Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: quotes
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 10, 2012 04:03PM

Possessiveness is rooted in scarcity thinking, which undermines the natural tendency to expand joy through sharing. -Scott Noelle

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: February 11, 2012 03:59PM

Final judgement bell rang already.

Date: February 15, 2012 01:52PM

Tracy Montrose Blair: "Why do people have to die?"

Nate Fisher: "To make life important. None of us know how long we've got. Which is why we have to make each day matter."

~Six Feet Under

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 15, 2012 04:21PM

I saw a sign outside a Baptist church this morning:

"Those who walk with God will reach their destination."

I thought that was nice...

Date: February 17, 2012 11:28PM

These aren't quotes but they are still so awesome.

[www.google.ca]

Date: March 12, 2012 03:25PM

It’s one of my theories that when people give advice, they’re really just talking to themselves in the past.
Austin Kleon

Date: March 13, 2012 02:44PM

"The thing about smart people is that they seem like crazy people to dumb people."

Date: June 06, 2012 02:36PM

I don't know why this website is so screwy about copy and paste, sigh.

Here is a link to a wonderful Walt Whitman quote.

[www.goodreads.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 06, 2012 04:25PM

Sometimes I wish I could reach back into the ethers and give ol' Uncle Walt a big hug smiling smiley

Posted by: chat ()
Date: June 22, 2012 09:18AM

According to "field of application":smiling smiley

(personal): You see Kitty, it must have been either me or the Red King. He was part of my dream, of course - but then, I was part of his dream too. -Alice

(work): I didn't invent the time machine to win at gambling. I invented the time machine to travel through time! -Doc

(life otherwise): This is your life, and its ending one minute at a time. -Narrator

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: July 09, 2012 01:08AM

"By logic and reason we die hourly. By imagination we live." - John Butler Yeats

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: July 09, 2012 04:38AM

"If your philosophy doesn't grow Corn, I don't want to hear about it."......Sun Bear

Date: July 23, 2012 07:54PM

"Although someone may say there is Buddhism, Cristianity, Islam, ect;
when he has penetrated to the essential nature of his religion, he will regard all
religions as being the same".

Venerable Buddhadasa

Posted by: natashawoodland ()
Date: July 24, 2012 09:52AM

"lOVE YOURSELF so OTHERS Will Love You as Are"

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 25, 2012 04:42PM

On page 1 of this thread, riverhousebill wrote,

“It is more important to spend more time on your vision than developing a marketing plan. If you are open to change, to connecting, to transformation; you will need a new plan every day.” -Anonymous

“No one with a purpose and vision knows how it will be achieved. One has to be willing to follow an unknown path allowing the road to take you where it will. Surprise, serendipity, uncertainty and the unexpected are guaranteed on the way to the future.” -Marsha Sinetar

“When you are on purpose and vision there is a natural pull to the future. Allow yourself to feel this energy. When you have trusted in the past, did you allow yourself to allow the road to take you there? Why have you resisted? Are you willing to step into the place of ‘the I do no know’ when you are clear on purpose and vision?”

Thanks riverhousebill...I can really relate to these...thanks for sharing.

Peace and Love..........John

Date: July 27, 2012 07:38PM

"When you are deluded and full of doubt, even a thousand books of scripture are not enough.
When you have realized understanding, even one word is too much"......Fen-Yang

The best quotes, to me, are Pithy....short, and packing a punch......WY

Posted by: RawBliss ()
Date: July 28, 2012 12:34PM

The famous Henry Thoreau essay - Civil Disobedience - grew out of a night in July 1846 when he was jailed for nonpayment of the poll tax. Henry had refused to pay the tax because of its association with the institution of slavery. Behind his back, a family member paid the tax in service of his release. Henry, wanting to continue his protest, was furious. Ralph Waldo Emerson is reported to have visited Thoreau in his jail cell, asking...

Emerson: "Why are you in there, Henry?"
Thoreau: "Ralph, why are you OUT THERE??

Date: August 06, 2012 06:03PM

“Own our physical body possesses a wisdom which we who inhabit the body lack. We give it orders which make no sense.” ~ Henry Miller

Every living thing is dedicated to survival, to prolonging its life to the maximum. Each organism will do it’s best to adjust to any change in the environment in order to survive. This miracle has been called “The Universal Law of Vital Adjustment”. This law has always existed, and it always will. We can see vast evidence of this law in every blade of grass striving to emerge through the concrete, in every rabbit changing the colour of its fur with the seasons, and in every human being surviving in today’s challenging and constantly changing world.

12 Steps To Raw ~ Victoria Boutenko

Date: August 07, 2012 08:11PM

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of
all our exploring will be to arrive where we started...
and to know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2012 08:12PM by riverhousebill.

Date: August 20, 2012 07:49PM

"Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?"......
Phyllis Diller
(July 17, 1917-August 20, 2012) RIP.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 09, 2012 04:31PM

I came across some interesting tid-bits about these philosophers.

I have tried, too, in my time, to be a philosopher; but I don’t know how, cheerfulness was always breaking in.
Oliver Edwards in Boswell’s “Life of Samuel Johnson”

Epicurus (341-270BC) wasn’t what we now think of as an Epicurean. Far from indulging in orgies and banquets, he lived on barley bread and fruit, with cheese as a special treat only on feast days. Celibate himself, he discouraged sexual relations among his followers, and his students were allowed no more than a pint of wine a day. His philosophy was based on the Tetrapharmakos, or “Four Cures”: don’t fear God; don’t worry about death; what is good is easy to get; what is terrible is easy to endure.

Thomas Hobbes (1588-1679), who wrote his great work Leviathan in 1651, always claimed that he was born prematurely when his mother was struck with fear at the thought of the Spanish Armada. He said: “My mother gave birth to twins: myself and fear.”

Love,
Prism

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: September 15, 2012 10:06PM

'Man is not the creature of circumstances, circumstances are the creatures of men.'
-BENJAMIN DISRAELI

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 16, 2012 05:15PM

The U.S. Constitution guarantees citizens right to pursue happiness. "It's up to you to catch it". Benjamin Franklin

On that theme, happiness, I just watched a movie on Netflix called 'Happy' which is about what makes people feel happiness. It was enlightening for me.

Love,
Prism

Date: September 19, 2012 12:07AM

Quotation by Anna Elizabeth Dickinson

We are told to maintain constitutions because they are constitutions, and what is laid down in those constitutions?... Certain great fundamental ideas of right are common to the world, and ... all laws of man's making which trample on these ideas, are null and void—wrong to obey, right to disobey. The Constitution of the United States recognizes human slavery; and makes the souls of men articles of purchase and of sale.

Date: September 19, 2012 01:24AM

The Genetically Modified Poem
by Dave Bonta

iron flowerThe genetically modified poem is critic-ready, designed for the sanitized fields of modern mass production. It is the trademarked property of its creator. Its lines have been engineered not to reproduce themselves in anyone’s imagination.

The genetically modified poem produces its own growth hormones, easily outstripping its unmodified competitors. It’s the ration of choice at the poetry feedlots of Iowa, where so many manuscripts are fattened up for publishing.

The genetically modified poem has much higher nutritional value. Its every syllable is packed with nuance, assonance, and B vitamins. You hardly need to read anything else.

The genetically modified poem is a wonder of nature, containing the line-breaks of William Carlos Williams, the sudden insights of Basho, and the easy surrealism of late Neruda, not to mention the genes of a flounder.

The genetically modified poem has been stripped of idioms and idiosyncracies to maximize its shelf-life, which more than makes up for its inability to reproduce. Light-weight and modular, smelling ever so faintly of an autumn sunrise, it will outlast us all.

Posted by: chat ()
Date: September 23, 2012 04:14PM

Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on.

-Nick Fury

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Date: September 28, 2012 10:19PM

“The de facto censorship which leaves so many Americans functionally illiterate about the history of US foreign affairs may be all the more effective because it is not official, heavy-handed or conspiratorial, but woven artlessly into the fabric of education and media. No conspiracy is needed.”
William blumm

“The popularity of conspiracy theories is explained by people's desire to believe that there is - some group of folks who know what they're doing”

Damon Knight

Posted by: jono ()
Date: September 29, 2012 06:34AM

“there is no way to peace, peace is the way.”

a.j. muste

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 09, 2012 06:48PM

the shallowest flowers in the field will only attract the prettiest bees that sting the worst winking smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: HH ()
Date: October 09, 2012 09:07PM

I like it!

Jgunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the shallowest flowers in the field will only
> attract the prettiest bees that sting the worst winking smiley

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables