 Vancouver, BC Thousands 140 injured and $5M CAD in property damage after Stanley Cup game [bit.ly]
6/7/11 Chicago 15 Mob stormed CTA buses, stole electronic devices - Two separate attacks [bit.ly] [bit.ly]
6/6/11 Bessemer, AL Dozens Fighting at amusement park [bit.ly]
6/4/11 Chicago 15-20 Harassing, refusing to let pedestrians go past on sidewalk [bit.ly]
6/4/11 Chicago 15-20 68 year old man robbed while sitting on bench [trib.in]
6/4/11 Chicago 15-20 Man robbed of his iPod on bicycle path, then a bicyclist assaulted and robbed of wallet, bike, and iPhone [trib.in]
6/4/11 Chicago 15-20 Man assaulted while sitting on his scooter [bit.ly]×6
5/30/11 Chicago Unknown Fighting, harassing [bit.ly]
5/30/11 Nashville Hundreds Crowd causing mayhem shuts down water park [bit.ly]
5/30/11 Boston <1000 Fighting [bo.st]
5/31/11 NYC Hundreds Fighting [bit.ly]
5/22/11 NYC 15-20 Dunkin Donuts store ransacked [bit.ly] [bit.ly]
5/1/11 Las Vegas 35 Convenience store ransacked [bit.ly]
4/29/11 Washington DC 20-30 Clothing store robbery [bit.ly]
4/19/11 Harrisburg 8 Bicyclist assaulted [bit.ly]
4/17/11 Atlanta 20-30 Delta employees assaulted on MARTA train [bit.ly]
4/16/11 Los Angeles Hundreds One man shot on the Venice Beach boardwalk [lat.ms] [bit.ly]
4/10/11 Chicago 70 Mayhem at McDonalds [bit.ly]
4/9/11 Rock Hill, SC 8 Group attacks gay man outside of convenience store [bit.ly] [bit.ly]
4/?/11 Chicago 100 Bicyclists assaulted [cbsloc.al]
4/?/11 Washington DC 20-25 Clothing store robbery at Georgetown Tee’s [bit.ly]
2/28/11 Irvington, NJ 5 High school students attack math teacher [bit.ly]
2/23/11 St. Paul 30-50 Convenience store ransacked [bit.ly]
2/20/11 Sacramento 6-8 Local news reporter and photographer assaulted [bit.ly]
2/13/11 South Orange, NJ 500 Mayhem in suburb [bit.ly] [bit.ly]
1/26/11 Memphis ~10 Photojournalist assaulted, camera damaged [bit.ly]
1/21/11 NYC 5 Teenage girls attack Wendy’s cashier after she asks them to behave or leave (they were fighting and throwing food) [bit.ly]
1/2/11 Milwaukee Dozens Mayhem at Mayfair Mall [bit.ly]
1/?/11 Chicago 11 The North Face, Filene’s Basement, Express, and AX Armani Exchange store robberies [bit.ly] [cbsloc.al]
12/25/10 Bradenton, FL Dozens Marine and wife assaulted at theater [fxn.ws]
12/3/10 Birmingham 6 Convenience store ransacked, store owners assaulted [bit.ly]
11/19/10 Seattle 5 Teenage girls attack pregnant girl on bus [bit.ly]
11/17/10 Madison, WI 4 Teens chase, assault, and rob teenager [bit.ly]
10/23/10 Buffalo 5 Teens beat and robbed five University of Buffalo students [bit.ly]
10/9/10 Harrisburg > Dozen Husband, wife, and two friends assaulted near Restaurant Row [bit.ly]
10/?/10 St. Paul 20 BP convenience store ransacked, store clerk assaulted [bit.ly] (See video at 1:18 mark)
9/24/10 Monroe, OH 5 Teen girls shoplift over $1,600 in merchandise from mall [bit.ly]
9/23/10 Champaign,IL 4 Man assaulted [bit.ly]
8/21/10 Des Moines 30-40 Assaults at Iowa State Fairgrounds [bit.ly]
6/17/10 Cleveland Dozens Fighting at Coventry Street Arts Festival [bit.ly]
6/14/10 Pittsburgh 8 26 year old bicyclist attacked and robbed of backpack [bit.ly]
5/8/10 New Orleans 6 Two men assaulted and robbed near French Quarter [bit.ly]
4/24/10 Chattanooga 250 Five people shot, no fatalities [bit.ly]
4/10/10 Kansas City 700-900 Assaults on the Country Club Plaza [bit.ly]
4/4/10 NYC >100 Four people shot in Times Square [nyti.ms]
3/2?/10 Cleveland 6-7 Teens pull 73 year old man from car, viciously assault man and passenger [fxn.ws]
3/20/10 Philadelphia <1000 Assaults [nyti.ms] [bit.ly]
3/3/10 Philadelphia 50-100 Fighting [bit.ly]
2/16/10 Philadelphia 150 Macy’s store vandalized [nydn.us]
1/17/10 Atlanta 9 Three cars stolen, then $50k in jeans stolen during smash-and-grab from Focus Clothing in downtown Atlanta, then another smash and grab at convenience store [bit.ly]
1/10/10 Atlanta 4 Smash-and-grab robbery at liquor store [bit.ly]
12/18/09 Philadelphia 70-100 Assaults [bit.ly]
12/3/09 Philadelphia 70 30 Asian students assaulted by fellow black students [bit.ly]
9/24/09 Chicago Dozens 16 year old beaten to death with wooden plank [huff.to]
7/4/09 Akron <50 Family assaulted after watching fireworks [bit.ly]
8/1/09 Stockton, CA 20-25 Convenience store ransacked [bit.ly]
7/?/09 Stockton, CA 20-25 Convenience store ransacked [bit.ly] [bit.ly]
6/6/09 Columbia, MO 7 Man brutally attacked in parking garage [bit.ly] [bit.ly]
5/30/09 Philadelphia >100 One male severely beaten, cars damaged (taxi stolen), convenience store ransacked, other individuals assaulted [bit.ly]
5/20/09 Atlanta 4 For third time in a month, optical store is victimized by smash-and-grab robbery; this time $50K in designer eyeglass frames are stolen [bit.ly]
5/13/09 Washington DC 9 Clothing store robbery [bit.ly]
10/26/08 NYC 5 Teens beat and rob subway passenger for iPod and mobile phone [bit.ly]
10/25/08 Seattle 5 Five teens beat beloved Tuba Man to death [bit.ly]
7/26/08 St. Louis >20 Family of five returning home from airport attacked near MetroLink parking lot [bit.ly]
6/10/08 Unknown ~100 Convenience store ransacked [bit.ly]
6/1/08 Mt Clemens, MI 12-20 Group beats man unconscious, assaults another - Later, group robs and assaults man at gas station [bit.ly] [bit.ly]
4/14/08 Maywood, IL 5 Chicago women rob clothing store, crash car [bit.ly]
4/?/08 Polk County, FL 8 Teenagers beat up student to post video on MySpace and YouTube [bit.ly]
3/26/08 Philadelphia 5 Five teenagers beat innocent SEPTA passenger, trigger asthma attack which kills him [fxn.ws]
11/23/07 Tuscon 100 Convenience store ransacked [bit.ly]
4/1/06 NYC 4 Teenagers attempt to rob college student, chase him into street where he is hit by a car and killed [nyti.ms]
3/30/05 Columbus 30 Four girls assaulted and verbally accosted [bit.ly]
9/29/02 Milwaukee 16 Man beaten to death after confronting youngsters who threw an egg at him [usat.ly]
4/20/02 Santa Clara, CA Dozens Fighting, convenience store ransacked [bit.ly]
Unknown Miami Beach 15 Retail store ransacked [bit.ly]
Unknown Unknown >50 Convenience store ransacked [bit.ly]
Unknown Unknown 10 Retail store ransacked [bit.ly]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2011 08:28PM by KidRaw.

Date: August 08, 2011 08:29PM

Hey Kid Raw, thanks for that, LOL!!! I live outside Chicago and we have been having a rash of these. They even put more cops on the beat in the city but there was still one on Sat. night. I will have to watch these at my leisure but I don't know if I can stomach the ignorant behavior...

Date: August 10, 2011 07:58PM

Damn, what a shame. I love girls that look like that, but unfortunately they seem to usually act that way, too!! So black and booty-licious....

BTW, y'all oughta stop with the disdain of normal food. Haven't you seen them Buddhist monks in Thailand rioting four years ago?? And Der Fuehrer was a vegetarian at times....

Date: August 10, 2011 10:16PM

<BTW, y'all oughta stop with the disdain of normal food. Haven't you seen them Buddhist monks in Thailand rioting four years ago?? And Der Fuehrer was a vegetarian at times....>

Um...took a wrong turn, dewd? Just curious why you'd wanna post on a raw VEGAN site if you consider dead meat laden in chemicals "normal food." I am not one to tattle on you to the mod; I am just wondering where you're going with this. I was the OP and what I meant is that fast food isn't just about veggie versus meat; it's about all the chemicals used, the denatured state of the "food" due to high cooking temps, bad oils and processed salt. Y'all might wanna get schooled on what we call the SAD: Standard American Diet. And it is "normal" to the average American, hence the high obesity rates and other maladies. Toodles!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 10, 2011 10:24PM

JuicingBodybuilder,

I'm sure banana who doesn't want you to feel unwelcome, but you must admit fast food ain't food--it's phood, because it's made in a lab!

And as for Der Fuhrer, I prefer to think of him as a severly bipolar speed freak[sniff]

Date: August 10, 2011 11:24PM

Juicing Body Builder: Tam is right; I hope I wasn't coming across as rude to you. I see you just signed up and some of the posts that I read from you that are pro-fast food and meat smack of trolling. I have no problems whatsoever if you genuinely want to learn more of why people are vegan and/or raw, and I don't get offended at discussing animal products (I am not currently vegan myself) as long as the person is not just trying to provoke others but really wants to learn why people choose this route.

Date: August 11, 2011 03:29PM

banana who Wrote:
> >
> Um...took a wrong turn, dewd? Just curious why
> you'd wanna post on a raw VEGAN site if you
> consider dead meat laden in chemicals "normal
> food." I am not one to tattle on you to the mod; I
> am just wondering where you're going with this. I
> was the OP and what I meant is that fast food
> isn't just about veggie versus meat; it's about
> all the chemicals used, the denatured state of the
> "food" due to high cooking temps, bad oils and
> processed salt. Y'all might wanna get schooled on
> what we call the SAD: Standard American Diet. And
> it is "normal" to the average American, hence the
> high obesity rates and other maladies. Toodles!

I'm all for healthy living -- and that means eating.

I don't think of this as a vegan/raw site so much as one about healthy eating that happens to engage in something called vegan/raw foodism.

Kinda like, if I wanted to help out old people, I could help at a church, mosque, or synagogue even if I'm an atheist (which I am, BTW, FWIW).

I'm not defending the SAD. But claiming that it leads to violence is far-fetched and, you know what else? Silly.

I live in a Jewish neighborhood. I don't mean culturally/ethnically Jewish; I mean that these guys really think pork is "dirty" but beef is "clean."

And it's just very odd that people should preach love and peach and yet have such disdainful holier-than-thou attitudes.

I just thought it useful to remind everyone -- since this is an avowedly raw/vegan site -- that vegetarian/vegans can also be violent.

Indeed, the low frequency of violence by vegan/vegetarians assumed by many here may be on account of two simple reasons: 1) no one tracks crimes by diet; 2) very few people anywhere follow such a diet.

Date: August 11, 2011 03:41PM

Tamukha Wrote:
> JuicingBodybuilder,
>
> I'm sure banana who doesn't want you to feel
> unwelcome, but you must admit fast food ain't
> food--it's phood, because it's made in a lab!

No, and I don't mean to come across as someone upset, either. Hard to communicate online when it's all just words and no intonation and gesture, but then again we can all just assume a charitable attitude, too. (Yes I know now I'm coming across as holier-than-thou myself so please just bear with me!)

Anyway, I guess I have an omnivore/flexitarian's perspective on food, which I define as something nourishing. But what's nourishing? Well, my perspective is that as long as I can live a reasonably long and reasonably healthy life, it's "food." Will I live to a hundred? Maybe not, but if I live reasonably healthy and long -- say, seventy -- it's food.

I'm not afraid of labs. I am not cavalier in my attitude towards them, but neither am I afraid. Science is just a tool to me. (I'm more afraid of the nexus between science and business, where science is not about discovery as such but about making a profit...usually at almost any cost.) And while I am trying to eat healthier, I don't think that fast food is bad in itself. It's just not as good. But it's good enough, for a time. It's like having a glass of wine every evening. No big deal if that's your thing, as long as it's moderate.

> And as for Der Fuhrer, I prefer to think of him as
> a severly bipolar speed freak

Yeah, point being that a vegetarian diet didn't help much! (In any case, it's now said that he was more a flexitarian than a vegetarian.)

Date: August 11, 2011 03:51PM

banana who Wrote:
> Juicing Body Builder: Tam is right; I hope I
> wasn't coming across as rude to you. I see you
> just signed up and some of the posts that I read
> from you that are pro-fast food and meat smack of
> trolling. I have no problems whatsoever if you
> genuinely want to learn more of why people are
> vegan and/or raw, and I don't get offended at
> discussing animal products (I am not currently
> vegan myself) as long as the person is not just
> trying to provoke others but really wants to learn
> why people choose this route.

Sure I'm here to learn. But I'm not here to learn about "raw/veganism"...I'm here to learn about healthy eating (and, by extension, living). If it leads to going raw/vegan, great. I'm open to that.

But here in this thread I'm just opining that I don't think a carnivorous diet necessarily leads to violence. I'm actually sympathetic to the idea that meat-eating has certain psycho-physical effects, and perhaps increased aggression is one of them -- I try to keep an open mind, after all. By the same token, I also am skeptical about sweeping claims, not because sweeping claims can't be true but because they warrant extra care in evaluation. And so I said that, hey, you had those Thai Buddhist monks physically assaulting one another a few years ago; hey, you had Herr Schickelgruber (his real name, apparently) being a sometime vegetarian....

That's all.

In the final analysis, if someone is "provoked," I would suggest that the reason lies within, not without. I mean, you had them Vietnamese Buddhist monks self-immolating to protest Diem's government...weren't they calm despite the flames??

Having seen that, I became convinced that any reaction of mine is entirely my own responsibility.

Date: August 12, 2011 02:10AM

I never meant to imply that MEAT caused that psychotic behavior at Booger King. I was talking about the CHEMICAL-LADEN NON-FOOD of places like that.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables